PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3

Confirmed! The latest version released today makes my vera reboot constantly, and I can’t change anything to fix it. I removed and re installed and still doesn’t work.

Thanks for your work!!!

Thank you for resolving the issues with the force, chime mode, and mobile apps!!

However, as a couple of others have mentioned the update put my Vera into an endless reboot. I have it backup now, but when installing the app it immediately returns to the constant reboot. The logs show errors indicating the device files are not being downloaded during the install.

Looking at it some more there appears to be an extra “/” in the path to the lua file.

02 11/06/14 22:10:29.531 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
02 11/06/14 22:10:29.531 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
01 11/06/14 22:10:34.844 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateLuaInterfaces can’t load plugin /etc/cmh-lu//L_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.lua <0x2baa2000>
01 11/06/14 22:10:34.844 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateLuaInterfaces can’t load plugin /etc/cmh-lu//L_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.lua <0x2baa2000>
03 11/06/14 22:10:34.966 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run ready 12 devices installation 30011543 missing D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml version 1.5.622 allow_evt: 1 allow_ud: 1 upnp 1 netpnp: 1 reprovision: 0 tz:18000 tnow:1415329834 dst: 0 gmt:-18000 tz:EST / EDT changed: 0 pMem 0x843000 start 7389184 diff: 1273856 <0x2baa2000>

Thanks!

[quote=“CBland, post:42, topic:183436”]02 11/06/14 22:10:29.531 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
02 11/06/14 22:10:29.531 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
03 11/06/14 22:10:34.966 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run ready 12 devices installation 30011543 missing D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml version 1.5.622 allow_evt: 1 allow_ud: 1 upnp 1 netpnp: 1 reprovision: 0 tz:18000 tnow:1415329834 dst: 0 gmt:-18000 tz:EST / EDT changed: 0 pMem 0x843000 start 7389184 diff: 1273856 <0x2baa2000>[/quote]

These are all errors generated by the LuaUPnP engine… It can’t download the plugin from apps.mios.com… It was having issues yesterday…

Apparently, there is still an issue with the ability to install the plugin. It’s never able to download the files. Could they be posted here for the current version so they can be manually uploaded?

Every time I’ve tried to re-install the app the Vera LuaUPnP engine continues to crash and reload. There were no issues until the auto-update occurred. I’ve factory reset and started over several times the last day and a half. Just tried again about 2 hrs ago and it’s still in the constant reload cycle.

Thanks!

Latest version is attached to the first post…

It seems to be working now as all the files downloaded. 3.32 is installed. The No Implementation error is still showing when trying to force set the IP. V3.15 mentioned the code was added to the lua file.

Thanks for the response and improvements!

Absolutely agree, thank you very much for posting the files, I have uploaded the files and I am going to setup the plugin now!!!

3.25 was working fine. Forced the autoupdate which put Vera into the constant reboot mode. Downloaded the files and uploaded 3.35 but it was still rebooting.

Tried to delete the plugin but got the error message “Delivery failed” in the Apps section. Went to the Devices section and opened the EVL-3 Panel and clicked on the Trashcan which deleted the plugin.

Reinstalled the plugin which brought up version 3.32 with constant reboot. Installed the files for 3.35 and now it is working again. Did the discovery and the everything is back to normal. Seems like I am running now 3.35 but it shows 3.32.

I failed again last night, but Got up this morning and looked over and noticed a typo, corrected and v 3.36 is working!!

I appreciate the additional function, it’s a truly useful tool for a common panel. Seems it’s becoming more than that with set labels :slight_smile:

cybrmage,
Just installed 3.36 over 3.32 (or something) - awesome!

THANK YOU for making a rename feature!!!

quick question… when the Label is highlighted Red, I’m assuming that means the label is not valid?

I have labels like “Kitchen Window South” which seem fine (not red) but when I try to create “Family Room Window 1” or “Family Room Window South” they are red?

thx for the help… and the fantastic work!

I am installing the plugin for the first time, and encountering issue.
UI5, installed from the App Store.
Since installing the app, getting following messages intermittently:

Luup : Downloading plugin #6436
Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3 : Lua error

followed by “unit busy”

i do see the new device that the plugin created, however, when i try to configure it, i dont believe all the options are there (for example, on the CONTROL tab, all i see are the words “device settings”)

any ideas as to what may be causing this?
have tried “reloading” but haven’t yet hard booted vera.

any suggestions welcome
thanks

Greetings all,

Thanks in advance for any advice. I love this app, and have been using it successfully for a while - but after 3 days of factory resets, support calls, and other assorted mess… I finally determined that this app was the cause of my issues. It was working perfectly all through October, but recently something happened and it now no longer works.

I’m on UI7.

When I install it, I get a blank device with no options, and an infinite loop of “Lua error” messages in the blue bar at the top of the page, which cripples my ability to use the device. After SSH’ing in and watching the Lua log under /var/log, I can see a waterfall of crashes and restarts, and complaints regarding the various XML files in this app. I CAN uninstall, but it takes somewhere around 10 attempts in rapid succession, in between Lua crashes to get to to uninstall.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice that might alleviate this?

Thank you!

UI7 is simply not ready for use. I had nothing but problems with it on nearly every app I installed. Recommend going back to UI5. However, I ran into the same issue on UI5 and it was due to Vera not being able to download the plugin files from the code repository. I fixed it by uploading the files manually. They’re attached to the first post.

I am wondering how to upload local files into your Vera Linux file system ???

There must be an easier way than FTP…
Txs.

[quote=“cybrmage, post:43, topic:183436”][quote=“CBland, post:42, topic:183436”]02 11/06/14 22:10:29.531 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
03 11/06/14 22:10:34.966 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run ready 12 devices installation 30011543 missing D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml version 1.5.622 allow_evt: 1 allow_ud: 1 upnp 1 netpnp: 1 reprovision: 0 tz:18000 tnow:1415329834 dst: 0 gmt:-18000 tz:EST / EDT changed: 0 pMem 0x843000 start 7389184 diff: 1273856 <0x2baa2000>[/quote]

These are all errors generated by the LuaUPnP engine… It can’t download the plugin from apps.mios.com… It was having issues yesterday…[/quote]

Okay… no wonder my Ui7 was so unstable!! That looks like a P1 bug on MCV not so much PlugIn developers. This issue is a platform design gap.

When the LuaUPnP is not able to initialize, it just crash/dumps but why is that???

Because the Lua engine assumes everything is “ready to fly” while it has no way to single out or know one of its PlugIns is broken.

So the bug is:the MCV App installer reports a “PlugIn Installed” when it should report it as “Failed to install” and the LuaUPnp whould just ignore it and not try to run it. - That means the PlugIn Installer should correctly set individual Status Flags and also that Lua should read said status Flag when deciding to ignore or intialize PlugIns.

There are so many PlugIns and so many reasons for LuaUPnp to fail that this kind of fail-safe logic would make it way more stable at least with the corner case of “broken installs”.

The strange thing is when you see an App is “Installed” you assume it is all good, right? So the Installer logic is the piece that is not reporting correctly ie. broken.

cybrmage,
Seeing an issue with “connection down” every few days and seems to not reconnect on its own. Today I had to force ‘reload’ in the Vera UI.

When the issue happens, I can reach and control the EVL3 directly and using the Eyezon internet site when this occurs - and of course the Vera is fine also. in the plugin, Panel Time seems to freeze on the last update… in the case today, it was at 2:01 AM. I don’t have any automation occur at this time so I’m not sure the time is relevant except that is has been 20 hours and it has not reconnected on its own.

Is the settings “CheckConnectionTimer” for an auto-retry / restart periodically when the connection is lost? It was 180 and I just changed to 30, but seems like that is not likely to help being 20 hours passing by did not help :slight_smile:

How can we troubleshoot this issue?

thanks

Greetings all,

Is anyone else noticing that the plugin doesn’t seem to recognize fully when the panel is armed in “Away” mode? The virtual buttons on device in the UI (partition 1) change between Disarmed, Stay, and Night-Stay - but Away buttons never seems to highlight, even though the Status: readout above the buttons DOES show “Away.”

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

[quote=“daerimin, post:57, topic:183436”]Greetings all,

Is anyone else noticing that the plugin doesn’t seem to recognize fully when the panel is armed in “Away” mode? The virtual buttons on device in the UI (partition 1) change between Disarmed, Stay, and Night-Stay - but Away buttons never seems to highlight, even though the Status: readout above the buttons DOES show “Away.”

Any ideas?

Thanks!![/quote]

I did test this and my Vera shows Away mode correctly

Hello,

I see in the application change log that Bypass has been fixed.

When i try and Bypass a zone it does not work and i get the following log message

LuaInterface::CallFunction_Job device 127 function SEVL3VistaAlarmPanel1_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1_BypassZones_run failed [string “-- EVL3VistaAlarmPanel…”]:1024: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value) <0x30acd680>

this is a fresh install from the app store

J

Cybrmage,

A few questions and one very large problem…

Large Problem
I’m finding that often the plugin disconnects and will not reconnect on its own… it requires a LUUP Reload (large blue Reload button in the UI)
Can you please help troubleshoot and fix this… it renders the state of the device frozen and causes havoc with scenes.

Questions

(1) Is there a way to allow us to go directly from Stay mode directly to Stay-Night or Away? When I try these it always remains in Stay mode?

(2) Seeing this message in Vera on each change of mode…
“EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Can’t remove zone bypass for a single zone. Perform a partition disarm to remove all zone bypasses”
… what does this mean?

thx for the help and the great work on the plugin!