Geo fence/geo enter

Hello @Tim88,

I wanted to clarify that I did use a switch, but my location settings were incorrect.

I changed these settings, and it worked fine last night:

To handle multiple users, you will need to create different accounts and select the user in the MeshBot “User” field.

Is there any data yet on the extent to which battery life is reduced by geo-fencing?

How do I get it to control house modes like Vera used to?

How do I get it to not switch modes if there is at least one user at home?

I don’t see that menu. i am on a android device.

Hello @Odysee

Not much difference. I’ve had it set to ‘Always’ since yesterday, and it’s used up 6% of the battery. See below:

1 Like

The House Modes feature is currently under review and development, but I will check it.

I will try this weekend with both my wife’s phone and mine to get real usage results.

Hello @Gary,

• Could you clarify which menu you are referring to?
  • Are you using the MiOS app? If so, could you please share the app version you’re using?
  • Could you please share more details of your mobile phone like brand, model, and operating system version?

How do you rename or delete a registered/connected device?
Can this only be done via the web interface and is it delete only?

If it’s not finished why is it in released code to the public?

Hello @Tim88

• If it’s not finished why is it in released code to the public?
    Like all software that is constantly changing and has different versions, our developers refine details as requests for features, improvements, and bug fixes are received.

• How do you rename or delete a registered/connected device?
    Using the MiOS app on your mobile device. Under More-> Geofencing

• Can this only be done via the web interface and is it delete only?
    Create the device and register it using the MiOS app on your mobile device.
    Create the MeshBot using Ezlogic on your computer. Our developers are working to make the MeshBot option available in the app as well.

This a feature/function you yourself said was still under development. Features/functions still under development don’t belong in a public release. It’s a great way for end users to lose faith in a product.
I get there will always be some bugs in software but the base golden path functionality should exist in a release. These releases have never been advertised as public betas and therefore the end user/customer expects them to have been tested and working.
I used to test software and if a function or feature was not tested to the best of the test teams ability it didn’t go into a release to the customer or the release was delayed.
Is the Ezlo unit a production or beta unit? Is the software on it all still considered beta? Is everyone that is using a Ezlo hub basically a beta tester? It’s being sold like it’s a finished product.
It seems like there’s no road map and the releases are like the wild west.

No. It’s not a Beta. As I mentioned, changes are currently being made to the feature. That doesn’t mean it’s a Beta, and it was released because it was working well at the time of QA.

Maybe house modes works/worked to set what’s armed etc. so let me present this a different way. How do I set a house mode using geofencing with an Ezlo controller like my Vera?
House modes and geofencing are integral and should go hand in hand with one another.
PS
When will the cloud service rewrite be finished? All those features are broken.

Let me check this weekend and I will share the instructions and results here

Are house modes only available in the mobile app?

This should be ‘out if the box’ functionality. This is a basic feature and shouldn’t need levels of investigation.
This controller has been out for almost 4 years and I still can’t do some very basic functions.

As far as I remember, we were talking about House Modes + Geofencing. Do you need me to comment only and test the House Modes?

House modes + Geofencing
I haven’t done anything with house modes because for me it’s pointless without geofencing.