UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.5 (1.7.541/1.7.1018) ▾ Mar. 9, 2015

[quote=“paulcusick3”]Under bugs fixed: “Garage door opener (Linear DG00Z) has the same icon as a light sensor”

Mine is still a light bulb. Will open ticket[/quote]
Did you clear browser cache, close browser, open again?

I had an unrelated issue that fixed something similar.

My Vera had crashed unrelated to this upgrade (probably a bad plugin update that caused a hang, caused me to power cycle, then corrupt jffs due to the power cycle).

Anyway, reset the Vera, erased the flash, then did the firmware upgrade.

Now my backups do not appear :frowning:

I want to try to go back to 7.04, get my backups restored, then backup to 7.05.

Anybody have the URL to do a manual downgrade to 7.04? Vera 3. Thanks

If you encounter any issues in upgrading to the 7.05 release please send send us a trouble ticket at support@getvera.com .

Please assign your unit to your account and after that you should see all your backups by going to Settings > Backup. If you encounter any other issues, please send us an email to support@getvera.com .

[quote=“Ramias, post:22, topic:186357”]My Vera had crashed unrelated to this upgrade (probably a bad plugin update that caused a hang, caused me to power cycle, then corrupt jffs due to the power cycle).

Anyway, reset the Vera, erased the flash, then did the firmware upgrade.

Now my backups do not appear :frowning:

I want to try to go back to 7.04, get my backups restored, then backup to 7.05.

Anybody have the URL to do a manual downgrade to 7.04? Vera 3. Thanks[/quote]

Didn’t you just finish that? LOL

I also notice variable container (or what ever that new version is called) is now in a different layout also. So Yes I see layout changes.

Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that we are all going to be drowning in “liquid layouts” here shortly. Maybe, I’ll go see if I can get the wife to yell and me and the dog to bite me before I upgrade.

I upgraded a Vera Lite and and Edge with no Problems.
The release notes are at:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1908417-ui7-▾-version-7-0-5-1-7-541-1-7-1018-▾-mar-9-2015

Lot of fixes … some of which I reported.

The UI seems much more responsive … Device layouts changed again … In general a step in the right direction.
A problem I noticed (although not always reproducable on demand) seems to be fixed. This should fix PLEG setup issues I have noticed.

Wanted to relate my upgrade experience. So I just upgraded my Vera to 541 and the process did not fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

After letting the upgrade run for a little over 20 minutes I rebooted the Vera. Gave it a good 5+ minutes to boot up and couldn’t get in. Couldn’t ping it. Only the blue power light was on. Rebooted and repeated 2-3 more times each time giving it between 5-10 minutes to boot up and do its thing. With no change.

Finally on the 4th or 5th reboot after the upgrade I left it alone for 15+ minutes while I did some other stuff. Finally saw some other lights blinking and went back to the web page. It let me in and the status bar at the very top of the page said an update was pending. Left it alone for another 5-10 minutes and that message went away.

Rebooted again/refreshed the browser and I finally have a Vera running version 541.

One of the things I was looking forward to in this update was the return of dual setpoints for thermostats. But I don’t see them. My thermostat objects look just like they did before. Am I missing something? Do I need to remove/readd them? Has anyone actually seen dual setpoints?

Thanks

[quote=“CraigO, post:28, topic:186357”]One of the things I was looking forward to in this update was the return of dual setpoints for thermostats. But I don’t see them. My thermostat objects look just like they did before. Am I missing something? Do I need to remove/readd them? Has anyone actually seen dual setpoints?

Thanks[/quote]

The dual setpoints are for scenes. And was added for this update.

From the dash board there is not reason to have 2 setpoints.

I hope my thermostat will show the Auto option again… It used to switch between heat/cool and all I had to worry about was the temperature set point(in UI5)… :-\

Never… never… never will I update this thing again…LOL

From here on out, I’ll just email MiCasa and have them update it for me :-*

Currently staring at the Green Wheel of Death on a Vera Edge

[quote=“dawgbone, post:30, topic:186357”]I hope my thermostat will show the Auto option again… It used to switch between heat/cool and all I had to worry about was the temperature set point(in UI5)… :-\

Never… never… never will I update this thing(Edge) again…LOL

From here on out, I’ll just email MiCasa and have them update it for me :-*[/quote]

Auto is there

Awesome!!!

Hopefully mine comes back to life soon

@Marc,

Exactly, what does and does not work in the static Json? In your post announcing the upcoming version you said that there would be more to come. Well, the version came but the information did not. I must say it would be helpful if the information came before the release. Perhaps users of our plugins could have a working version. I see people who are tagged as Beta Testers on the forums but what is that role? Should I be touching base with them?

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30931.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30931.0.html[/url]

I don’t want to start that ugly debate up again because I really believe in what you got here, but throw me a bone. None of the dimensioning seems to do anything in the static Json anymore. You mentioned 3 new attributes in your post. Where do these “Attributes” go? As it turns out the line_break is not an attribute at all, rather it appears to be a control type. What are its attributes? Do I need to start slogging through the JavaScript again?

Please don’t give me simulator is so I can spend hours trying out different options… That is unless figured out how to turn on my webcam so you can watch me beat my head against the monitor. Then I would completely understand it.

I’m now pissed!!!

This new Edge has done this for the second upgrade in a row… I have a VERY simple network with few devices!!!
I’m tired of dealing with MiCasa’s approach of Beta testing it’s users.

It’s either being rolled out with half witted decisions to not actually try it in their own test labs… Or they roll it out with confidence that the 3rd party engine that runs this mess(MIOS), is capable…

Or perhaps it’s the sweat shop kids not putting the hardware together correctly, as my Edge is more/less scolding hot on the bottom right-hand side, while I now, no longer get a Green Wheel of Death, and can no longer hit the WebUI at all…

Like I said earlier… I’m no longer going to try to update via their UI…
Instead, I’ll just call them and have them do the upgrade, as that will be the end result anyways… ::slight_smile:

Damnit :-[

Yeah, feel kind of sad. I, too am having problem with upgrade second time in a row. Vera has chosen a tough road (trying to be compatible with as many devices as possible and maintain extensibility). They need to spend more money on the engineering team. 200 people in the whole company doing both hardware, software, sales and marketing is not enough. Hard to imagine how they could keep competing with SmartThings and such.

Just installed it, and the un-deletable alert bug still lives.

I’m amazed at the recurring incompetence of the people that write the code, the people that QA the code, and the management that pay them.

There has been nothing pleasant about being a customer of Vera.

Update done today. everythings seems to be good except my smoke sensor Fibaro FGSD-002 which stay in “Waiting for wakeup to configure device” state. I’ve deleted it and unpaired it without to reconfigure it without sucess.

I created a support ticket for you so our Customer Care Team can help you sort out the issue with the smoke sensor.

[quote=“rstrouse, post:33, topic:186357”]@Marc,

Exactly, what does and does not work in the static Json? In your post announcing the upcoming version you said that there would be more to come. Well, the version came but the information did not. I must say it would be helpful if the information came before the release. Perhaps users of our plugins could have a working version. I see people who are tagged as Beta Testers on the forums but what is that role? Should I be touching base with them?

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30931.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30931.0.html[/url]

I don’t want to start that ugly debate up again because I really believe in what you got here, but throw me a bone. None of the dimensioning seems to do anything in the static Json anymore. You mentioned 3 new attributes in your post. Where do these “Attributes” go? As it turns out the line_break is not an attribute at all, rather it appears to be a control type. What are its attributes? Do I need to start slogging through the JavaScript again?

Please don’t give me simulator is so I can spend hours trying out different options… That is unless figured out how to turn on my webcam so you can watch me beat my head against the monitor. Then I would completely understand it.[/quote]

Andrei posted the info below this this morning in a different thread. I forwarded your comments to him so he can look at them and respond.

"Hi all,

Besides Device Simulator, we added in 7.0.5 new controls and new rules for positioning device controls for generic devices(plugin devices). Details can be found here :

http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_plugins:_Static_JSON_file#Position_device_controls_for_generic_devices

The rules for UI5 have not been changed and should not be affected by the new features added for UI7.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in publishing documentation.

All the Bests,

• Andrei -"

Upgrade went flawless on my Vera Edge. My Fibaro door sensors were always waiting for configuration after I did a network heal, at least that seems to be ok now.