Updates for EZLogic - 1.24.1 (Ezlo Hubs only)

Updates for EZLogic - 1.24.1 (Ezlo Hubs only)

Link: https://ezlogic.mios.com
Previous: 1.23.1

1. NuCAL. Integration with EzloWeather parject
We are glad to announce EzloWeather parject! It provides ability to get current temperature by city name.
No token required!

NOTE: we call services as parjects: EzloWeather parject, Google Sheets parject etc.

To create an account:

One more way, you can use NuCAL in Actions.

• Go to MeshBot page
  • Select NuCAL → EzloWeather → Select Account
  • Click on ‘Add Account’ button
  • Confirm the enrollment

Then, you can try this service:

2. Local MeshBot. Actions. Storage in NuCAL
As you know it was possible to save parject output to Local Variable.
Now, you can process and save the output to Cloud Variable.

To create Cloud Variable:

1. Click on “Save output to cloud variable”.
  2. Provide variable name.
  3. Select the function, you want to apply to the response.
    For the example, we will use “get String from json path”. It will be useful for the case, if the response comes in JSON format and you want to extract nested property.
  4. Provide the argument(s).
    For this example, we want to extract the temperature value. We have to provide path to this property. The path should start from the root of the response. For our case it will be
    .data.body.data.temperature
  5. You can test your variable and function.
    WARNING: We will send the real request to the service. You could lose your data if you setup delete/edit actions. For example, delete Google Spreadsheet etc.
  6. See the result.

If you want to customize variable processing you could use Advanced tab.
Basically, we use JavaScript function to do variable processing.
A few comments:

1. As an argument to the function you will get the parject response.
    You can refer to this agrument as raw_json variable in the code.

2. To describe the variable you have to provide 4 parameters:
    Group 91

1. variable name
    2. capability name (by default “variable”, you could always use “variable” word)
    3. value, which will be assigned to the variable (e.g. 7.85)
    4. value type
  3. We use “state” to store the variables.
    To save/update the state by MeshBot execution, you should return the object with the following structure.
    State - it is the object, that contains the array of variables. In case of single variable, you should return an array that contains another array with variable description.

var output = {state: [["Sydney temp","variable",raw_json.data.body.data.temperature,"string"]]}; 
output;

NOTE: no return word, just write new state variable name in the end.

It is possible to describe multiple variables. Each varialbe will be represented by additional array.
Simple:

Advanced:

NOTE: Try to create multiple variables using Simple tab and then switch to Advanced tab to see the result.

In further releases, we will provide ability to use Variables in Trigger section.

3. Device settings. RTSP URL property
We exposed RTSP URL on Device settings page.

Camera stream urls will be displayed in the Dialog.
You could copy a value by “Copy” button:

Fixes and Improvements

1. Fixed max length for expressions and variables names. It must less than or equal to 29 symbols.
  2. Fixed max length for MeshBot name. It must be less than or equal to 128 symbols.
  3. Fixed automatic auth data regeneration.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This RTSP stream URL.

Say I have a VistaCam 1203 do I also need a username and password to go along with the URL ?

To add that cams video feed into a 3rd party app such as Home Remote or TinyCAM Pro.

Thanks.

Answer my own question.

Seems you dont need a user name and password which might be somewhat concerning.

In TinyCam Pro app I added a new Generic Camera with Rtsp over TCP and pasted in the camera stream URL obtained from the Ezlogic web UI and I did then briefly see the VistaCam 1203 image.

I say briefly as it seems to have stopped working currently.

Although its very hit and miss in the actual Vera Android app as to if it will play the cameras feed or not.

It hasnt been very reliable. Not sure if its the Wifi range or not?

Like now I can ping the cameras LAN IP with no dropped packets but I cannot seem to currently view the camera in the Vera app.

Edit:

A dev just told me this.

“The rtsp url now being exposed is the stream coming from the controller not the camera directly. Thats why you don’t need username and password.”

I didnt notice earlier but the rtsp URL does have the controllers LAN IP rather than the cameras direct IP address.

I was pinging the wrong thing earlier, the controller and not the cam.

However its still hit and miss if the VistaCam will load in the Vera app or not. When pinging the camera directly, initially I get a load of request timeouts but then eventually it seems to wake up and starts responding OK to pings.

Its like the cam goes to sleep?

I noticed a few small things in the dashboard display:

• Time is displayed too large.

• The sun symbol in the Light Level Sensors is too close to the value.

• Smoke and Heat sensors now have a door symbol with the satus closed. Looks like this is being confused with a door sensor.

• The weather tiles temperature value has no unit (°C/°F) and is displayed at the wrong unit (that should be the selected system value).

• The battery value of the humidity sensors (child device of Aeotec Multisensor 6) displays -1. I don’t know if this can be read from the device, but when It’s power adapter connected there should be some kind of plug symbol instead of a battery symbol. Or there should be no symbol/value because it’s a child device.

• I still have no answer what this ‘Unknown’ in the thermostats stands for (I’ve asked about it several times before).

Hi @Odysee , thanks for the feedback. We will fix these issues asap and get back to you.

Today I get (with 1.24.2) this error for the Dashboard:

I found one more:

The marked values can’t be changed (neither directly nor via the arrows):

Hi @Odysee ,

We are already working on the bugs you reported.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.