"The Home Remote" dashboard app demo video

As I said, it’s XAML, so the container matters.

Wrap Panel | The Home Remote
Stack Panel | The Home Remote
Grid View | The Home Remote
Canvas | The Home Remote

I’ve started using XAML 15 years ago and the containers are the most tricky thing to master for a developer :slight_smile:

WrapPanel is probably the best option, just change Orientation to Vertical or Horizontal to change items’ distribution.

The question asked was regarding Group Pages and tile positions.

Group pages are auto generated by the system.

The links you have just posted are for view elements used when creating your own pages in Home Remote.

So I think the answer for Group pages will be different.

1 Like

The format of “lasttrip” cannot currently be changed.

OK. You say currently, so it might change in the nesr future?
And what about the tiles in agroup, can vertical alignment be changed to top in stead of center?

What’s your preferred format for this field?
What format do other apps use?
Do they give you the ability to customize the format?

Use the HorizontalContentAlignment & VerticalContentAlignment properties on the DeviceBrowser control to update the tile arrangment. A VerticalContentAlignment of Top will shift the tiles to the top in your Group.

My Device Browser Tutorial under John’s Videos covers alignment of tiles plus some other helpful tips on customization of tiles.

Preferred is all tiles at the top and starting from left. My question was meant for the standard group collections and groups that are made when you added devices (as in my case several Vera controllers and a Fibaro Home Center.
I know you can make your one pages with custom made tiles and using the DeviceBrowser. Maybe I will do that later on.
Don’t get me wrong: Home Remote is a fantastic app. My standard app was Imperihome and there you can choose for different page formats (with a lot of smaller tiles or big tiles or combinations).

It would be nice if you could tweak the display of these standard groups but it is not a big deal.

@cw-kid @bill_v I have added 4 devices to one of my Vera controllers. I performed a “synchronize devices” on this controller in The Home Remote but these devices don’t show up. I have repeated it at least 4 times. What goes wrong here ?

I only have one Vera Plus connected to Home Remote and that syncs and adds new devices and scenes OK.

I’d have to add my Vera Edge also to test it

Seems to work OK for me initially at least when first adding. I created a new blank project and added a Vera object and it has both my Vera Edge and Vera Plus hubs with devices and scenes present from both.

It also added objects for my Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Atom serial numbers. But obviously these don’t work and show any devices or scenes.

Maybe something is not working. I just added a virtual device on to my Vera Edge hub, a binary light device.

When I right click the Vera Edge hub object in the Home Remote designer and sync, the new device does not appear.

In my production project, I deleted the Vera Edge hub object only leaving my Vera Plus hub object, so I haven’t see this issue before.

As I said my single Vera Plus hub object in the designer works and syncs and updates OK.

it is certainly possible to replicate imperihome formats utilizing Device browsers. It is also possible to have different tile sizes within one Device Browsers.

Initially Home Remote automatically added all my Vera controllers with all their devices and scenes. And indeed also my EzloPlus was found but with no devices at all.
The issue I have is that I added 4 new devices to my Master production Vera and when I perform synchronize devices on this Vera controller the new devices are not added

Yes I know, I also saw your video tutorials, very helpful! I’m now still in the process of adding all my devices and tweaking templates

@Mai_Pensato

Scratch that.

I just reloaded the LUUP Engine on the Vera Edge and now my new “Test Bulb” device has appeared in the Home Remote designer after selecting to Sync devices on that hub.

So I’d say its working OK.

If you are using the IP you may need to switch to login credentials temporarily for the sync.

sorry how do I do that ?

I am using my Vera accounts username and password to connect. The “Hostname” field is blank and empty.

For me the same

Under Properties for the vera device add your credentials.Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 1.53.14 PM