Plugin upgrading status?

Has there been any improvements with the ability to upgrade plugins with EZLogic? Looking at the “Edge Plugins” section of EZLogic for my controllers, I see a couple of plugins with an “upgrade” symbol next to them, but clicking that (and upgrade and confirm) results in a “Failed to download custom plugin” error, and the new version being installed next to the old, with the created devices still on the old version.

Is this something I am doing wrong, something wrong with my controller, or just the current state of affairs with updating plugins?

Hello ibrewster,

Based on the context provided, it seems like there might be a few reasons why you’re encountering issues with upgrading plugins on your EZLogic controller. Here are a few possibilities:

1. If you’re trying to upgrade a plugin while it’s in the process of installation, this could cause an error. As mentioned in the context from the Repeated install breaks deployment system thread, clicking the install button multiple times during installation can lead to failed attempts and error messages.

2. There might be an issue with the plugin itself. In the context from the Unable to Upload or Install a plugin thread, users reported errors when trying to upload or install certain plugins. This could be due to compatibility issues or errors in the plugin’s code.

3. There might be an issue with the controller itself. As mentioned in the Unable to install WiFi device generator plugin thread, some users have reported issues with installing plugins on their controllers.

Without more specific information about your controller and the plugins you’re trying to upgrade, it’s difficult to provide a more precise answer. However, these are some potential reasons based on the context provided, If you’re still having trouble, it might be helpful to look at the specific error messages or issues you’re encountering. This could provide more insight into what’s going wrong, please send us a request at support@ezlo.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Based on your response, it seems that of the three options I offered, the only one that could apply is “something wrong with my controller”, as you didn’t give any indication that I was doing something wrong, and the implication of your message is that upgrading should be working at this point.

As such, I have gone ahead and e-mailed support as suggested. Thank you for your response.

So as it turned out, after contacting support, both plugins were at fault here. Go figure :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings, @ibrewster

Right! Sorry for the misunderstanding, but there might be an issue with the plugins themselves, but usually a plugin update should look like this:

We’ll do our best in order to get the plugins running as fast as w can.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have the same problem, I can’t update, the error appears. They have to check very carefully when they make updates because they generate these types of errors that cause inconvenience. Today I had to show a demo to our distributors in Mexico, the plugin was working correctly on Friday of last week. QA must thoroughly review the entire website before updating, reviewing the plugins with all their different functionalities because they generate these inconveniences and it is not the first time that these cases happen in which there are updates and errors arise in the plugins, etc.

This is very worrying, because it is up to us every time there is an update to immediately check that everything is working normally and that no change has been generated that produces an error. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

screen-recorder-mon-nov-27-2023-09-46-14

@ibrewster @JoseC
Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the last Ezlogic update. Our QAs had verified every change we made in Ezlogic. However, there might be some issues related to specific plugins.
We are getting more details on the issue you reported and trying to fix it as soon as possible.

2 Likes