VERA UI7 - Plug-In/App compatibility list (updated regularly)

Makes me wonder if your Vera data has malformed json data. I’m not experiencing any issues.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:41, topic:182371”]Makes me wonder if your Vera data has malformed json data. I’m not experiencing any issues.

• Garrett[/quote]

What should I look for or can I provide?

My tablet works when I send a command to the Vera for turning on things and turning off. It just wont reflect/update the current state of that device. Same error message with the json file. Samsung Tablet internal connection. Old AutHomationHD then upgraded to 3.3.1.4

I don’t dare uninstall the program on that device for fear that what happened to my S4 would happen to the tablet.

Datamine seems to have some issues. Homewavepush works but has issues accessing settings.

The following plugins/apps work with exception of slight ui glitch
vacation ghost
xbmc state
gcal sensor
dsc alarm
nest thermostat
countdown timer

the following work but required making changes to advanced settings
vista cam pt
polaroid (foscam driver)
axis cam

the following work properly
upnp proxy
day or night
weather underground

the following install but require a few reloads then have bad gui issues
smart switch plugin

the following partially work (they install but settings cant be saved as the vera save button in the settings is missing)
virtual switch
virtual clock
combination switch

the following do not work
ergy energy plugin installs but keeps saying that gateway serial number is already assigned
onkyo (keeps saying ip is missing even though its there)
belkin wemo (lua keeps reloading)
WDSC hvac app installs but device never creates

i have also made the following observation
no app seems to be able to install a device more than 1x
if you need an app more than 1x there does not appear to be a way to “install another” like in ui5

AutHomationHD Beta is working great remotely.

What issues did you experience?

The plugin appears to work as migrated from UI5, and I tried removing and re-installing it as well. The settings (Push ID + test button) can be found on the “control” tab of the device; they are intentionally left off the “front” of the device interface.

Please check that the IP address of your Hue hub is filled in correctly (in the Advanced tab of the Hue plugin device). The address is not always picked up correctly or at all. Note that this IP address can change when your network’s router or the Hue hub is reset. Also, once the link is established (as indicated by the status message), you will have to restart your vera in order for the Hue lamp devices to be created.

I’ve tried to reproduce this issue: removed the Hue plugin from my Vera, removed that Vera from the Hue hub, and reinstalled the plugin. After clicking the link buttons on the hub and the plugin interface, the link was re-established.

Please check that the IP address of your Hue hub is filled in correctly (in the Advanced tab of the Hue plugin device). The address is not always picked up correctly or at all. Note that this IP address can change when your network’s router or the Hue hub is reset. Also, once the link is established (as indicated by the status message), you will have to restart your vera in order for the Hue lamp devices to be created.

I’ve tried to reproduce this issue: removed the Hue plugin from my Vera, removed that Vera from the Hue hub, and reinstalled the plugin. After clicking the link buttons on the hub and the plugin interface, the link was re-established.[/quote]

Yes worked it out by the end. Thx. Hope you Update it soon so all is working like buttons ect. Ect.

Actually all seems fine now. Thanks for responding

[quote=“charettepa, post:44, topic:182371”]the following work but required making changes to advanced settings
vista cam pt
polaroid (foscam driver)
axis cam[/quote]

What changes did you have to make to the Vista Cam PT to get it to work?

used all the same device xml and json settings from ui5
also the vistacampt.xml file is missing in ui 7
i downloaded it from ui5 in apps/develop/lua files
then uploaded it to ui7 in apps/develop/lua
also the url and direct url was wrong i used the same one as what i have in ui5
the only issue is that pan/tilt dosent stop, click a direction and it goes to the end

[quote=“Ruialges, post:2, topic:182371”]Powermax alarm plugin doesn’t seem to work :cry:

Keeps trying to read the panel configurations but it doesn’t seem to get it…[/quote]
This is really a FW issue, but still… Revision @83 fixes UI7 issues. Download here.

Just FYI. i had this problem with one of mine on U15 as well. Never figured it out… just used the presets as the workaround. So it may not be a U17 issue.

Just FYI. i had this problem with one of mine on U15 as well. Never figured it out… just used the presets as the workaround. So it may not be a U17 issue.[/quote]

only issue is that ui7 dosent seem to display the preset numbers

onkyo plugin now working in ui 7
i made a slight mod to lua file
see my post in the onkyo thread

thread
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17811.new.html#new

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17811.msg188485.html#msg188485

I just made an attempt to fix UI issues relative to UI6/UI7.
Let me know on the following topic if it is better with these changes: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26610.0.html

Anyone know anything about SQRemote iOS App?

It doesn’t support the new login interface and says this on their website: “ALERT! The latest Beta firmware from MiOS is incompatible with SQ Remote. Upgrading to v6 Beta and later will prevent SQ Remote from being able to connect to your Vera system.”

So I’m sure it won’t work and am concerned that Square Connect don’t seem to be doing a lot of development these days…

Hmmm, just noticed that there is a UI7 RC available, and that the smart switch plug-in doesn’t work. As the developer of this plug-in, I’d be happy to fix this , but I don’t have a UI7 box to test with.

Does MCV have a loaner program for hardware for developers so I can get an extra Vera with UI7 to develop / test on? I’d be happy to update all my plug-ins to UI7 if I had the hardware.

Hugh

I’ve just installed the RC on a Vera Lite for some testing and familiarization. a few very early observations:

1. Its a good thing that there are functional interfaces like AuthomationHD and ImperiHome because UI7 is not very easy to use. Maybe as a way to build and maintain a system but certainly not a method of operating it. UI5 wasn’t particularly good in this respect but frankly it was a lot faster and a lot easier navigating it. And the system components were easier to get around and see the system status at a glance.

2. So far I’ve found that there does not appear to be a way to install multiple appearances of apps such as Virtual Switch, PLEG, et al.

3. I think configuring components was easier and faster in UI5

4. As of right now I’ve tried VS, PLEG, DSC and the Blue Iris Camera.

Unless there is something less-than-obvious about using UI7, I know were going to be forced to move to UI7 at some point for for right now, and I suspect for some time to come, UI5 is sadly better.

1. Push Notification was under advanced/custom action in UI5, its not there anymore to use, although existing scenes continue to work