Geo fence/geo enter

And the one in the Google Play store which I just installed is version 1.114.0.561

So the App stores have the new versions I mentioned in that other thread.

I can’t seem to find where to use the fence. I created one, but I can’t see anywhere in the meshbot option to use it as a trigger.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with Thermostat tiles in new “Native Dashboard” in Mios iOS app

Press More button then “Geofencing”.

How do you use the geofence as a trigger? I don’t see it listed in the meshbot creator

Bill

Im not sure I havent looked at the Geo fence stuff yet.

However the Mios app release notes suggest it may be possible.

It might be that the firmware on the controller and the “Advanced Scenes” also needs updating to catch up?

I’ll ask someone.

• Support for geofence in scenes, allowing for location-based automation.
  • Scenes block implementation for scene-based

Meshbots in the web UI has to be updated yet to support it. Dont have an ETA for that yet. So we have to wait a while.

Was told the following.

iOS MiOS app - does have Geofencing. In the app User can setup location and register the device(iPhone). This device will send current location to be used in meshbot triggers

Current Web UI Ezlogic live version 2.4.3- doesn’t have geofencing support. Need to release it.

What will be released:

1. User can create Cloud Meshbot based on geofence location and the registered device.

2. User can browse Geofencing Settings: location and the registered device. Can enable/disable geofencing.

Geofencing is not supported in Local meshbots.

The current Android MiOS app - doesn’t have Geofencing currently.

Hello,

Ezlogic has been updated and now includes Geofence capability integration into the Cloud MeshBots.

We look forward to your comments.

I tested and it didn’t seem to work

How does this interact with the House Modes?
And why are Vera and Ezlo interacting with each other? For Example in the Vera App there’s now an option as to which fence list you want to use Vera or Ezlo.
I’ve noticed this with notifications as well. These are two separate systems why are they interconnected?

Jonathan did you try and test the Geo fencing yet? Did it work for you?

I will try it later myself.

Is House Modes even working properly on the Ezlo platform ?

It wasn’t last time I looked at it and there was a whole thread about it here.

How is it this device is considered a production status unit, it seems more like it’s still beta.
Wasn’t the controller ‘released’ almost 4 years ago? Basic functionalities still don’t work. I still can’t get local weather like I can on my Vera. And can’t delete the non functioning Ezlo weather cloud services entries.
At this point I can’t see trying to migrate any of my devices over, especially if house modes does not work.

I have the same problem. I asked that team for an update on when the Cloud Services will be fixed again? Apparently they had to re-write them all for some reason. Why they just didn’t temporarily remove that “Cloud Services” area from the web UI and block it, until they fixed it all again I am not sure.

I am pushing them for House Modes to be fixed and also completed to be in feature parity with how it works on the Vera hubs / system. I am asking them to make it a high priority.

They were finalizing the rewrite at the end of March.

Hello @cw-kid

Not yet. I will try later today.

Any results?

Hello @Tim88

Unfortunately, it didn’t work, but I noticed that my iPhone settings were set to “While Using the App.” I’ll try again later today with the setting changed to “Always.”

How can you tell if it’s working or not unless you are setting a virtual switch or something similar,unless it’s working with the home modes?
How does it handle multiple users?