Vera Proximity

[quote=“svaleb, post:40, topic:188148”]ok !
It worked today on my way home. I beeped when I entered the two fences, but it did not turn on the scene…?[/quote]

Have you emailed yourself the log to see if there is an error connecting to your VERA during that time?

No, how do I do that.
I would still love some instructions !

[quote=“svaleb, post:42, topic:188148”]No, how do I do that.
I would still love some instructions ![/quote]

open app, go to settings, debug level, set to debug (it will now start logging) go out or in the fence, then go back to same place and click “MAIL DEBUG REPORT” choose who to sent it to. By default it’s set to mail to Richard and you might do that, but first look at it for your self to see if anything is obvious.

EDIT: There is not a book of instructions for this app. Somethings don’t need instructions they just need some snooping around a button pressing. Other things can be answered by a question.

I agree, not evrything needs a manuel.
and I have, after all, setup the app but cant make it work.
About the log I have, erlyer, sent one to rts and got the answer: empty.
The app has worked once or tweice and then stoppe working. Trying to find out why.

[quote=“svaleb, post:44, topic:188148”]I agree, not evrything needs a manuel.
The app has worked once or tweice and then stoppe working. Trying to find out why.[/quote]

You have to start the debugging and let it run while you move in and out the fence, then you can go back and email it.

If you go straight to the setting and click email it doesn’t log automatically and have previous data stored.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:45, topic:188148”][quote=“svaleb, post:44, topic:188148”]I agree, not evrything needs a manuel.
The app has worked once or tweice and then stoppe working. Trying to find out why.[/quote]

You have to start the debugging and let it run while you move in and out the fence, then you can go back and email it.

If you go straight to the setting and click email it doesn’t log automatically and have previous data stored.[/quote]

I think you have to restart your phone after enabling debugging too.

Possible, but I don’t remember. Probley a safe bet just to cover your bases anyways.

Thanks, just did that and sent it on.

Did you look at it first?

Yes, but I do not understand what it is saying.

Well atleast it’s not blank then?

It will say if your entering and exiting a fence and the fence name, it will also tell you if it connected to vera or fired a scene.

My wife has been having quite the issue with this application. This is not the applications fault, but rather the way she uses her phone… I think I have solved them for her for now, as it has been working flawlessly for a month or so.

Is there a way to make the ongoing notifications less intrusive? She does not like the persistent notification from the app. So she blocks ALL notifications from the app. The app continues to run like this (I do this too). However it does make troubleshooting more difficult you have to dive into the android system app notification settings to re-enable. Perhaps make the notifications persistent, but not have the icon in the corner. Or even a toggle in the app to show the ongoing notification or not.

Is there a reason this app launches and shows in the recent apps list? It seems that this should be running in the background and really only opened if you need to edit or make changes to the state of the app. She likes to “clear” all the apps from recent. This kills the app. I have told her this is not necessary, but she like things “clean”. Once I discovered why she was having such problems with it, I was able to use tasker to create a simple app that launches this app and excludes it from the recent apps so she can’t kill it and keeps her recent apps “clean”.

Thanks,
Matt

[quote=“MLeBaugh, post:52, topic:188148”]My wife has been having quite the issue with this application. This is not the applications fault, but rather the way she uses her phone… I think I have solved them for her for now, as it has been working flawlessly for a month or so.

Is there a way to make the ongoing notifications less intrusive? She does not like the persistent notification from the app. So she blocks ALL notifications from the app. The app continues to run like this (I do this too). However it does make troubleshooting more difficult you have to dive into the android system app notification settings to re-enable. Perhaps make the notifications persistent, but not have the icon in the corner. Or even a toggle in the app to show the ongoing notification or not.

Is there a reason this app launches and shows in the recent apps list? It seems that this should be running in the background and really only opened if you need to edit or make changes to the state of the app. She likes to “clear” all the apps from recent. This kills the app. I have told her this is not necessary, but she like things “clean”. Once I discovered why she was having such problems with it, I was able to use tasker to create a simple app that launches this app and excludes it from the recent apps so she can’t kill it and keeps her recent apps “clean”.

Thanks,
Matt[/quote]

I’m curious myself on some of your issues. I also have all notifications off on mine and my wifes phone to keep it hidden. Turning it back on is like 3 clicks away, but I haven’t had any issues after it was setup. And looking at the logs (turning on logging) is what you really need rather then just notifications.

For me clearing resents doesn’t stop it from running, I do that quiet often myself. I actually just checked right now to see if it was even in my recents and it’s not, but but if you go into andriod settings, appliations, application manager, slide over to running the app is running. I even restarted to see if that would clear resents (but it didn’t). In my pic below my recents are clear the phone was restarted a few min before taking these pics.

Maybe some info on what phone, Android version and such would be useful. And Logging would tell you when it shut down (if it happens when you clear your recents)

We both have moto x’s I have a 2014 (near stock 5.1), she has the 2015 (near stock Android 6.0). I can reproduce the issue with my phone. When I swipe it away the running cached background process stops. I believe this is the intended behavior of Android, but people like my wife don’t understand that.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

This does not happen on my Note 5 with 5.1.1 and I had a note 4 before and never had that issue. Wait for some others to comment, but I don’t think that’s standard procedure to shut down the app, nor have I see that posted here.

When Vera proximity is in Rapid Update mode you can’t cancel the notification.

You can cancel Vera Proximity Notifications, but you can’t hide the Location icon from google services.

Whats your take on the recent list and stop running in background?

With my first android phone in hand, I gave this a go! setup a simple fence around my home, to run a scene to change the profile from home to away (and back) using Lua code I found in the forums!

Works great. Key learning was to have “editing” turned off before it will actually complete an action. (correct?).

Question… The icon on the home screen shows a fair number of updates… and i’m confusing it with my vera alerts updates (since then are in a folder). Can I disable that in Vera Proximity? I like the alerts (via SMS when I enter/leave a fence… so I assume checking “disable alerts” will turn that off, or is that the little numeral notifications i’m referring to?

THanks! Cool easy app!

Ah. This thing is called a badge count. Can I turn this off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

[quote=“tomgru, post:59, topic:188148”]Ah. This thing is called a badge count. Can I turn this off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/quote]

No way to get rid of it and its only on Samsung devices. There has been discussion on this. It clears when you open the app but will continue to count up until the app is opened. You shouldn’t be opening this app after it’s setup anyways. Just hid the icon if you don’t like looking at it. I think I threw it in a folder in the apps list. It’s not a app I keep a shortcut to on my front page.