Ezlo Secure is coming

for me of the most important things: in ezlo is there a way to save my data as I do with the datamine2 plugin?

Hello.

Thank you for your interest in upgrading your Controller!
We’ve just released our new generation of controllers with improved tech specs and, in order to upgrade your current Vera controller (Applies to all Vera models) to one of the Ezlo controllers, we have these options:

US - $47.95 + shipping (Retail is $69.95) SAVE 31%

US - $149.95 + shipping (Retail is $199.95) SAVE 25%

**** Both controllers are currently in Pre-Order to be shipped within 30 days.***

Also, if you want to acquire a Vera controller we have this option:

• VeraSecure:

US - $ 189.95 + shipping

To upgrade your existing unit, please place an order for an Ezlo or Vera controller (packages not included) in our webshop only: Smart Home Controller | Ezlo Smart Home Hub
Once you have set up your new unit, please send an e-mail to shop@getvera.comwith the subject: UPGRADE PROGRAM and attach a copy of the receipt and the serial number of the old unit. We will issue the rebate to the original payment method.
Also, please note that this offer cannot be combined with other promotions or bundles found in our shop.

Note: If you decide to go for the upgrade program, your current Vera controller won’t be bricked by us, it’ll simply be restricted from accessing our platform. That means that the controller will run locally with your scenes and current devices connected to it and you will be able to access it locally, but you won’t have remote access to it from the VeraMobile app nor the websitehome.getvera.com.

If you wish to keep your current controller online and acquire an Ezlo controller, you will need to buy the Ezlo controller at full price.

I hope this clears out your doubts.

Thank you for your continued business!
Kind regards.

So @melih is not correct: there are restrictions!! Or , wrong/bad internal communication within Ezlo?

Thanks, people need to be aware of this then.

@melih never mentioned about any restrictions placed on the old Vera unit.

You could always use GitHub - toggledbits/Vera-Decouple: Scripts to decouple Vera Home Automation Controllers from their parent cloud services to decouple the vera. Then use GitHub - reneboer/ezlo-VeraBridge: Bridge selected devices from Vera to Ezlo Plus to bridge your vera devices to the ezlo hub.

2 Likes

The discount and pre-purchase option is not yet available for Europe?

This part is not correct.

Users that have a Vera controller and choose to access the Upgrade Program, will get a rebate on the price of the new Ezlo Hubs and will continue to use the Vera Controller as they did untill now, without any restrictions.

I am aware that you received this information as a response from our customer care team and we apologise for the miscommunication. We are now in the process of clarifying the topic internaly and will ensure users will get the correct information.

3 Likes

EU version for Ezlo Secure is targeted for end of Q2 - beginning of Q3 2021.
The EU version of the Ezlo Plus would be earlier in Q2, 2021.

These are estimates we have so far, please note the dates may be impacted based on demand.
We will provide updates along the way.

2 Likes

What is the issue for Texas users?

What about the discount? can the discount request for europe be made until when?

1 Like

When you log in to your Vera and check under additional services
Vera Protect
about Vera Protect, you will discover that the service is not available in MD, VA, TN, AL, UT or D.C. Permits are pending in TX, FL, and CA. The permits have been pending for well over two years, so the website information is a joke. When I purchased my Vera Secure, I had Vera Protect and it worked well. When Ezlo took over MIOS, my monitoring service was canceled without notice. I have checked on permitting in the state of Texas and was told it takes approximately 30 days. I have grown weary of being strung along, and after numerous inquiries with Vera, including one with a vice-president who promised me he would look into and resolve the issue, have given up. I have installed another independent alarm system and am in the process of finding a reputable home security system that I can integrate with my end devices, other than the ones that are Vera specific. If they can’t get permits completed in two years, for three of the most populated states in the country, I don’t have much faith they will be able to resolve other client issues. The last time I checked, the Vera Secure can still be purchased, and the backup is a 3G cellular modem. 3G cellular was phased out in my area of the country last month. Now that is leading edge technology for you!

I asked the guys to provide an update on the latest on TX, FL, CA.

Wow. I didn’t know that about the Texas alarm permit. I bought the Ezlo Secure to eventually replace my most heavily-used Vera Plus. The alarm monitoring was a future-proof option. It will likely stay on the test bench as they work out this and other issues (plug-ins).

Yes, I just got a note from the support group stating they are working on it
I will probably being using all of my Vera Vista Cams for door stops.

I know it was asked above, but didn’t see an answer
 What’s the ETA for the Australian market?

2 Likes

Has anyone put together a decent list of “what’s new” for existing Vera Secure and Vera Plus owners? I want to know if its a significant enough improvement to pull existing customers like me, or more targeted for new customers and lower model upgraders. Also for the Ezlo Secure, are there any baked-in security scenes and security functionality, or is it pretty much the same as the original Vera Secure that has the right components, but where more advanced people (like myself and several others) have to add basic security functionality to make it usable as a security device?

Echoing @JTG’s request above - have been a VeraPlus user for several years now - I have two (in two homes).

I’m also trying to figure out if I want to go with the EzloSecure, not because I need all of the extra “secure” stuff, but for the faster processor and more memory. One of my homes has only about 20 devices and is only running a couple of plug-ins. But my other home has probably close to 100 devices, running maybe 5-6 plug-ins and a lot of automated scenes. That all seems to work fine now with my VeraPlus. Will I get equal or better performance/responsiveness with an EzloPlus? Or should I go with the EzloSecure for that second home?

And I have two other questions I didn’t see addressed in this thread

• Is the upgrade/migration from my VeraPlus to the EzloPlus (or EzloSecure) a straighforward controller shift and/or backup VeraPlus then restore to EzloPlus? Or will I need to re-build from scratch?
  • Will there be any issue with an EzloPlus co-existing with a VeraPlus in my single getVera account - will they still share the same Alexa and Google integration like my two VeraPlus’ do now?

UPDATE: I found the FAQ Topic, so the first of my two questions above was answered - sounds like I’ll need to re-build my setup from scratch. :confused: I saw another comment in the FAQ regarding my second question, but it was somewhat confusing, so it’s still not clear to me if I can have a new EzloPlus running in one of my homes and keep my VeraPlus running in the other home, and still use my same GetVera account to access both (as well as maintain the integrations with Google Home & Amazon Echo).

Yes, but at the moment you can’t control devices from a controller to another. They’ll work ok inside the app, side by side as it’s today if you have multiple Vera controllers.

Does the discount apply for the EU version as well?

1 Like

@Gabi, You copied and pasted the same answer you sent to me! And don’t answer the question
 neither me nor the @uísque! The Discount! How does it work in europe?

1 Like