Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

just an update ,

I moved one of the remotes on to another email …
all works … odd yes…

so one email per remote?

Jay

Hi Jay,

The email address is currently not really used as the current Hub versions allow you to skip it, but you never know when Harmony will update their Hub software to make it required so I’d thought to put it in just incase.

So I do not know if you can only have one Hub per email, it does not sound right to me. Maybe the IP address of the second was not properly picked up the first time. The Vera can be slow to pickup changes in plug-in settings and sometimes you need a second reload and have a cup of coffee before you try the next think is my experience.

But glad you did get it to work.

Cheers Rene

I am having the multiple hub issues as well. I can get one or the other to function properly but not both of them at the same time. Whenever I save setting on either one it only gives me options for activities for the last saved setting on both. For instance I have 4 activities on one TV and 3 on the other. If I save the setting on the one with the 4, then both show those 4 activities with the associated devices for that TV. I have separate static IP address for each of my hubs and that is the only different piece of data in the setting tab. The 2 devices in vera seem to be talking to each other and updating each other’s available activities. Any idea’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mgsmith75,

I do not have two hubs, but I created a second Harmony device just to test and I indeed see issues. I have to dig into this one a bit as it seems in my approach when cleaning up some files that are generated on the fly. Give me a couple of days to figure this one out.

Cheers Rene.

Thank you for the plugin! I’m having an issue with lag. Sometimes it’s instant when I press an activity button and other times it takes up to 2 minutes for the button press to register. Is there any way to speed this up?

I thought i had taken care of my issue as well…
But i had not, seems i was to much in a rush for a simple fix.
I can not get 2 hubs to interact …
grr

The plugin “polls” the hub, so it depends when you press it and where it is in it’s polling cycle. For instance I have my polling set to 60 seconds. So it can take up a to a minute for the plugin to see that the activity has changed (not counting the time it takes to actually query the hub). I would not expect an instantaneous change in the plugin. If you are looking for instantaneous, I would get an extra computer, put an IR sensor on it, install evenGhost and have it make URL calls to the Vera when certain IR codes are received.

For my use though, having a little lag is perfect fine as I am only curious if the living room is in use when I hit my good night mode and if so, delay the turning off of those lights until 5 minutes after the current activity is off (-1).

Hi jlamphere,

Is your lag on starting an activity or sending a command to a device via the child devices? When you start an activity the plugin waits until the Hub reports it has completed that. Much like the remote does. Some activities can run long (mine to switch on the TV and digital receiver and switch to the right input is close to 50 seconds. I know old TV from 2008 ;D). As long at the activity is running, no other commands get send, but maybe the Vera keeps the clicks. I will need to test on that once the new version is ready to release.

The new version will fix the multiple Hub issue, or add support for it all depending on your view. It will also have syslog support. I will need about one more week to get it all done.

Cheers Rene.

Rene,

I’ve noticed some strange behavior. Periodically all my child devices end up in the “No Room” room and I have to reassign them. I have “create embedded devices” set to No. When I had it set to Yes, after each restart, the devices would always go back to the room that the main device is in.

Is there any way to have them always stay in the room I set them to?

Thanks,
Frank

[quote=“SirMeili, post:29, topic:184450”]Rene,

I’ve noticed some strange behavior. Periodically all my child devices end up in the “No Room” room and I have to reassign them. I have “create embedded devices” set to No. When I had it set to Yes, after each restart, the devices would always go back to the room that the main device is in.

Thanks,
Frank[/quote]

I guess it actually recreated the devices as my PLEG actions that had the device commands are now missing those commands. Is there a reason why the devices are periodically recreated?

[quote=“SirMeili, post:30, topic:184450”][quote=“SirMeili, post:29, topic:184450”]Rene,

Thanks,
Frank[/quote]

I guess it actually recreated the devices as my PLEG actions that had the device commands are now missing those commands. Is there a reason why the devices are periodically recreated?[/quote]

Hi Frank,

When they would realy be recreated I would think they should appear in the same room as the main device again when create embedded is Yes and if you look at all configured buttons in the Settings tab all your selections should show as empty. Are you making changes to settings when this happens, or not at all?

Cheers Rene

Honestly, Rene, I don’t remember if I made changes or not. I have create as embedded devices = “No” because if it is Yes, it keeps putting them in the same room as the main device. I noticed the other day they were in the “no room room” and I didn’t think about it. I went to run a PLEG status report today and it removed some devices…I then searched through it and saw that the Harmony devices (not the main jhub device) were missing from their actions. I use PLEG to set my kid’s Rokus to “Home” when I do the whole room shutdown. That way if they are watching something and we shut down the room, it will stop any streaming and return them home. Because of this, it is not really an action you would “see” take place.

I’ll try and keep track of what I do and don’t do and if it happens again, maybe I’ll be more aware of what could have caused it.

Update 2.0 - So far with version 2.0 I am experiencing the same issues as 1.8 with multiple hubs. When I add the first hub with 6 activities all was well, when I added the second hub with 3 activities, the activities list shows the 6 from the first hub and not just the 3 from the current hub I am trying to set up.

I am trying s series of reboot and browser refreshes to see if any changes but so far I am not getting it to work.

I take that back, I did get it working with some reboots and browser refreshes. The one confusing item is that when you move onto the next hub, the first hub’s activity mapping is not retained in the activities tab. It shows the button name but the activities shows none. However this does not mean it is not mapped because I did check and all 3 of my hubs did operate correctly. Thanks Rene!

I spend so much time trying the front end to work with multiple, I overlooked the backend. And as I only have one hub, I didn’t notice. It should work if you upload these.

Cheers Rene

Hi, I’, having trouble getting this installed. I originally had the plugin installed from the store(1.8). I deleted the plugin and devices. I also deleted all the harmony files WinSCP. I installed your latest files, including the fix2.01. I create the device as in the instructions. Reload, refresh etc. But when I go in the device, all the tabs just give me messages like" Opening hamSettings…" , Opening hamActivities…, with a status bar underneath. It never gets past this. I did try entering the IP, user and PW in the advanced tab, but still the same hold up.

Any help would be appreciated. My other vera is running your 1.6 version, manually installed, no issues.

John

Hi John,

Those messages suggest a syntax error in, or corrupted J_Harmony.js file. Before deleting the files, did you also uninstall the app from My Apps? When you do not the Vera will try downloading any files it finds missing, not sure if that is what happened.

It should not be needed to delete the device before the upgrade, it should work by just uploading the new new files. But if you want a clean install that should be working too.

I tested both scenarios (overwrite, clean install) on UI6 and UI7 and not having any issues.

Can you check if you did uninstall, and do that if you did not, and upload the files again?

Cheers Rene

Rene,

Thanks for the reply. I’m on UI5 BTW, in case that makes a difference. I reinstalled the plugin, and then uploaded all the 2.01 files. I am getting further than yesterday, the list of activities comes up for both hubs, I was able to select the activities. Also the devices now come up, and I can select those. The issue that remains, I get no buttons on the control devices (activities) (still see Configure t…) and no buttons on the devices. I’m just going to leave this alone for now, just incase it’s just taking longer than expected.

Regards,

John

[quote=“jprafter”]Rene,

Thanks for the reply. I’m on UI5 BTW, in case that makes a difference. I reinstalled the plugin, and then uploaded all the 2.01 files. I am getting further than yesterday, the list of activities comes up for both hubs, I was able to select the activities. Also the devices now come up, and I can select those. The issue that remains, I get no buttons on the control devices (activities) (still see Configure t…) and no buttons on the devices. I’m just going to leave this alone for now, just incase it’s just taking longer than expected.

Regards,

John[/quote]

Did you ctl F5 to refresh browser?

Hi,

In UI5 I have the same probem with the previous version, the reload will not happen automaticaly, another user found a way to force the reload and it might be the same issue here, and will be like that until we go for UI7.

here is the comment and fixed my issue:

I had the same issue. What eventually did it for me, and I don’t know why, is I changed the “Use remote images” setting in the main device to “Yes” and after (and a restart) that the buttons showed up in the child devices. Before that, I reloaded multiple times to no avail, however if I went to the “settings” tab for the child devices, they had the correct button mappings. It just wasn’t creating the buttons.

Areb65.