Plugin: Multi Provider Weather Station

OK that does say version 1.1 in there.

Rene I was already on version 1.1 I think. As Iā€™ve just checked my other Vera hub and that is on 1.1 already.

I updated both hubs at the same time last week with the new files from Github.

What did you put for Station Name if anything? Iā€™ve put my API-key in Provider Key as you noted (good catch.)

Hi @gwp1

Assuming you chosen Wunderground as the provider it would be the station name of your own weather station, or of one close by. The current weather is retrieved from the station you specify.

Cheers Rene

You would think, wouldnā€™t you? But is it asking for the ID or the Name (or both)? If you look on the WU page for my weather station youā€™ll see both of those fields combined into what they display.

Interesting. I tried:

ID , result ā€œno dataā€
Display name, result ā€œbad data provider 2ā€
Back to ID (third time, btw) and now I have data

So the answer to the question for WU setup is:
Provider Key = API key
Station name = ID

1 Like

Hi, I do not have wunderground my self so I just used what the API documentation says and there it is referred to as station name. But, i can change it for a next release.

Cheers Rene

WU isnā€™t too clear in their docs in some places lol Itā€™s not you, itā€™s them.

1 Like

Do any of these services return current solar radiation? I have used this value in the past to adjust interior light levels.
Thanks.

Hi @GenMac,

It is not included at this moment and none of the online APIā€™s seem to have it. I do see that a personal weather station (PWS) for WunderGroud can have the value. Do you have your own PWS?

What I use is sunset + cloud cover from openWeather. Not as accurate, but in my case close enough.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene,
I use to be able to get from I think openWeather but they must have changed several months ago when the SiteSensor quit working.
I donā€™t have a PWS, maybe something I should look at.
Tom

Hi GenMac,

Maybe they did as they released a separate Radiation API some time ago at a whopping USD 900 a month :astonished: (Pricing - OpenWeatherMap)

Cheers Rene

Wow, one could buy a lot of PWSs for that.

Hi @reneboer,

Is it possible to have two instances of the plugin running in openluup/AltUI? I would like to use two webservices if possible.

Thnx.

Hi @RHCPNG

Yes you can. Just install it twice.

@reneboer Thatā€™s great, thanks!

Hi Rene,

I have tried to install the plugin for a second time in the AltUI plugin store, but then the plugin is updated instead of installing a second instance. Is this not the way to go?

Hi,
You have to manually create a new device. Ad D file enter D_MsWeather.xml and as I file I_MsWeather.xml.

Thanks Rene, this worked perfectly!

Are you aware of conflicts with Reactor? When I installed MWS it broke Reactor. Uninstalling MWS restored Reactor to health.