MiOS App Beta

We will make another release on Monday, that should fix scene/device listing problems.

1 Like

Results of trialling the MIOS App:

• I have Vera Plus, no Ezlo hubs/ devices

• I am using a Samsung S8 with Android version 9

• App links to local controller with VeraPlus devices exactly the same as Vera App, no issues at all

• App links to Cloud with no dashboard present on first link

• App links to Amazon Alexa through Ezlo VOI but does not create an entry on Ezlo VOI page

• When Dashboard Settings is pressed a note saying Ɯser location not found" flashes on screen

• Pressing plus sign gets me to Ezlo Dashboard Configurator. Signing in works but a notice then appears advising No Ezlo controllers have been detected, which takes me back to the Configurator sign in page.

My feedback so far on the MIOS App:

• I have Vera Plus, no Ezlo hubs/ devices
  • I am using a Samsung S7 with Android version 9
  • App links to local controller with VeraPlus and to Cloud with no problems. All my scenes and devices are present.
  • When I enter Dashboard pro to create a new dashboard, I get an error saying ā€˜No devices have been detected, please add your first deviceā€™.
  • Apart from this, the new app seems to work about the same as the previous version.

I read all the responses and here is my $0.02 on this.

I donā€™t have an Alexa or a Google box. I have a 6 year old rooted Droid Turbo running Android 6 that I just replaced the battery in, so now it is back to new, I can run it for a couple days between charges. Likelihood of me replacing this phone - zilch. And incidentally I have written a couple Android apps myself one is on google play. Several of those apps are Java and several are command-line apps that run in the actual Linux/Bionic system.

The notion of controlling my home with a phone excites me in the exact same fashion that getting a root canal excites me. W.T.F. are people thinking??? Are you all smoking too much of that Wacky Weed?

A smartphones purpose is to let you make calls when your time is being sucked away by jer koffs on the highway who donā€™t know how to stay out of commuting traffic so that you are sitting wasting your life away idling on a road that you should be driving 80Mph on. Or running Pandora on and jacking into your car stereo.

But the screen and input on it SUCK.

Now letā€™s cut all the semantic c double r double a double p. Scenes, Plans, Dashboards, and whatever the heck newfangled language you choose to call it all boil down to the SAME DANM THING. You are PROGRAMMING. Yes I know itā€™s a dirty word to end users so companies invent all these stupid words to cover up what you are actually doing, but the real truth is that you are writing a software program that controls your house.

It doesnā€™t matter if the extent of your program is a simple scene that uses geolocation to open the garage door when you come home so you donā€™t have to exert yourself getting a cramp pressing a button on the garage door opener. It is a genuine computer program. YOU ARE PROGRAMMING. Period!!!

Sure. The MIOS app is a program. So what. Itā€™s a program that runs a program the end user writes. Programs running programs are what an operating system does. Those programs can then run other programs that end users write.

Well I learned a long time ago that programming is pretty unpleasant to do when you are hunched over with a cramp in your back staring at a 3 inch screen that keeps disappearing when your thumb is mistyping on a phone soft keyboard.

I want to be sitting in a nice ergonomic chair, staring at a 21 inch screen with nice lighting, and soft relaxing music in the background. Or, pizza and Highway to H ell if Iā€™m dealing with something particularly knotty.

So back to my question W.T.F. are the designers thinking?

A phone is a terrible interface to use to write a home control program. Oh sure itā€™s GREAT if all you want to do is sit there like a complete idiot tapping on buttons that you do not understand like a TV remote. Iā€™m quite sure that people who make a living setting up home control are just LOVING this new app. They can set it up for a customer and hand them their phone and say ā€œhere, just tap this button when you want to turn on and off the alarm, tap that button when you want to flush the terlet, and for HEAVENS SAKE DONā€™T SCREW WITH ANYTHING ELSE!!!ā€

I want to actually control serious things that cost serious money in my home. I want to manage the lawn sprinklers that otherwise throw hundreds of dollars of my money down the drain. I want to manage the water heater that otherwise throws hundreds of dollars of my money down the drain. I want to manage the HVAC and the lighting which also otherwise throws hundreds of dollars of my money down the drain.

What I DONā€™T want is to spout off ā€œalexa do that thing to me that the Star Trek computer on the Enterprise holodeck does that I likeā€ That is juvenile. And that, from my POV, is about all that a home control system that requires a cell phone or an Alexa to control is good for.

When MIOS can figure out how to give me an interface that I can bring up on my 21 inch monitor, with my ergonomic and comfortable workstation, where I can write some serious home control programs on, well then Iā€™ll be back. But until then - enjoy the greasy kid stuff, guys. Iā€™m sticking with my Vera Plus and the ā€œOK boomer firmwareā€

2 Likes

I have a computer, so I dont need to be doing any programming on a phone.

What I want is a tolerably decent looking phone / tablet interface so I can mount it on a wall and easily select scenes, or adjust devices if needed. I dont need to programme the scene on my phone, and I dont need to be able to programme the dashboard from my phone either - but I want to be able to select things from my phone / tablet.

1 Like

So i am little confused, when I try to add the new dashboard in the Mios app I see none of my devices. I have a Ezlo Plus and VP and could see my VP devices in the separate Ezlo dashboard app.

When did you last check this ?

I was able to add devices and scenes from my Vera Plus in the stand alone Ezlo Dashboard Configurator app at one point. Now I cannot it no longer works.

Canā€™t do it either in this MiOS app they were meant to be releasing a fix for it soon.

I can add devices from my Ezlo Atom in both apps however.

i cant even open the Ezlo dashboard app, it crashes on startup. Probably because im running iOS 14 beta.

Donā€™t know about that I use Android devices.

Is this app available for Vera users, or only for Ezlo?
I am enrolled for Vera app beta, but I donā€™t see the possibility to download and install this one?
Should I enroll in the separate program?

You need to enroll for the beta and the app is delivered by Firebase.

The new Nativescript dashboard in the Mios app isnā€™t currently working for Vera units with Vera firmware however.

@Goker

Any news on this ?

Thanks

Hi,
Yes we started gathering device lists from the MiOS cloud which gives the most accurate information so far. Just because you are asking Iā€™m assuming that your problem persists. Right?

I am still not seeing my VP devices showing up

Yes the problem remains in the Ezlo Configurator app on Android.

I dont see any devices or scenes from my Vera Plus or Vera Edge.

Same in the Mios app I donā€™t see any devices or scenes from my Vera firmware controllers.

We had a small issue on server side. But It should work fine now.
Could you please check again and let me know if the problem persists?

1 Like

still no devices showing up for me

I will contact you in private in one minute

Hi
always nothing