UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.5 (1.7.541/1.7.1018) ▾ Mar. 9, 2015

[quote=“paulcusick3, post:20, topic:186357”]Under bugs fixed: “Garage door opener (Linear DG00Z) has the same icon as a light sensor”

Mine is still a light bulb. Will open ticket[/quote]

We are aware and are working to rectify it.

The upgrade doesn’t work for me : still with 1.7.961 on VeraEdge (transfert from VeraLite).

Something weird : when I’m connecting on the Edge, the first page displayed is the firmware upgrade page (which automatically refresh one more time).
It’s the normal process, when a firmware is available, to show every time this page at the connection ?

Update went fine, however my ZME_WALLCS buttons lost all configuration, and got some unwanted pre-set values configured. However, this was fixed by RTFM and reconfiguring.

In safari the new interface now has the tendency to “flip” to a one column presentation of devices when you’re moving about the page.

So stupid me tried the firmware update and FAIL!!! Maybe it is the feeble lack of RAM on this POS known as VeraEdge? Holy crap if I was a newbie I’d give up and go to a competitor.

Sorry for the venting but come on!!!

[quote=“chuck1026, post:45, topic:186357”]So stupid me tried the firmware update and FAIL!!! Maybe it is the feeble lack of RAM on this POS known as VeraEdge? Holy crap if I was a newbie I’d give up and go to a competitor.

Sorry for the venting but come on!!![/quote]

If the edge has a lack of ram your in trouble as it has the most ram of any VERA. Have you called them?

[quote=“chuck1026, post:45, topic:186357”]So stupid me tried the firmware update and FAIL!!! Maybe it is the feeble lack of RAM on this POS known as VeraEdge? Holy crap if I was a newbie I’d give up and go to a competitor.

Chuck, we’ll get you fixed up in no time. Have no fear.

[quote=“Marc Shenker, post:47, topic:186357”][quote=“chuck1026, post:45, topic:186357”]So stupid me tried the firmware update and FAIL!!! Maybe it is the feeble lack of RAM on this POS known as VeraEdge? Holy crap if I was a newbie I’d give up and go to a competitor.

Chuck, we’ll get you fixed up in no time. Have no fear.[/quote]

Sorry Marc just snapped for a moment. I am concerned about the RAM. I think I can’t upgrade firmware without saving a backup, dumping my network off VeraEdge, loading the firmware and then restoring from my backup. Maybe the firmware update should do this (or whatever is necessary) automatically?

yea…After weeks of tweaking, I finally got my Vera Edge rolling like I want… I think I am going to sit this one out guys.

I don’t know that I could take another round of tweaking/fixing/thinking it is working only to be sadly disappointed.

Good luck.

As I mentioned earlier… just call/email them and have them do the upgrade for you.
It’s what has had to happen for me twice with this Vera Edge when trying to upgrade through their upgrade roll out.

All you need to do is do a full backup saved locally…<- It works for the most part.

I emailed them at 9am CST and they got me fixed up by 5:30CST…

Their techs know their stuff!!! And being that their updates seem to always have issues, it only makes sense to have their support team do it for you.
As they will be the ones to sort it out anyways.

Vera 3 upgrade worked fine on 2nd try after unplugging. Will try my Vera Lite, which is at a rental property, next time I’m there.

I had an issue getting a Vera3 updated – but with support’s help deleting some cached files and a few reboots, it’s up & running. Not 100% sure if the key was the reboots or the increased space.

Couple of issues I noticed:
-After running for a while, the Interface lost several variables for temp setpoints + battery level indicators. After restarting the engine, it seems OK… but before I could do that, it did manage to fire an erroneous alert that my freezer was 22* (it was actually -3 or so). I had already wiped browser cache, so not sure what happened.

-Foscam camera: the live thumbnail on the dashboard seems to drop the image randomly. When it happens, it usually flickers, then some frames of “Not Connected”, before returning to the live image. Other than the thumbnail, the camera & controls seem alright.

-Fibaro door sensor: I’ve seen a message pop up several times stating that it was waiting for wakeup to configure the device. For the most part, the sensor seems to be working.

I trying to figure out what the layout changes are
it looks like the x and y statement in the json do not work anymore (x and y statements in controlgroups)

does someone know what the changes are?

Not even that. Mine is worse. I have two Foscams. One for livingroom and one for kitchenroom. I tried to fix up the Not Connected problem by changing some parameter values back and forth. Then the one in the Kitchen disappeared! I tried to add it back but then it disappeared again. At one time, both of them disappeared. I managed to add the first one (livingroom) back, but one second one always disppear on me. Calling :3480/data_request?id_sdata only shows one Foscam device…

[quote=“TwannieM, post:53, topic:186357”]I trying to figure out what the layout changes are
it looks like the x and y statement in the json do not work anymore (x and y statements in controlgroups)

does someone know what the changes are?[/quote]

Andrei has updated the Wiki. See [url=http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_plugins:_Static_JSON_file#Position_device_controls_for_generic_devices]Luup plugins: Static JSON file - MiOS

As you noticed, the x and y positioning is now ignored.

Thanks for the link Rex but I meant the pudate from version 1.71… to 1.7541 which, over here, has been available since yesterday
it seems you now only can state scenes, controlgroup and under control positioning on page 2
the numbers in each “controlgroup” under “control” are placed behind each other. X and Y numers in the “SceneGroup” look like being ignored
I stripped the code and so far, everything keeps on looking the same

"SceneGroup": [ { "id": "1", }, { "id": "2", }, { "id": "3", } ], "ControlGroup": [ { "id": "1", "type": "info", "scenegroup": "1" }, { "id": "2", "type": "info", "scenegroup": "2" }, { "id": "3", "type": "info", "scenegroup": "3" } ], "Control": [ { "ControlGroup": "1", "ControlType": "label", "text_align": "left", "Label": { "lang_tag": "actuse", "text": "Huidig verbruik:" }, "Display": { "Top": 60, "Left": 0, "Width": 150, "Height": 20 } }, { "ControlGroup": "1", "ControlType": "variable", "text_align": "right", "Display": { "Service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "Variable": "Watts", "Top": 60, "Left": 155, "Width": 70, "Height": 20 } }, { "ControlGroup": "1", "ControlType": "label", "text_align": "left", "Label": { "lang_tag": "watts", "text": " Watt" }, "Display": { "Top": 60, "Left": 225, "Width": 50, "Height": 20 } },

Well I tried to update to the latest firmware. The load got as far as counting to the 15 minute time then it timed out and after a restart a message said to contact support. I tried twice then opened a ticket.

Support was quick, they installed the new firmware but all my devices have now got default icons and are all mixed up. I’ve opened another ticket and am awaiting a response.

I’m pleased that Vera has taken on so many bugs in one release but it should have been a public Beta where more people could try it before rolling it out. Will update this when Support have had another go.

My advice to anyone about to upgrade is hang on!

Support also did my firmware due to the same issue
I noticed the blue message bar now does NOT show status messages exept for the startup luup

this is very annoying

Thanks for the link Rex but I meant the pudate from version 1.71.... to 1.7541 which, over here, has been available since yesterday

So did I, Twannie. The Wiki was updated yesterday shortly after the new release. See the comments about line_break and spacer controls. These are now what we have to control positioning on the UI.

From my experiments, the new controls seem to only work correctly if all your controls are in a single ControlGroup.

thanks rex!