UI7 Vera android app geofencing issue

Finally I got it working with a new set up !
Thanks to all your help and patience.

About “rapid update”. It is not clear to me if it works 2min when it is set to 2min or if it works with 2min interval when it is set for 2 min. ? And when does it stop ?

[quote=“svaleb, post:61, topic:188610”]Finally I got it working with a new set up !
Thanks to all your help and patience.

About “rapid update”. It is not clear to me if it works 2min when it is set to 2min or if it works with 2min interval when it is set for 2 min. ? And when does it stop ?[/quote]

That’s the time it runs for. So if your heading home, you have a large fence for say 1 mile out. You should set it with enough time to get home from that fence. You should also notice during this time the little location icon in the notification bar should be poping up every few secs.

Richard can probley tell you the interval, but that’s not adjustable as far as I know. I want to say that is something fast tho 5-10 secs at most.

I think I have mine set for 3min from the .5 mile mark, but I live in a congested area and that half mile can take a bit with stop signs and traffic.

Thank you !
An update to the app just came in today.

[quote=“svaleb, post:63, topic:188610”]Thank you !
An update to the app just came in today.[/quote]

Yes I got that (I thought I got it last night) Richard has already address the location mode change issue (when users keep turning it on and off to save battery).

I’m not one of them, but Thanks for the update Richard!

Thanks from me too.
CE

By the way.
Sometimes there are figures attached to the app label, what does they indicate ?
I assume it has something to do with accurassy, I have set it up to 200.

[quote=“svaleb, post:66, topic:188610”]By the way.
Sometimes there are figures attached to the app label, what does they indicate ?
I assume it has something to do with accurassy, I have set it up to 200.[/quote]

I’m unsure what you mean? Are you talking outside the app on the app icon in your app screen? The numbers?

Accuracy Threshold is what I assume you have set to 200? That is in meters and converted to miles that’s 0.12. For me that’s to big, but i might be just fine for you.
All that says is that if your phone is accurate to within 200 meters its OK to say you crossed the fence. 200 meters is a large area (actually larger then my small fence around the house)

We would all hope that our phones were more accurate then 200 meters but depending on cell signal and GPS signal it can degrade and accuracy is lost. The phone then only knows an approximate location and it knows that it’s in this general area accurate to say 100 meters at the time. When this happens you can falsely bounce you out of a circle that is to small due to it not knowing exactly where you are. A lower number would force you phone to wait until it got a more accurate location of you before saying that your in or out of a fence. This generally happens shortly after you go outside (GPS and Cell Signal improves as soon as you do).

Some people may just make their fence bigger to correct a false bounce out but this give you another option so you can keep a small circle and weed out the false crossings.

This leads to maybe (now that I’m talking and thinking about what you posted about images) catch what you talking about on app labels. On the map in the app. Your positioned by a blue pin. If your indoors that blue pin will likely also have a blue circle around it (zoom way in on the map to see it) changing size. That blue circle represents the range of accuracy your phone is currently achieving. The larger the blue circle the less accurate your phone is currently is. Walk outside with a good view and see how it changes. With a great signal I think the phone can be accurate up to like 5-8 meters (based on which phone you have and google test) but this will never happen indoors.

I used to keep mine at 100 and now it’s at 50 for my accuracy, but if your fence is big you may never notice the difference anyways. It’s just good to know you have options.

Yes, I mean the numbers outside the app icon. the number is sometimes quite large e.g. 40.
I thought it was “false fence events”.
I live far out with a poor mobile signal so when I am indoor the blue circle is about 100m or more.
Satellite are of course ok outside.

An other thing: do I get a mail when the test period is out. Now it works I would like to pay.
That is if it is connected to my phone (I may get a new vera soon).

[quote=“svaleb, post:68, topic:188610”]Yes, I mean the numbers outside the app icon. the number is sometimes quite large e.g. 40.
I thought it was “false fence events”.
I live far out with a poor mobile signal so when I am indoor the blue circle is about 100m or more.
Satellite are of course ok outside.

An other thing: do I get a mail when the test period is out. Now it works I would like to pay.
That is if it is connected to my phone (I may get a new vera soon).[/quote]

I actually cant tell you what that number means but it can get alot higher the 40 on my phone if i dont open the app for some time. I’m assuming that its a fence crossing.

When your trial is over you will not get a notification or email. You’ll just get a non functioning app. It says in the logs tho, but i doubt youll be running a log for that purpose.

Indoors my accuracy can be well out of 100meters. Which is why i set my accuracy for less then that. I want it to only count me when its more accurate then my smallest fence.

Then it must be “false” fence crossing. I pass the fence once a day in and once out not 40 ore more.

I would like to know if my acount is connected to my vera or as an android app to my phone. The vera may change in the near future, so if it is to the vera I will not pay now.

I have seen the registration page and I think it is connected to my vera ??
What is the price, it does not say !
Where to pay to, it does not say either.
Maybe I am stupid but I have not used paypal since I payed for veraalert about 2 years ago.

If you go into the registration portal it tells you the anwser to your questions.
5.95 its per liscense per vera serial, so yes if u moving to a new vera hold off or youll have to pay again.
Its the same payment as pleg and vera alerts just follow the instructions in the registration portal.

Hmm, in the reg. portal I have confirmed my mail and that is it.
Thanks for mentioning the price. The only price I have seen is in the beginning of this tread 5 or 5,5 $.
Thanks for your help.
CE

numbers outside the app icon.

This is only valid on Samsung devices.
It is the number of notifications since you opened the App last.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:73, topic:188610”]

numbers outside the app icon.

This is only valid on Samsung devices.
It is the number of notifications since you opened the App last.[/quote]

What do you mean notifications? Can you be more specific?

Yes, it is a samsung I have.

You know the messages at that are displayed at the top of your phone … Those things are called notifications

On Samsung you can use them to count things … In my case it’s the number of notifications posted since the last time the app was run.

Same behavior n Vera Alerts.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:76, topic:188610”]You know the messages at that are displayed at the top of your phone … Those things are called notifications

On Samsung you can use them to count things … In my case it’s the number of notifications posted since the last time the app was run.

Same behavior n Vera Alerts.[/quote]

Well you made no sense to me until I realized I turned off (unchecked in the application manager) notifications for Vera proximity. So I couldn’t even say what each alert is. But If I’m home and the number is zero’ed out I would assume until I leave it should stay at zero unless I have some problems.

I have now turned back on the notifications just to investigate what are all these notifications that seem to be poping up. I’ll then go back to turning off notifications afterwards. I choose not to flood my status bar with geofence crossings.

My APPS only post a single notification … I never send post more than 1. I hare having to clear dozens of notifications as well.

I saw turned it on for a breif time yesterday and besides my fence crossings I was getting a notification for “Waiting for next fence crossing” which I’m assuming means it’s in rapid update mode? I got this message while not leaving a fence.

I just cleared mine (open the app) and I bet without leaving work (fence) by the time I get ready to go home I’ll have 10 or more notifications showing on that app. I think or the point was we shouldn’t be seeing anything until we leave and cross a fence right? Does this mean we have false exits?

NO … you get notifications when ever the app wakes up …

i.e. WIFI status changed, User gets off the phone, Location services change, Fence transition, …

All of these events start rapid update.