Plugin: Multi Provider Weather Station

Thanks for your reply. I have now changed the forecast setting to “no forecast”. Humidity is working perfectly (tracking my personal weather station) but all values except humidity (e.g. temp, dewpoint and windspeed) show up in the html string returned by weather underground but are reporting as zeros by the app. Is this related to metric_si issue that you mentioned (e.g. in converting from metric_si units to imperial units)?

FYI, on the control page for MS Weather app my VeraPlus is reporting:
No data
Last update: 30 Mar, 14:25
Apparent temperature :
Wind Speed :
Wind gust speed :
Wind Bearing :
Conditions :
Plugin Version :1.0

~Bruce

Hi, I put a pre-release of version 1.1 on github for a manual install. GitHub - reneboer/MultiStationWeather: Vera and openLuup plugin to get weather data from your favorite Weather Station

Most of the above are addressed. Let me know if you find other issues.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

How are you translating Precipitation values ?

In the SDATA for this device I am seeing “light” = 0

{ "name": "MSW-Precipitation", "altid": "MSWR709", "id": 712, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "0", "configured": "0" }, 

So that is what I am seeing in the Home Remote dashboard app also.

Was there a table somewhere that says what numbers equals which text description?

EDIT: Or can “CurrentLevel” variable be populated with the text ?

EDIT 2: The Air Quality device is outputting its text value to the SDATA OK.

light = “Fair”

{ "name": "MSW-Air Quality", "altid": "MSWQ709", "id": 718, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "Fair", 

So its correct in the Home Remote app

“Fair” is in CurrentLevel variable which is why its working OK for this Air Quality device.

So ideally I need the Precipitation device to behave the same way.

Thanks

The new Visibility device is working OK.

Vera:

Home Remote:

Please add this state variable to the S_MsWeather.xml file.

<stateVariable sendEvents="yes"><name>CurrentWindGust</name>
			<dataType>float</dataType>
			<shortCode>CurrentWindGust</shortCode>
		</stateVariable>

TodayWindGust and TomorrowWindGust don’t output to the SDATA even if I change their sendEvents=“yes”. So maybe they have no data.

There maybe some others missing state variables from the SDATA output, as I am adding new items onto tiles in Home Remote app, I may discover some more.

Thanks.

Hi @cw-kid,

I found an error with the Precipitation child device that I will fix.
For some odd reason CurrentLevel has a shortcode of light for a generic sensor. No idea why Vera made that choice, but it is not something I can change. It cannot be put in one CurrentLevel value as it uses two lines of text. I will try if using an other service file will change this.

The WindGust will be added. For openWeather there is indeed no forecast for the wind gust. Only speed and degrees.

Cheers Rene

Yes I am aware of this already from using Home Remote app and viewing the Vera SDATA output stream for some of these types of devices.

If it can’t be done on the Precipitation child device, it’s not the end of the world as I can instead pull the “CurrentPrecipType” from the parent device instead.

Hi @cw-kid,

Just put a new version on github that no longer uses the GenericSensor as basis. You will have to recreate the child devices. Note there is an extra file to upload now (S_MsWeatherMetric.xml)

Cheers Rene

So what device type are the child devices now based on?

I will try this new build on my lab Vera Edge first.

I updated the plugin files on my Vera Edge, but before I did that in the Weather plugin settings I unselected all the devices apart from the Temperature one.

All the child devices were then removed from the GUI. I then uploaded the new files and after the LUUP engine reload, I selected again all the child devices and they were recreated with new Device ID numbers.

The device type hasn’t changed, before and after are the same:

device_type = urn:schemas-rboer-com:device:WeatherMetric:1
device_file = D_MsWeatherMetric.xml
device_json = D_MsWeatherMetric.json

Looking at the Precipitation device “CurrentLevel” is still 0

SDATA output - “light” has now gone but “CurrentLevel” is there instead.

{ "name": "MSW-Precipitation", "altid": "MSWR119", "id": 151, "category": 25, "subcategory": 0, "room": 2, "parent": 119, "CurrentLevel": "0", "DisplayLine1": "No Precipitation expected", "configured": "0" },

However I can now see this in the SDATA, which Home Remote should be able to see if I add “DisplayLine1” as an attribute on to the device.

"DisplayLine1": "No Precipitation expected"

Also I have two DisplayLine1 variables which doesn’t look right?

The other devices are the same they have duplicated values in multiple variables now. The service ID’s are different however:

Which is the current ServiceID ? And how to remove the old ones ?

EDIT:

Looking on my production Vera Plus those child devices are using this service ID:

urn:upnp-org:serviceId:altui1

So I guess this is the old service ID and that the other service ID is the new one:

urn:upnp-rboer-com:serviceId:WeatherMetric1

Hi @cw-kid,

It is intentional to have two Displaylines. One is so it will show in ALTUI, the other is so it will be in SDATA.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

OK that makes sense now.

OK I’ve updated the plugin files on my production Vera Plus that is linked to the Home Remote dashboard app.

I just uploaded the files, I did not first remove the child devices this time nor did I have to do that, for the new changes to the variables to happen.

This is what I am seeing in the SDATA for each device now. Most devices are still outputting “light” I was worried I would lose that altogether and it would break everything in Home Remote designer but it has not.

Multi Weather Station (Parent) →

{ "name": "Multi Weather Statio", "altid": "", "id": 709, "category": 25, "subcategory": -1, "room": 9, "parent": 0, "ProviderName": "OpenWeather", "CurrentPrecipType": "None", "CurrentSunrise": "1617341766", "CurrentPressure": "1032", "CurrentPrecipIntensity": "0", "CurrentuvIndex": "1.67", "Icon": "28", "CurrentConditions": "broken clouds", "CurrentWindBearing": "10", "CurrentVisibility": "10", "CurrentCloudCover": "75", "CurrentOzone": "91.55", "CurrentAirQuality": "Fair", "CurrentNO2": "2.53", "CurrentPM25": "0.93", "CurrentNO": "0.19", "CurrentPM10": "1.9", "CurrentCO": "214", "CurrentSO2": "1.33", "CurrentNH3": "2", "TodayPrecipIntensity": "0", "TodayHumidity": "59", "TodayMinTemp": "-0.2", "TodayConditions": "clear sky", "TodayWindBearing": "14", "TodayCloudCover": "8", "TodayLowTemp": "2.4", "TodayPrecipProbability": "0", "TodayIcon": "32", "TodayPrecipType": "None", "TodayPressure": "1033", "TodayDewPoint": "1.7", "TodayWindSpeed": "5.6", "TodayHighTemp": "9.1", "TodaySunset": "1617388976", "TodaySunrise": "1617341766", "TomorrowSunset": "1617475488", "TomorrowSunrise": "1617428019", "TomorrowMinTemp": "1.2", "TomorrowConditions": "scattered clouds", "TomorrowWindBearing": "12", "TomorrowCloudCover": "34", "TomorrowLowTemp": "5.3", "TomorrowPrecipProbability": "0", "TomorrowIcon": "30", "TomorrowPressure": "1035", "TomorrowDewPoint": "0.9", "TomorrowWindSpeed": "3.7", "TomorrowHighTemp": "9.7", "TomorrowuvIndex": "3.57", "CurrentWindGust": "8.8", "TomorrowPrecipType": "None", "CurrentSunset": "1617388976", "TodayuvIndex": "3.24", "TomorrowMaxTemp": "11.5", "TomorrowPrecipIntensity": "0", "TomorrowHumidity": "53", "commFailure": "0", "configured": "0", "CurrentApparentTemperature": "6.6", "CurrentHumidity": "66", "CurrentDewPoint": "3.3", "CurrentWindSpeed": "5.1", "CurrentTemperature": "9.3", "LastUpdate": "1617376625", "TodayMaxTemp": "9.3" }

MSW-Apparent Temp →

{ "name": "MSW-Apparent Temp", "altid": "MSWA709", "id": 710, "category": 17, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "configured": "0", "temperature": "6.6", "DisplayLine1": "6.6" }

MSW-Dewpoint →

{ "name": "MSW-Dewpoint", "altid": "MSWD709", "id": 714, "category": 17, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "configured": "0", "temperature": "3.3", "DisplayLine1": "3.3" }

MSW-Temperature →

{ "name": "MSW-Temperature", "altid": "MSWT709", "id": 720, "category": 17, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "configured": "0", "temperature": "9.3", "DisplayLine1": "9.3" }

MSW-Pressure →

{ "name": "MSW-Pressure", "altid": "MSWP709", "id": 711, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "1032", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "1032", "DisplayLine1": "1032" }

MSW-Precipitation →

{ "name": "MSW-Precipitation", "altid": "MSWR709", "id": 712, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "0", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "0", "DisplayLine1": "No Precipitation expected" }

MSW-Wind →

{ "name": "MSW-Wind", "altid": "MSWW709", "id": 715, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "6.2", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "5.1", "DisplayLine1": "Speed 5.1, Gust 8.8 ", "DisplayLine2": "Bearing 10 " }

MSW-Air Quality Values →

{ "name": "MSW-Air Quality valu", "altid": "MSWX709", "id": 717, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "214", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "214", "DisplayLine1": "CO 214, NO 0.19, NO2 2.53", "DisplayLine2": "NH3 1.33, SO2 2.00" }

MSW-Air Quality →

{ "name": "MSW-Air Quality", "altid": "MSWQ709", "id": 718, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "Fair", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "Fair", "DisplayLine1": "Air Qual. Ind. Fair", "DisplayLine2": "Fine part. 0.93, Coarse part. 1.90" }

MSW-Ozone →

{ "name": "MSW-Ozone", "altid": "MSWO709", "id": 719, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "91.55", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "91.55", "DisplayLine1": "91.55" }

MSW-Visibility →

{ "name": "MSW-Visibility", "altid": "MSWV709", "id": 727, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "10", "configured": "0", "CurrentLevel": "10", "DisplayLine1": "10" }

MSW-UV Index →

{ "name": "MSW-UV Index", "altid": "MSWU709", "id": 713, "category": 18, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "1.67", "configured": "0", "DisplayLine1": "1.67" }

MSW-Humidity →

{ "name": "MSW-Humidity", "altid": "MSWH709", "id": 716, "category": 16, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "configured": "0", "humidity": "66", "DisplayLine1": "66" }

The only device I have edited in Home Remote is the Precipitation one. I just added the attribute “DisplayLine1” and changed my label binding to “@Device.DisplayLine1

Tile

And this is the details page of this device:

@reneboer Rene

On the Wind device, any idea why “light” is showing a different value to “CurrentLevel” ?

They are both outputting the same Wind Speed value right ?

{ "name": "MSW-Wind", "altid": "MSWW709", "id": 715, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "6.2", "configured": "0", "DisplayLine2": "Bearing 260 ", "CurrentLevel": "6.7", "DisplayLine1": "Speed 6.7, Gust 8.8 " },

Hi @cw-kid,

Do you see this in the latest V1.1?

Cheers Rene

Don’t think so it says its still version 1.0 currently.

Can you install the V1.1 update from github? It may be in the Vera App market later this week, next Monday latest. It is waiting on approval.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Yes I will update the plugin files again from Github, I did do that the other week but as you suggest maybe I need to do it again now.

Just downloaded the .zip file and uploaded all the plugin files to my Vera Plus and it restarted the LUUP engine, however its still being reported as version 1.0 when you go in to Apps - My Apps and then select the Multi Weather Station plugin etc. I did hard refresh the browser also.

Hi cw-kid,
If you do a manual update, the app version in My Apps will indeed not change. You have to look at the plugin control panel.
Cheers Rene