7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

We haven’t yet managed to reproduce the issue. What version of virtual sensors plugin are you using?

It doesn’t matter if the sensor is virtual, real, or just a stub. But it turns out, it’s pilot error on my part. It looks like when I installed a previous Beta, I either opted for “factory reset” or the “mode settings” under My Modes got reset to default, like this:

and in that default, sensors were not honoring their ModeSetting state variable on the devices. I personally think it’s odd to have a separate setting for “default” or “custom” when each device has its own ModeSetting that is itself default or custom, but that’s my bias, not a bug for you. Sorry for the error.

1 Like

So are there still open issues to resolve or is 7.32 moving out of beta?

5 Likes

I updated my Vera Secure a couple of days ago. Today when I got home, the Vera is dead. No led lights, no nothing. I switched the power adapter, and no change. It’s dead. Period. It was two years old.
Can I try anything? CPR? Or is it time to move on?
Best regards,
/Fanan

I’m sorry to hear that. There were some posts about reviving a bricked Vera Plus or Edge but they needed a bin file from the support group and you had to be able to connect to the unit to load it.
If it’s not a power supply issue then I would suggest that you reach out to support to see if there is a secret handshake that can be used to revive the Vera Secure for a factory reset.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi crew,
Is there a plan or date for beta 5, or the final release?
I now have a spare box, so thinking of upgrading the offline unit, but only want to do it once :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks
Octo

3 Likes

Good morning,

Unfortunately that sounds like the unit is hardware defective/broken. However, have you try using it without the battery?

Please make this known issue a priority … Issue with being unable to set weekly restrictions on Schlage BE469ZP and BE468ZP locks.

1 Like

Hi @jesus.ramos
I’ve tried that and everything else. It’s clinically dead. I contacted the support, and they said that the warrenty period is over, so I should buy a new controller.

Yup, nothing to do about that.

Regards,

@Fanan , as you seem to be in sweden you have a three year complaint period (reklamationsrätt) according to the consumer purchase act (konsumentköplagen), the complaint should be directed at the reseller.
I have had the battery for my vera secure replaced twice by my reseller (loh electronics), the last time was after about three years.

1 Like

How do you do that, use the Vera Secure without the battery ?

You have to unscrew the cover and then remove the battery, then connect it through the power cable. But keep in mind removing the battery may void the warranty (if it still applies) if done without the direct instruction of Tech Support.

can anyone confirm that this resolved the google home & alexa issues

Hi
Is a beta 5 release planned, or is 4 stable enough for full release…and any hints as to when?

Thanks
Octo

1 Like

My Vera Edge is running firmware version 1.7.5379 (7.32)

I have a switch on there that is exposed to both Google Home and Alexa and I am able to voice command this switch on / off via both voice assistants OK, so I’d say its working.

However the Vera cloud portal setup web pages for the voice assistants are still messed up and generally are a complete disaster and Ezlo haven’t fixed them and seem to just be ignoring the problems that have been reported to them.

So Boo Hoo to Elzo !

1 Like

Good morning,

For the moment I do not see any beta 5 release forecasted but we will inform here if it comes to it.

Regards,

2 Likes

Thanks for reply, so any news on a target release date?
Octo

3 Likes

Any news ???

6 Likes

Also waiting for news on this. I have two leak sensors that aren’t compatible with the current firmware but have been added in the new version. I’d really like to be able to add them to my VeraPlus.

1 Like