PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3

my 2cents… Vista Pnl can not jump between different Armed status without 1st going through a Disarm. Totaly normal.

It goes like that:
DISARMed → ARMed at some security level → DISARMed…

Keep in mind that Vista Pnl interfaces work by emulating what a physical keybpad can do.

Simply put: if the keypad can’t do it, the interface can’t do it either. Genuine panel contraint by design.

I have noticed that the detailed Arm Stat is not updating with the correct information. Has anyone else seen this?

Seems to be working fine for me. I’m using plugin v3.32 and EVL FW 01.11.135A (and Vista 20P chip rev 5.2). I turned off the plugin auto-update since things have been working well for me.

Mine seems to updating reliably and near-instantly. I just viewed the plugin itself (“Status: Ready,” “Not Ready,” etc.) and also reviewed the logs (via EventWatcher).

[quote=“ElGringoCurioso, post:61, topic:183436”]my 2cents… Vista Pnl can not jump between different Armed status without 1st going through a Disarm. Totaly normal.

It goes like that:
DISARMed → ARMed at some security level → DISARMed…

Keep in mind that Vista Pnl interfaces work by emulating what a physical keybpad can do.

Simply put: if the keypad can’t do it, the interface can’t do it either. Genuine panel constraint by design.[/quote]

Understood but I’m wondering if Cybrmage can programmatically get around it (put in the sequence logic) in the plugin?
… we could, of course, use a scene to sequence the logic but having it in the plugin is more eloquent - and more useful.

Cybrmage,
I’d also like to ask if you would add ARMED-INSTANT ?.. this is a MUST for automation purposes. With automated occupancy sensing, people will not be in the home… thus, sending AWAY mode command will not work as required - door sensor is never tripped so it puts it into STAY mode.

I found a post from a forum where a guy tested all the possible options…

[code]I figure this out… I could not find this in the manual, but, when you arm a Vista-20p using ARM-AWAY and do not open a door, it defaults to ARMED-STAY and when you ARM-MAXIMUM, and do not open a door, it defaults to ARMED-INSTANT.

Here are the results of my testing:

On a 6160 Alpha Keypad:

CODE+AWAY (open entry door)
display = “ARMED AWAY, You may exit now”
if you open a entry door, after exit delay the display changes to:
display = “ARMED AWAY, ** ALL SECURE **”

CODE+AWAY (do not open entry door)
display = “ARMED AWAY, You may exit now”
if you do not open a entry door, after exit delay the display changes to:
display = “ARMED STAY

CODE+STAY (open entry door)
display = “ARMED STAY, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED STAY

CODE+STAY (do not open entry door)
display = “ARMED STAY, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED STAY

CODE+INSTANT (open entry door)
display = “ARMED INSTANT, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED INSTANT

CODE+INSTANT (do not open entry door)
display = “ARMED INSTANT, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED INSTANT

CODE+MAXIMUM (open entry door)
display = “ARMED MAXIMUM, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED MAXIMUM, ** ALL SECURE **”

CODE+MAXIMUM (do not open entry door)
display = “ARMED MAXIMUM, You may exit now”
display = “ARMED INSTANT

Then, on a 6271v, if you go into the Night Setup and chose “Night”, then add interior motion detectors using *81 programming mode and program Zone List 5 (night stay zones) with the zones that contain your motion detectors.
[/code]

if you want to Arm AWAY or MAXIMUM without opening exit door… simple solution is to allow it in your Vista panel - Right now your testing show this function is not yet enabled in your current programation.

Because the Plugin interface works as if you were physically inside the premice, your panel goes into Stay mode since it is programmed for that function. Learn the panel: it’s a nice piece of robust logic.

[quote=“Aaron, post:56, topic:183436”]cybrmage,
Seeing an issue with “connection down” every few days and seems to not reconnect on its own. Today I had to force ‘reload’ in the Vera UI.

When the issue happens, I can reach and control the EVL3 directly and using the Eyezon internet site when this occurs - and of course the Vera is fine also. in the plugin, Panel Time seems to freeze on the last update… in the case today, it was at 2:01 AM. I don’t have any automation occur at this time so I’m not sure the time is relevant except that is has been 20 hours and it has not reconnected on its own.

Is the settings “CheckConnectionTimer” for an auto-retry / restart periodically when the connection is lost? It was 180 and I just changed to 30, but seems like that is not likely to help being 20 hours passing by did not help :slight_smile:

How can we troubleshoot this issue?

thanks[/quote]

Cybrmage?

I am running a Vera Edge and UI7, with a EVL3 panel hooked up to a Safewatch 3000EN. The envisalink works fine, and I can log into its webpage and control my panel

When I install this plugin for my vera, I set my password, and hit ‘autodetect’ for the IP address. It successfully autodetects, but then gives the error :

Cannot log into EVL3. WRONG PASSWORD OR ALREADY CONNECTED.

• I know my password is correct, and I have not recently logged into the envisalink HTTP interface.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? I try to hit ‘debug’ or whatever to get at the logs, but nothing happens.

PS, also if I manually set the IP, I get a ERROR : NO IMPLEMENTATION popup.

PPS, the EVL3 image for the plugin just displays a ‘cannot load’ icon. The URL it’s trying to pull the image from is https://apps.mios.com/plugins/icons/6436.png if that is helpful. It loads in my browser - maybe could be a HTTP vs HTTPs issue? (if you try to pull a https image on a page being displayed as http, it often times won’t render). This may be a vera thing.

[quote=“euclidnet, post:67, topic:183436”]I am running a Vera Edge and UI7, with a EVL3 panel hooked up to a Safewatch 3000EN. The envisalink works fine, and I can log into its webpage and control my panel

When I install this plugin for my vera, I set my password, and hit ‘autodetect’ for the IP address. It successfully autodetects, but then gives the error :

• I know my password is correct, and I have not recently logged into the envisalink HTTP interface.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? I try to hit ‘debug’ or whatever to get at the logs, but nothing happens.

PPS, the EVL3 image for the plugin just displays a ‘cannot load’ icon. The URL it’s trying to pull the image from is https://apps.mios.com/plugins/icons/6436.png if that is helpful. It loads in my browser - maybe could be a HTTP vs HTTPs issue? (if you try to pull a https image on a page being displayed as http, it often times won’t render). This may be a vera thing.[/quote]

Debug just enables logging. You’ll have to open the Vera logs to see anything. http://veraIP:3480/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

[quote=“joey52685, post:68, topic:183436”][quote=“euclidnet, post:67, topic:183436”]I am running a Vera Edge and UI7, with a EVL3 panel hooked up to a Safewatch 3000EN. The envisalink works fine, and I can log into its webpage and control my panel

PPS, the EVL3 image for the plugin just displays a ‘cannot load’ icon. The URL it’s trying to pull the image from is https://apps.mios.com/plugins/icons/6436.png if that is helpful. It loads in my browser - maybe could be a HTTP vs HTTPs issue? (if you try to pull a https image on a page being displayed as http, it often times won’t render). This may be a vera thing.[/quote]

Debug just enables logging. You’ll have to open the Vera logs to see anything. http://veraIP:3480/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I’m trying to get data at that logging URL, but I just get an error page that says :

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I checked my Vera->settings->logs, and all the options look enabled…

Bump
Is there any way to send an exit delay restart (*)? This can be done from the EyesOn login but I don’t see a way using the local Envisalink access or this plugin.

This plugin works great for me. Is there a way to add INSTANT-arm to a manual scene? I would like to be able to turn off some lights and arm the house before bed. Right now I can arm it for Instant through the plugin, but not through the plugin’s scene settings. Thanks again!

How are you enabling Instant ARM?
Btw, I’ve tried contacting the plugin dev, cybrmage, and he has ignored all thread questions and PMs. He is still active on the board but for some unknown reason ignoring us.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OK I got it working by enabling logging and watching the code as I ran the Instant arm request. Its flag is called “StayInstant”

I am using UI7, so this might be different for others. But should start by creating your scene with any other ARM request. IE: ARM-STAY.

Then under advanced options you will see the “advanced editor” option. From there you want it set the Alarm device activity to: “RequestArmMode” and State: “StayInstant” PINCode: “YourPIN”

Hope this helps.

[quote=“2tonesp, post:73, topic:183436”]OK I got it working by enabling logging and watching the code as I ran the Instant arm request. Its flag is called “StayInstant”

I am using UI7, so this might be different for others. But should start by creating your scene with any other ARM request. IE: ARM-STAY.

Then under advanced options you will see the “advanced editor” option. From there you want it set the Alarm device activity to: “RequestArmMode” and State: “StayInstant” PINCode: “YourPIN”

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Nice find!

btw, I have constant problems with this plugin ‘disconnecting’. The Vera status window (top of web page) shows… “EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection down.”

When I get this, I never have an actual issue as I can always connect directly to the EVL3’s web page.
Have you had this issue?

I’d like to find a way for a script/scene to detect this and reset the connection. The same issue occurs with the ISY and we have a Scene with LUUP that handles it perfectly.

Thankfully I’m not having that problem. Maybe your router or something is causing intermittent connection issues to the EVL3? Does it auto-reconnect on reboot? Maybe a scene with a LUUP command to reboot your vera every day would ensure it stays connected most of the time.

I’m new! I mean, REALLY new, got my Vera Edge yesterday. My Vera is properly installed and I have a dashboard. I have not yet connected my few lights and locks to it! I wanted to do my alarm system (Ademco Vista 15P) first. I have the EnvisaLink 3 connected, and am able to “see” the Envisalink by its IP, and on Envisalink’s website.

I installed the Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3 Plugin, did the install, and it all connected.

When I click the “read panel” button, I get a message up top that says: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: Panel Busy

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I know my password, installer code, and IP are correct.

UPDATED:

I spent the day installing a light dimmer switch (victory!) and a pricey ceiling fan control wall switch (victory!) and two Schlage motorized touchpad locks (Victory, and Victory after two tries!).

Now I noticed that there’s a new message in blue up top: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection Down.

I went to the IP address and it seems to be working fine, I got my alarm panel status and even when two of my zones (doors) were last activated.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I got:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Configuration Failed: No zones defined.

So I went to the plugin and clicked the button: “Read Panel” and got this message:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Attempting to get zone data…

And then after a few minutes we’re back to: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection Down

I tried clicking the “Read Panel” button again and get: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: PANEL BUSY. which goes away when I scroll or go back to dashboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v3.37 was just approved… This version should solve that issue… It appears that the EVL3 is occasionally sending some funky data that was causing the LuaUPnP process to error out and abort the plugin. I have made some quick changes that should prevent the error from occuring.

Note to all: Since mid November I have been dealing with several major issue at work, a new job (with the same company) and a long distance change of domicile. This has left me with very little spare time, only occasional and very brief internet access, and no access to a functioning Vera system to do any development. This will continue until I am settled into the new home and job, and I can install all my toys. The plugin has not been abandoned.

[quote=“Aaron, post:58, topic:183436”][quote=“daerimin, post:57, topic:183436”]Greetings all,

Is anyone else noticing that the plugin doesn’t seem to recognize fully when the panel is armed in “Away” mode? The virtual buttons on device in the UI (partition 1) change between Disarmed, Stay, and Night-Stay - but Away buttons never seems to highlight, even though the Status: readout above the buttons DOES show “Away.”

Any ideas?

Thanks!![/quote]

I did test this and my Vera shows Away mode correctly[/quote]

Greetings,

I am still experiencing this problem. I’ve even tried to go through the code but I don’t know enough about this language to be effective. I’m using a Vista 15P alarm with an EVL3 with 01.11.136A firmware. I’ve removed the app and reinstalled, rebooted, etc - everything I can think of. Would it help if I supplied debug log data? I can’t get any events to trigger because the system never recognizes “Away” mode. The other modes work, but not this one.

Thanks so much in advance!

There was a posting some time ago that you have to open one contact e.g. door when you arm the system otherwise the system always goes into “stay” mode. Without triggering the door contact the system will never switch to “away mode”. You might want to search this forum for that thread.

Thank you for your reply - although I’m not sure this is my issue. This never was a problem before some upgrades made back in Oct or Nov of 2014. Let me clarify the issue a bit - just in case:

I’m using UI7 of my Vera 3 - when I go to Devices, I see the Panel, and the Partition, just like I’m supposed to. Without clicking into the detail screen of the partition, I see the following in the device’s box:

EVL3 Partition 1
[Away][Stay][Night-Stay][Disarm]

I can click any of the 4 button and the alarm will respond by arming or disarming correctly. The text label [whatever] will change to show the correct mode. The problem is that the “Away” button never highlights (the others all do), and also no events are triggered on Away - therefore I cannot create any scenes that run when the alarm arms “Away.” I know the alarm is in the proper mode, because all the physical panels show it, the voice announces it properly, and the status changes in the plugin’s display - just don’t seem to have the event firing.

The attachment shows both Disarmed and Armed Away - you can see the difference.

Thanks for any assistance!