MiOS App Beta

Yes it’s VeraPlus

That’s your problem then. Same as me.

The Ezlo Dashboard Configurator app at one point was working with my Vera Plus.

Now it does not.

I don’t use Ezlo Dashboard configurator

It’s inbuilt in to the Mios app now so you do.

1 Like

Ok, sorry, I did not understand that it was that :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

VOI is working OK for me in this Mios app when the app is connected to my Ezlo Atom.

I can chat with Google Home or Alexa and ask “what time is it” and I get a response.

I had previous added my Google Home and Amazon accounts however in the Vera mobile app.

Still got the problem with battery operated devices going offline.

This is a door contact sensor. If I open the Co ta t the device comes back to life in the app.

Hi
this is what i get with mine

What Time is it ?
=> Street

Street ???

In English it’s ok but i am French

1 Like

This is a issue with dashboard configurator. I will pass this to that team.

1 Like

yep, that’s what I was saying - for the end-user there is no difference that another app is opened for creating and customising the dashboard.

Hi @loana
lol no I’m talking about a button to go from one dashboard to another with a list

Imperihome list

1 Like

I agree in Imperihome I have 3 different ways to get to a particular dashboard page.

I can click the menu item which is 3 dots in the top right hand corner. One of the options on this menu is “Goto Page”

Which looks like this in English.

Or you can simply swipe right on a dashboard page to move to the next dashboard page etc.

And I also created a main default dashboard that has icons that when pressed will take you to another dashboard page.

1 Like

Exactly.
It is preferable, for me, to create several dashboards, one by part or function, and switch from one to the other either by slide or by a list because everything on a single page does not work and it is not functional

It would be impossible to have everything on one single dashboard page.

I have 25 dashboard pages in Imperihome

Im still confused, so what is the rationale for this hybrid Mios app, what is the end goal?

A side note, Melih said it will eventually be cross platform and support other manufacturers HA hubs also.

But in the short term where are Ezlo going with this app in terms of direction and development?

Why do we have two different dashboard architectures within the app? The “Dashboard Pro” and the Ezlo Dashboard Configurator one.

Presumably the Ezlo Dashboard Configurator will eventually replace the “Dashboard Pro” one altogether.

You said

“It was a big step to combine this new technology into current Apps to provide continuity while opening up this new platform to everyone.”

I dont really see why you felt you had to put the new Nativescript dashboard functions in to the old Vera mobile app aka this new Mios app.

You gave the Alien analogy of working from the inside out and eventually replacing things within.

I’ve never seen what I though was to be brand new replacement software being developed in this manner before.

Existing end users have the current Vera mobile app they have always used and they will continue to use that in the short to medium term.

So why the need for this hybrid Mios app?

Why not just build a separate and brand new dashboard app from the ground up?

For me I think you need two apps, or possibly one app that is highly customisable in terms of hiding the menu items and functions you do not want others in your family to see or have access to these areas.

It seems you are wanting to go in the direction of option 2 below, which is fine if you do it properly.

My thinking is this.

Option 1.

Continue to have an app like the Vera mobile app that can be used not only to control your devices and scenes, but can also be used for the system setup and configuration. Like adding new devices and creating new scenes etc.

I understand some users will want to be able to do some system setup functions within the mobile app and that is why it is in there traditionally.

However not something I will ever do on a small phone screen.

This app could have some basic dashboard functionality in it like you have with this “Dashboard Pro”.

Then have a totally separate new and proper dashboard app that is just that, it’s only a front end dashboard app nothing more.

This app can not be used for system setup and configuration. It’s just a pretty front end dashboards GUI.

Option 2.

Have one app that does both of these things, but it must have two very different usage modes.

All the stuff in the Vera mobile app for system setup and configuration I don’t need, won’t ever use and don’t want to see it.

I’ll be doing all the configuration on the hubs Web GUI on my laptop.

So could the app have a view mode just for dashboards only and everything else is locked down and hidden out of sight.

And then if you have the privilege rights aka a pin code, you can switch the app in to a completely different view mode for access to the traditional Vera mobile style menus for system setup and settings etc.

Hi,
I would like to explain what are we trying to achieve in here;

This is about giving convenience to our regular users or let’s say new starters.
We will have MiOS app to add/configure your devices and then a dashboard (which will have kiosk mode in the future) that you can design as flexibly as possible. It will have other functionalities like cloud scenes etc. but I want to focus on unified approach for now.

So the Dashboard configuration app’s primary purpose is creating a multi-platform app with a single code base to deliver features faster than ever. Integration was the most critical blocker for us to utilize this technology. The importance of the MiOS app is letting us create seamlessly integrated cross-platform apps that talk back-and-forth with the new and old cloud and we almost achieve that.

While we are working on this part, we also decided to deliver ios, android and web versions of the dashboard app to see/test our capabilities to use in the future.

In short, we will deliver both of the options;

1. A hybrid app that you can use to add new devices / create advanced scenes then see how it looks or use if you want to.
  2. Dashboard Pro (standalone app) that you can only setup/design your look and feel then use it.

We already started creating an interactive dashboard by adding on/off / state display functionalities to the dashboard preview in the standalone dashboard app. We will let you trigger your scenes through the app very soon too.

1 Like

Okay, still confusing and hard to explain/understand what we are trying to do here.

Dashboard app
Mios app
Hybrid app
Dashboard pro

I can understand the concept of having an app like imperihome that offers the functionality to manage multiple platforms (hue, Sonos, Vera, … Mios cloud).
Next to that you must offer an app that goes with your hardware so the user can use the hardware.
Finally you might/must have web enabled software to configure the hardware in a more advanced way for the heavy users who will do the configuration on their PC.
So what is what? And what will be free and what has to be paid for?

I started testing the Mios app:

• can login

• can add Google

• can send Google voice command that switches lights on/off

• can create multiple dashboards

• than run into issues probably due to my Android 6.2…
    Edit, continued with Android 8

• can create scene

• can run scene

• can edit scene

• can create second scene

• can remove scene

• cannot get premium (sorry something unexpected happened, pleas try later again)

• cannot add items to a dashboard, there is no button to add.

Still no devices available

Tiles flickering in the Mios app

Video here Its an unlisted video btw.

Any ETA on a fix for Vera Plus?