PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3

THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM DISTRIBUTION

Hi cybrmage,
Thanks for developing this plugin. I was using the previous version and it was working very well for me. I just upgraded to v3.10 (fresh install by deleting old plugin) and have a few comments/questions.

1. Logs - I use Eventwatcher to keep tabs on all my Zwave and Ademco devices. I’m no longer seeing the status for “Ademco Vista Partition 1, DetailedArmMode” in any of my logs (Eventwatcher or standard Vera). I think I have things set up correctly but perhaps you’re hiding those updates somehow?

2. Autodetect - I couldn’t get this to work so I entered in my zones manually. I’m certain I had the correct installer code and interface password. I tried a few times (deleted/reinstalled) and made sure I followed your instructions exactly. But I really didn’t care since it was easy to manually input my zones. However…

3. For my wireless door sensors (Ademco 5816), I had to enter in my serial # and loop #. If I didn’t enter in the loop #, then I saw some strange behavior (e.g., if I left a door open, the status would change to closed after 30 seconds even though the door was still open). I assume the plugin assumes a wired sensor if the loop # is empty.

4. Wireless sensor status - With the previous plugin, opening a door with a wireless sensor would cause the plugin to repeat its tripped state every few seconds in my logs. It wasn’t a big deal since I made some workarounds to my scenes/PLEG actions and found a way to stop my logs from ballooning up. With the new plugin, I’m happy to report that all my wireless sensors are now reporting tripped value = 1 only once.

5. TTL - Your explanation of the TTL variable (and why some sensors don’t update their status immediately) (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26696.msg192096.html#msg192096) was incredibly helpful. You might want to repeat your explanation here.
    Note: In the above linked thread, you mentioned that wireless sensors only report once every 3 minutes. I think this might only be true for wireless motion sensors. My Ademco 5816 door/window sensors report every time they’re tripped.

Again, thanks for providing this great plugin to the community.

I also just noticed another thing (perhaps related to my #1 above about logging). I use Homewave for iOS. The alarm partition doesn’t show up anymore when I try to add an alarm device to Homewave. When I check the device’s advanced properties under UI5, I see its category is still set as 23 (DEVICE_CATEGORY_ALARM_PARTITION). So I’m little confused why I can’t select it as an option in Homewave (and why the alarm state doesn’t show up in my logs anymore).
Thanks

UPDATED with SOLUTION

Looks like changing the keypad ID from the default 18, to 20 - in the EVL3 fixed the issue.

I just physically installed my EVL3, shows on the network (gets IP) and plugin detects it. I have the Zone map/list and the Installer Code, but no other info on the programming of the system.

I followed these install instructions… EyezOn - EnvisaLink 4 Honeywell Programming

Vera/plugin shows this message forever… “EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Attempting to get zone data…”
OR
“EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection down.”

… I can access the local EVL3 web site without issue, and the Eyez-On internet site communicates just fine with the unit.

I’m trying to change the names of the Devices this plugin created… they automatically revert back to the default names (Zone #01, etc)?

Is there a way to custom name them?

thx

[quote=“Aaron, post:5, topic:183436”]I’m trying to change the names of the Devices this plugin created… they automatically revert back to the default names (Zone #01, etc)?

Is there a way to custom name them?

thx[/quote]

no help??

Aaron,
I’m not sure what you tried. But I can change names by clicking each zone’s/device’s wrench icon, going to Advanced tab, changing Device Params Name, closing dialog box, and then clicking Save. But I also created the Zones manually. So maybe the using the auto-create function of the plugin causes a different behavior.

I used auto create. I hope cybrmage will help. Really like to change the names

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have installed this plugin with my DSC alarm panel and Envisalink3 network connection. I can successfully detect the alarm panel, but when I try to read the panel it says “ERROR! NOT CONNECTED TO EVL3.” I also cannot manually add zones. I have the password I used to log into my EyezOn portal in the interface password field and the correct installer code entered in that field. I have successfully been using eyezon portal to arm and disarm the alarm for several months. I am just now trying to integrate the alarm into my newly set up Veralite controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed this plug-in and followed the instructions provided. When manually entering the IP address, you receive a No Implementation error when clicking the Set button; however, I was able to get detection to work. I am running UI7.

I also cannot get the Read Panel option to work. First I received a No Connection error after setting getting the IP set through detection. I restarted the luup engine and after about 10 seconds of see the attempting to read panel message a single beep is heard on my control panels and about 20 seconds later the message Installer Code Invalid displays. I know the installer code is correct as I can enter it on my main control panel via [Installer Code]+800 and it enters programming mode.

Is there something I have missed? Thank you, I’m looking forward to getting this all setup.

You should be using the DSC plugin!

• Garrett

[quote=“CBland, post:10, topic:183436”]I just installed this plug-in and followed the instructions provided. When manually entering the IP address, you receive a No Implementation error when clicking the Set button; however, I was able to get detection to work. I am running UI7.

I also cannot get the Read Panel option to work. First I received a No Connection error after setting getting the IP set through detection. I restarted the luup engine and after about 10 seconds of see the attempting to read panel message a single beep is heard on my control panels and about 20 seconds later the message Installer Code Invalid displays. I know the installer code is correct as I can enter it on my main control panel via [Installer Code]+800 and it enters programming mode.

Is there something I have missed? Thank you, I’m looking forward to getting this all setup.[/quote]

Hello guys,

I have the exact same issue. I had a working 2.6 plugin with UI5. I upgraded to 3.1 and it stopped working. Any button I pressed didn’t do anything and all my sensors didn’t change status anymore.

So I removed the plugin and installed it from scratch. Now I am having the same issues as outlined above and on top of that the alarm system start beeping with error 6F or bF which means tampering.

My EVL-3 is set to 18 and my alarm system is aware of the second control panel with 18 which worked with plugin version 2.6.

Please help as now I have a non-working alarm system and EVL-3 reports yellow trouble.

[quote=“CBland, post:10, topic:183436”]I just installed this plug-in and followed the instructions provided. When manually entering the IP address, you receive a No Implementation error when clicking the Set button; however, I was able to get detection to work. I am running UI7.

Is there something I have missed? Thank you, I’m looking forward to getting this all setup.[/quote]

I downgraded back to UI5 as I was not quite happy with UI7. Still experiencing the exact same error. I even went through programming and reset the installer code to be sure that it was correct. Any suggestions?

There is nothing I can do to make this work at the moment.

I tried with IP Shadowing on or off on EVL3, I enabled *29 with 1 or disabled it with zero, I entered all the variables as describes on the eyez website with *48=77, *49=5, *54=0, *55=1.

The error messages always differ.
When I have *29 = 1 the system goes into fault mode with a beeping keypad complaining with “bF” which means long range communication failure. So when I set *29 = 0 (note: version 2.6 of this plugin required this to be 1), then I get the error message that my default installer code is incorrect and immediately thereafter that the installer code is incorrect. Checking in the LUA file of the plugin this is what the error should be if the installer code is NIL or “” to try the default of 4112.

Once this all happens above then it comes back with “EVL3: Connection down”.

I even tried to set the debug mode to 1 in the advanced settings and again looking into the LUA file of the plugin the output should be much more verbose but it is NOT.

So to avoid other questions here:
This is a Safewatch 3000EN aka Vista 20p alarm system running 4.2 chip with EVL-3 latest firmware.

If nobody can help to troubleshoot can somebody at least tell me how I can get my 2.6 version of this plugin back? At least that was working and I had to create my devices manually.

Sorry - wish I could help you guys besides what I posted above. I’m on UI5 and Envisalink firmware v01.11.135A. When I upgraded from plugin v2.6, I think I deleted each sensor/zone individually and then deleted the alarm and panel devices. Then I uninstalled the plugin from the UI5 Apps tab. Then I followed the Fresh Install instructions. I ran into the same Read Panel errors described by Cbland. So I added in my zones manually. I didn’t change anything on the Envisalink side and have always used Partition 1 Keypad address of 18. IP/GSM/LRR Shadowing is unchecked (since I don’t have any of those installed on my Vista 20P).

Based on these latest posts, I just unchecked the Auto-Update for the plugin. It’s working for me now and will hopefully stay that way.

Pseudomizer:
BTW, I just saw this old blog post from Eyezon (Nov 8, 2013):
“Some Ademco users may experience an LRR trouble on their panel after the firmware upgrade. Please be aware that this new firmware addresses this problem so it won’t happen again going forward. If you get a BF 103 (LRR Trouble) on your panel, just clear it by entering your user code + 1 (twice).”

I vaguely remember getting this error on my alarm panel sometime after I had upgraded to plugin v3.1. It seemed random at the time and worried me that something in my setup got botched. I think LRR Trouble kept popping up over 1-2 days but my Vera integration and alarm system still functioned. Eventually, I got it to clear by disarming twice and haven’t seen it since. I definitely did not change *29 or anything else.

Appreciate your feedback. What chip version is your Vista 20p?

Good question. I see a chip that’s says “WA20P-5.2 (c) Honeywell 2006 Rev 5.2”

Thanks. Mine is 4.2. I hope that the command set being used in this plugin is not version dependent on that chip. I just added the door and other sensors manually and I can arm and disarm the alarm system, I can turn on and turn off chime mode but the sensors don’t change status from non-tripped to tripped and vice versa. Seems like something is working.

I had to add serial and loop numbers with v3.1 (whereas I hadn’t done so with v2.6). For serials, I think I left off the alpha portion since the field didn’t accept the full serial number.

Serial is clear which is the ID of each sensor. E.g. Door Sensor has ID 09, when you open the door the keypad will show 09 as tripped. What are loop numbers please?