7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

It would be nice to hear something about releasing or scraping this FW from any Ezlo Staff member.

I concur… There has been no update from Staff for 3 months on this release.
I keep expecting to see a little banner popping up on the forum saying “it’s been a while since we’ve seen ezlo…” :grinning:

Come on guys… Reply to your customers please!

5 Likes

Came here to check on the release date…

1 Like

I have to conclude that if they haven’t released it there are issues that they plan to address. I hope I’m not just being optimistic.

I have been crazy busy with work since late November and I was pleased to see a firmware update may be coming. But my system has been very stable the last couple of years with the current firmware. Even when it gets published, I may wait a while before I update.

Could someone from Ezlo at least confirm this is still in the works and has not been abandoned.

5 Likes

Is this beta version from June (4 months old) the latest version for testing? I am still running the 7.31 Firmware, which is over 13 months old and still has a laundry list of known issues, as is evident just from this versions change log. Is there a release date for 7.32 or is everything moving to Ezlo Linux with no clearly documented update path?

4 Likes

20d and no response from the team…what should I say. Being very disappointed. I want to stay with VERA as it is stable since a long time but already start looking left and right for alternatives…

2 Likes

looks like a EOL

1 Like

Well, of course, Vera users were abandoned. They did not complete the FW that is unstable, we are left with beta version 4. Unfortunately, it is leaving for another Hub, and surely I will not make the mistake to buy an Ezlo with this treatment we have.

2 Likes

Even Ezlo Hubs are not available in the EU. I can accept either stop Vera or continue, but no answer/plan is not fair. I have 4 Vera plus where 2 are operational and 2 are backups…

With the current supply constraints, we have had unfortunately delayed the launch of our new platforms in Europe. We will update you as soon as we are able to resolve these issues.

But we can assure you and the rest of our EU customers that tremendous efforts are being made, every day, and we’re making progress day by day with launching our Ezlo lineup in Europe.

Fully understood the situation of supply issues but nothing to do with information / roadmap of 7.32 FW update.

5 Likes

If I am reading this message correctly, please correct me if not, it is clear that the support and FW for Vera will not exist anymore, there will be no more efforts, and the recommendation is clear that we should migrate to the Ezlo platform. Am I reading this correctly, or not?

understood it in the same way. Ok, a product reach EOL, but VERA customer support should not end with a beta FW. I run the last beta on my operational machine and it is rock solid from my view. Please crew set somehow a point to the VERA story with the “final” release and don’t let the end open.

2 Likes

Since several days notifications aren’t poping anymore on my Vera Mobile on android (I’m running a Vera Secure in Paris, France, for two years).
I tried to reset my vera secure. It didn’t change anything.
Maybe it’s a bug in the box ? But the long time promised 7.32 firmware isn’t published and we have no news here.
So I had to try something else.
I wanted to remove/reinstall Vera Mobile but the app is not on the playstore anymore.
Don’t know if it’s an official EOL but it looks like a slow agony …

1 Like

1 November. Monday. New lockdown.

Good day to start migration of all installations from Vera to HA+ZwaveJS2mqtt (it compatible with almost all IoT hardware around a world, not only z-wave)
and NodeRED as powerful logic engine and designer.

There is no more desire to “wait for the weather by the sea”

3 Likes

I’ve got the same problem. I can’t find the app anymore!!
Luckily I found in on some APK site, but this is really bad!!
Or am I missing some kind of new app that we need to use??

2 Likes

The VERA Mobile app is not in Play Store anymore, I have the same experience, but there are more things to be added:

I discovered is that the change was days ago, having installed the VERA Alerts plugin, I received information of changes in the sensor.

When a door was opened and the sensor was armed, I got an alert, even if it was not marked in the Home/Away. Even more, if the sensor was not detected, (offline), an alert was also sent, and same when it came online, even if the sensor was NOT armed.

But now, I do not get those alarms, and only when the sensor is armed and marked in the H/A/V system, I get the alert of opening/closing the door, both thru Vera Alerts and Pushover system.

So, it seems that something has changed in the alerts protocol or in the communication with Android. I still have the Vera mobile app version 7.78.2.1, Vera Edge 7.32 1.7.5385 and Android 9 with sec patch Aug 2021.

If I enter in Vera Mobile app and look for Alerts, I see all of them, but I feel this what the controller has inside it, not because the VERA Mobile app got them.

And, btw, I get all those alerts by my mail userid, all of them.

Hope this could help to solve the problem, or should we open a ticket in support? (If there is still support for VERA and specifically for VERA Mobile)

I found a further discussion about the VERA Mobile and playstore in: VeraMobile no longer available in Google Play store! - Apps & Remote Access / VeraMobile - Ezlo Community they say they are “working hard” on it, but…

Regards.

1 Like

Dear Vera Team, i kindly ask you again to give us somehow a forcast or plan how to proceed on the legacy Vera product. We have here a kind of loose end with the beta release. I run the beta since published and it is better than everything before. Please issue the “final” release as soon as possible. With the actual status, you will loose lots of confidence…

8 Likes