Vera Proximity

I have a problem.
Proximity worked fine with my vera3, ui5, put now in vera plus I cannot set actions.
It says “error accessing your vera, try again” the first time, and then"no options available select another type", when I try again.
What is wrong.

Did you enter your UI7 credentials ?
Followed by List Veras ?
Did it find your new Vera ?

Yes, and it has found boths units vera 3 and plus.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:60, topic:188148”][quote=“tomgru, post:59, topic:188148”]Ah. This thing is called a badge count. Can I turn this off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/quote]

No way to get rid of it and its only on Samsung devices. There has been discussion on this. It clears when you open the app but will continue to count up until the app is opened. You shouldn’t be opening this app after it’s setup anyways. Just hid the icon if you don’t like looking at it. I think I threw it in a folder in the apps list. It’s not a app I keep a shortcut to on my front page.[/quote]

Sigh… it figures. I can’t turn it off for apps I don’t want it, and it’s not available for Microsoft Outlook where I want it :-). Gotta love technology!

ok… per my thread back a few… this worked great for a bit… then I noticed It was seemingly no longer firing my vera scenes when I entered/left a fence. I double checked the scenes, and they still work fine (changing a profile in Blue Iris).

I ran debug today when I came home… with alerts turned back on… and it DID see my enter the fence. But the scene never fired. when I look in the (attached) log, it says “Evaluation Period is expired”…

my uneducated guess is that this is why nothing Is happening… yet I can’t seen to find anywhere how to pay/setup for fulltime use. happy to pay… what did I miss?

[quote=“tomgru, post:65, topic:188148”]ok… per my thread back a few… this worked great for a bit… then I noticed It was seemingly no longer firing my vera scenes when I entered/left a fence. I double checked the scenes, and they still work fine (changing a profile in Blue Iris).

I ran debug today when I came home… with alerts turned back on… and it DID see my enter the fence. But the scene never fired. when I look in the (attached) log, it says “Evaluation Period is expired”…

my uneducated guess is that this is why nothing Is happening… yet I can’t seen to find anywhere how to pay/setup for fulltime use. happy to pay… what did I miss?[/quote]

Well you guess is right. You have passed you free 30day trial and you need to pay/register the app. it’s not hard to find.

Open vera proximity app on the phone. click the top right 3 dots to get to the menu, then click settings, then click registration key, click on the button that says registration portal and follow that to get a key which you enter right above the button you just clicked. Like the rest of richards apps the process is the same and its per vera serial #. change your vera you need a new one. One license per device, but the id number will be the same for all devices.

It still does not work for me.
I tried it on vera 3, ui5, and has now changed to vera plus.
I registered for the plus, it finds both devices but when i want to put in “action” it cant get access to my my device.
I have tried to delete the app and reinstall, checked passwords and so…I cannot make it work.
I worked fine with vera 3.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:66, topic:188148”]Well you guess is right. You have passed you free 30day trial and you need to pay/register the app. it’s not hard to find.

Open vera proximity app on the phone. click the top right 3 dots to get to the menu, then click settings, then click registration key, click on the button that says registration portal and follow that to get a key which you enter right above the button you just clicked. Like the rest of richards apps the process is the same and its per vera serial #. change your vera you need a new one. One license per device, but the id number will be the same for all devices.[/quote]

I swear i looked at that settings screen 10 times and never saw registration. Geez. thanks.

Richard… I love your stuff… but wow, how about a little notice that pops up letting the user know the trial period is over?

[quote=“MLeBaugh”]We both have moto x’s I have a 2014 (near stock 5.1), she has the 2015 (near stock Android 6.0). I can reproduce the issue with my phone. When I swipe it away the running cached background process stops. I believe this is the intended behavior of Android, but people like my wife don’t understand that.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Well it seems that it may not have been “swiping the app away”, but rather the version of Android (6+)

I upgraded to a Nexus 6p running 6.0.1. I started having the same issue as my wife was. If notification are hidden and the app launched normally, it will eventually stop running.

Launching it using tasker to “exclude from recent” solves this.

I know I just went through this when I had to reset my phone…

but now I broke the screen, and just a replacement. I think I can just add my Vera creds, then go to the RTS portal and get the key and cut/paste into the new app install.

Is that correct? then I do have to recreate the settings, yeah? (sure be nice if you could export/import)