Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Thanks for the reply’s guys.

Yes, I have done several refreshes(F5, CNTRL F5, Reload, and even Reboot) still no buttons.

Yes I have set the Use Remote Images to Yes, and reloaded, refreshed, Etc. This brings up something interesting That I haven’t tried. I didn’t move the 2.01 images to the special directories as Rene mentioned in the optional instructions. Maybe I will try this next.

I’m still not getting any buttons, no activity buttons, no device buttons. As you mentioned, if I go to settings, the activities are selected in the parents, and the commands are selected in the devices.

As I mentioned before I have this working in UI5 in my other house at version 1.6, however I only set up one Hub there, I have 3 at that location. I loaded this manually before the plugin was available.

I have two hubs here in DC, and by the time I loaded the plugin here, it was at 1.8.

I appreciate the suggestions, I’m willing to keep trying anything if someone feels it will help.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

John

OK, I loaded all the icon files to the specified directories. No Luck.

The two parents still show “configure the harmony activities…” and the devices still show “configure the device command buttons…”.

I’m running out of ideas… LOL

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Can you set the log level to Debug and look in the /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file? Either by loggin in your Vera or by using InfoViewer?

After you click teh Save Settings button for the Actions you should have something like this in the log (removed the time stapm data at the start of each line);

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 107 service: urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 action: UpdateButtons <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=107 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument dummy=1419416881587 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=UpdateButtons <0x2fc21680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Updating buttons for Harmony device 107 <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Button definitions found : 2 <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding button 1, label Uit <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding button 2, label Radio <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding event 1, label Uit <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding event 2, label Radio <0x2b1ea000>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Reload: luup.reload Critical 0 m_bCriticalOnly 0 dirty data 1 <0x2b1ea000>

luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony device #107 is initializing! <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Version is current : 2.0 <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Using Harmony Hub: IP address 192.168.178.31 <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony Hub Control: init_module completed <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony device #107 is starting up! <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: HTTPServer 0 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony_CreateChildren for device <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child devices to create : 21447853,21133487 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: GetConfig <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Sending command cmd=get_config <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CMD: returnvalue : 200, OK, {“activity”:[{“suggestedDisplay”:“Default”,“label” <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Devices found : 5 LEAK this:278528 start:2404352 to 0x1aea000 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CreateChildren: Device files for 21447853 exist. LEAK this:8192 start:2412544 to 0x1aec000 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child device id HAM107_21447853 (HRM: Tv Philips), number 21447853 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CreateChildren: Device files for 21133487 exist. <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child device id HAM107_21133487 (HRM: Thuisbioscoop), number 21133487 <0x2e49b680>

Can you let me know what you have?

Cheers Rene

This plugin is phenomenal! Thank you so much for it. The only hurdle I have is remote application support. I use AuthomationHD and it does not support the plugin yet. But as a workaround I use the MultiSwitch plugin and PLEG so I can control the activities via AuthomationHD. I’m still working on the status updates though.

This is great! When will 2.0+ be in the store officially?
I have Veras at 3 family members’s houses :0 i would rather wait

Merry Christmas! Thanks so much!

Rene,

I’m away for the Christmas Holidays, I’ll have to check when I get back to DC.

Thanks for the reply,

John

Rene,

Hopefully I found the right lines…

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Code=luup.variable_set(“urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1”,“ActivityID7”,“-1”,102) <0x30951680>
Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 102 service: urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 variable: e[35;1mActivityID7e[0m was: EMPTY now: -1 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x30951680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 102 service: urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 action: e[36;1mUpdateButtonse[0m <0x30951680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=102 <0x30951680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 <0x30951680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument dummy=1419889060463 <0x30951680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=UpdateButtons <0x30951680>
e[31;1mLuaInterface::CallFunction_Job device 102 function SHarmony_Harmony1_UpdateButtons_job failed [string “-- Module L_Harmony1.lua…”]:867: attempt to call field ‘reload’ (a nil value)e[0m <0x2b1b0000>
e[31;1mLua_Job::Run job#53 :XB? dev:102 (0xbff818) P:50 S:0 failede[0m <0x2b1b0000>
<0x2b1b0000>
e[33;1mJobHandler::PurgeCompletedJobs purge job#53 :XB? dev:102 (0xbff818) P:50 S:2 XB? status 2e[0m <0x2b1b0000>

Rene,

I found out what was wrong. I definitely feel stupid. I didn’t maintain the labels on the buttons. Once I did this on both activities and device commands the buttons showed up.

I had assumed (my father always said never assume, because you make an ASS out of U and ME) that if I left them blank, they would default to the ID descriptions from the Harmony. Bad assumption.

You may want to add an edit if the labels are left blank, but that’s up to you. I would suggest that if they are left blank, use the values from the Harmony. This would require a lot less initial setup especially if you have lots of devices with lots of commands each. If a value is keyed in the label field, override the Harmony value. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, it was definitely what we usually refer to at work as an “ID 10 T” error (Idiot ;D)

Thanks for all the help. Seems to be working fine with both hubs now. I’ll update my other house soon, that one has three hubs. Should be a good test for the multiple hub fix.

Regards,

John

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - I have added the app to my Vera and been playing around with it for the past few hours in conjunction with my new Harmony Home Hub. I’ve read the app documentation and this thread but it is not clear to me: can you use this app to hit a physical button on my harmony home remote and trigger the Vera to turn a light on? If so can someone be so kind as to walk me though it? I’m on UI7.

I have created children and can get the Vera to trigger the hub but I want to get my remote to trigger the Vera. I’ve tried to create scenes to watch for hub activities and buttons but no luck?

Thanks in advance

Any chance that this plugin can be made to work with the Harmony Link? It looks like the Harmony Home Hub, but I guess it is different.

I tried it with the plugin and I get an error:
Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_current_activity_id to Harmony Hub - errorcode=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response

The plugin appears to make a successful link using the email and password, but the list of activities and devices is not coming up.

Hi John,

Thanks for the log. I now see what i was missing for UI5. UI5 does not support the luup.reload function, and when i look at the wiki it does say that ::). But if you do not know what you are looking for, you will not realize what you are looking at :wink:

For the empty descriptions, using the defaults is a good suggestion, but not as simple as it looks to me so I have to think about that.

I also found some issues when using IE as browser and fixing those.

I think in a week I’ll have a new version for you.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“kyb2012, post:50, topic:184450”]Any chance that this plugin can be made to work with the Harmony Link? It looks like the Harmony Home Hub, but I guess it is different.

I tried it with the plugin and I get an error:
Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_current_activity_id to Harmony Hub - errorcode=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response

The plugin appears to make a successful link using the email and password, but the list of activities and devices is not coming up.[/quote]
The Link may have a different protocol then the newer Hub devices. I do not have a Link and it is not for sale here so i cannot make it work with that, sorry.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“CucK, post:49, topic:184450”]Forgive me if this is a stupid question - I have added the app to my Vera and been playing around with it for the past few hours in conjunction with my new Harmony Home Hub. I’ve read the app documentation and this thread but it is not clear to me: can you use this app to hit a physical button on my harmony home remote and trigger the Vera to turn a light on? If so can someone be so kind as to walk me though it? I’m on UI7.

I have created children and can get the Vera to trigger the hub but I want to get my remote to trigger the Vera. I’ve tried to create scenes to watch for hub activities and buttons but no luck?

Thanks in advance[/quote]
You can have the Vera detect the activity you select on your remote by setting the Polling Interval. The Harmony does not report anything else (button click for a device) so you cannot trigger any actions like that on your Vera. To control your Vera via IR you will have to add an IR receiver. Several form topics on thta exists.

Cheers Rene

Excellent- thanks Rene - set the polling and it works on an activity! Great plug-in - many thanks

CucK

Hi,

I have made version 2.02 availble on the first page of this topic. Fixes and enhancements are listed there. The user guide is availble via a link as I cannot upload it tho the forum at the moment.

Cheers Rene.

Rene,

Thanks for the reply. I love this app, been playing with triggers all day because I have some time off. Looking forward to update to this version when I go back to my other house tomorrow. Thanks again for all your efforts with this.

Regards,

John

Hi Rene,

When upgrade to 2.02 it keep the child, but have to assign labels to buttons.
Just for feedback.

[quote=“maguerrero, post:57, topic:184450”]Hi Rene,

When upgrade to 2.02 it keep the child, but have to assign labels to buttons.
Just for feedback.[/quote]

I see same.

Is the version available in the MiOS apps market the most recent 2.02? it is showing:

Updated:
2014-12-04 04:02:46
Current Version:

Thanks
CucK

No, once it says 2.02 then it will be the most current. The only way to update to 2.02 is to manually load the files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk