Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Please see the Version log post[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36437.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36437.0.html[/url] for latest release details.

Cheers Rene

I was going to write this myself! Thank you, can’t wait to try it out!!

Any way to get granular at the device level? For example the “OFF” of my projector as a trigger?

Hi paulmon,

You mean fire a trigger when that button is clicked or action is send, yes that is possible. You must create create a child device with the OFF button for your projector device. You do this by selecting the device in the multi selector “Devices to Control” on the Devices tab.

Cheers Rene

Nope, the Harmony doesn’t track what state the device is at (well, it does in the case of “activities” for turning things on and off, but it doesn’t report that anywhere).

Is there a log for the plugin - to record all commands are sent by the remote? This would be nice for troubleshooting, figuring out sequences, etc.

THANK YOU for making this. I have a hub on one of my TVs and this will prompt me to get another one for my media room to add more automation.

Hi Aaron,

No, it only writes to the standard LUUP log file. If you need detailed logging you can set the debug flag in the .lua file.

I can look at adding syslog and a debug flag in the settings if that would help?

Cheers Rene.

reneboer,
yes, thank you… having a separate log without any other clutter, is ideal.

I just discovered this and it is awesome! One question though - is there any way to integrate this with Tasker on an Android phone/tablet? I normally use AuthomationHD but it doesn’t seem to support this (I also emailed the author to ask him) as the devices show up but none of the buttons associated with them.

Hi, It would be up to AutomationHD to add support for this as far as I know. One way the use it would be by creating scenes on your Vera and run those as needed.

Cheers Rene

Hi, It would be up to AutomationHD to add support for this as far as I know. One way the use it would be by creating scenes on your Vera and run those as needed.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Yeah I had thought of that too, but it would be kind of tedious creating a scene just to turn something on and another to turn it off. So there aren’t any known apps supporting this through Tasker then?

I use Tasker but I see no need/reason to use Tasker for controlling your A/V equipment - maybe I can learn something?

My usage, and thought process…
Tasker is best at automating phone tasks & sending info to external systems (like Vera - using Authomation)
Vera is far more robust, and clearly better, at controlling the home (lighting, A/V, etc)

Things I use Tasker for:
notifications to Vera when we are in proximity of a location (home, gym, etc) or leaving that location
NFC notifications to Vera

Why do you need Tasker for Harmony?

[list][quote=“Aaron, post:12, topic:184450”]I use Tasker but I see no need/reason to use Tasker for controlling your A/V equipment - maybe I can learn something?

Tasker is best at automating phone tasks & sending info to external systems (like Vera - using Authomation)
Vera is far more robust, and clearly better, at controlling the home (lighting, A/V, etc)

Things I use Tasker for:
notifications to Vera when we are in proximity of a location (home, gym, etc) or leaving that location

Why do you need Tasker for Harmony?[/quote]

Well I have a few reasons:
-my lights in that room are IR controlled (bought them before I invested in Z-wave)
-I have 2 TVs in that room and normally I have the smaller one off, but I want to be able to control it using Z-wave.
-I want to be able to use “Ok Google” to do things like switch activities. For instance, if I am watching TV, I’d like to be able to say “Ok google, watch Chromecast on big TV” and have that trigger an activity change (which I will be able to do if I set up scenes that support activities).

Let me know if that helps make more sense of it. I also just like being able to control everything from a central location too, rather than bumbling through a number of apps.

[ul][li][/li]
[li][/li][/ul]

[quote=“tp546, post:13, topic:184450”][ul][quote=“Aaron, post:12, topic:184450”]I use Tasker but I see no need/reason to use Tasker for controlling your A/V equipment - maybe I can learn something?

Things I use Tasker for:

-my lights in that room are IR controlled (bought them before I invested in Z-wave)
-I have 2 TVs in that room and normally I have the smaller one off, but I want to be able to control it using Z-wave.
-I want to be able to use “Ok Google” to do things like switch activities. For instance, if I am watching TV, I’d like to be able to say “Ok google, watch Chromecast on big TV” and have that trigger an activity change (which I will be able to do if I set up scenes that support activities).

Let me know if that helps make more sense of it. I also just like being able to control everything from a central location too, rather than bumbling through a number of apps.
[list][li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list][/quote]

Tasker far from the best way and not the easiest way (it is a hack), to solve your issues.

Replace the ir switch with zwave ($15-25), and install Authomation (free)… then you get everything you need, plus more flexibility (full Vera control for REAL automation - not just phone based control), with less “hacking” and less effort.

just my opinion, do what you want but you are adding unnecessary complexity that no one else needs - or should even want IMO[/ul]

[quote=“Aaron, post:14, topic:184450”][quote=“tp546, post:13, topic:184450”][ul][quote=“Aaron, post:12, topic:184450”]I use Tasker but I see no need/reason to use Tasker for controlling your A/V equipment - maybe I can learn something?

Things I use Tasker for:

[list][li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list][/quote]

Tasker far from the best way and not the easiest way (it is a hack), to solve your issues.

Replace the ir switch with zwave ($15-25), and install Authomation (free)… then you get everything you need, plus more flexibility (full Vera control for REAL automation - not just phone based control), with less “hacking” and less effort.

just my opinion, do what you want but you are adding unnecessary complexity that no one else needs - or should even want IMO[/ul][/quote]

It’s actually a lot easier this way because my girlfriend can easily turn on the lights and adjust them with the remote. She’s not tech savvy so she doesn’t even involve herself with Z-wave. Plus, I don’t want to spend more money on a switch that is working just fine as is that I can control in much the same way (and more when you include my Harmony remote) than the Z-wave.

by chance is there a way to control 2 remotes ? i have one downstairs and one upstairs …

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Is there any way to get sequence commands from inside activities? (ie, a sequence of buttons)

[quote=“jlamphere, post:16, topic:184450”]by chance is there a way to control 2 remotes ? i have one downstairs and one upstairs …

Thanks in advance,
Jay[/quote]
Hi Jay,

You can create a second Harmony Hub Control device. If you look in the instructions on how to create the device manually, you can use that for the second Hub.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

Nope, the Hub does not report that over IP. You will only see that with harmony’s configuration program.

Cheers Rene.

So, thank goodness I have no hair … (id be pulling it out)
I am new to this, always been interested in doing home automation but hey we all start somewhere.
As I stated before I have 2 harmony remotes (both with hubs).
Per comment I tried to install it manually, but it seems to always picks up my other hub no matter what
ip I put into the box … my hubs are 192.168.1.11 192.168.1.12
I cannot seem to get them to both work, even after reading the pdf

Advice?
Thanks in advance
Jay