Migrating from Vera Hardware to Ezlo Hardware

@melih , so half a year passed by and I just checked the “logic engine” that is available now. I’m a bit disappointed with the result after 6 month waiting. I can do AND and OR combined with “group”. This is far from where the Reactor plugin is. Any update here and maybe a timeline on what to expect when?

1 Like

@ranneman
Thank you for that!
Let me give you a progress report:

Summary: We have built enough of the “backend” capabilities we are now working on providing the front end UI so that you can start using all these functionality

Detailed Explanation:

1)We created a concept of “MeshBot”. MeshBots are “Integration & Automation” workers.
MeshBots can execute both at the Edge (hubs/controllers) as well as in the Cloud.

MeshBots are “executable files” and there are different types of them.

For now there are 3 different MeshBots:
1-Automation MeshBots
2-Notification MeshBots
3-Interaction Flow MeshBots

Automation MeshBots:
are what will help create “Automations” using “Triggers/Action” framework.
In order to provide a sophisticated “Automation” capability for these “MeshBots” to operate we built and exposed a lot of the functionality required in the Firmware in the controller. Our goal is not to require you to run a Computer so that you can automate (this creates a single point of failure, inefficient and costly), the controller/hub should be able to do all that for you. Configuring/Creating automations vs running automations are two different things. Running Automation should NOT require another computer. It should simply run inside the Hubs/controllers (we now call that “Edge Computers”).
In order for Controllers/hubs to be able to “group themselves” without requiring another computer, they should also be able to communicate with eachother without needing “another computer” so that they can “execute scenes”…Our Hub Firmware is now “aware” of a “Trigger A” living in “Hub A” while requiring to inform “Hub B” when “Trigger A” happens so that “Hub B” can execute “Action B”. We call this framework “Meshene” (Meshed Scenes). There are many capabilities we have built that is not exposed in the UI yet… (including redundancy…)

But “Integration Automation” is not limited to a local hub. just like IFTTT, Zapier and so on, we also built our own capability (called Global MeshBot)… .(Please bear in mind we make this Global/Local differentiation for now only, in the future there will only be one “Automation MeshBot”.

You can see some of the integrations we have already. (please ignore the UI…it will all change soon)…We built a whole new Cloud framework so that we can integrate anything Cloud and provide capabilities similar IFTT/Zapier etc.

As you can see, you will be able to not only integrate and work with SmartThings in our ecosystem, but you will be able to interact with your “Google Sheets” as well! We are connecting both Cloud and Edge together.

We have also moved VOI service to this new cloud platform.

The UI in our mobile apps will be updated to use the new VOI.

We haven’t yet exposed the easy to use “authentication capability” on these services yet…will come with the new UI.
So a whole new Cloud platform was built to provide that “Integration Automation”.

Notification MeshBots:
You can create your own “Notification” “Automation” using our MeshBots.

Interaction Flow MeshBots
Will explain in the future.

In the spirit of providing status update: we also created https://www.ezvidoo.com/ a full blown free CCTV like platform. However what is unique is, this app that can run both on Win/Linux (and Pi version is in the works) it also has our HUB FW built into it! Yes we are running our hub in Windows/Linux as well! Which means full automation/integration capability the hub offers is integrated with cameras/cctv. (If you are wondering, we will give a free version of our Hub (software) running in Windows/Linux/Pi etc in the future)

To summarize…a lot of backend/plumbing stuff is done. Now we need to expose all that with new UI.

MiOS is the new platform that will house all that…
MiOS - My Integration Operating System …

6 Likes

Am I missing something, is there an easy way to migrating from VeraEdge to to ezlo / ezlo hardware?

1 Like

Hello @rotbard,
There is no way to transfer devices from Vera to Ezlo yet but we are working on it and it should be possible very soon. We will announce it on the Forum as soon as it is released.
Kind regards!

2 Likes

Hello

What about this??

Am wanting to BUY an Ezlo Plus Controller. But am holding off until I can find an Easy way to transfer Devices (dont care about Scenes etc right now) from VERA PLUS to anticipated Ezlo Plus Controller. Just need Devices & Names transferred without having to go thru way too many Exclusins & then NEW setups with them.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. Your my Only Hope.

I tried this with eZLO support team, although they really tried several times, all attempts only worked for around 50% of the devices.

See Updates for EZLogic 1.61.1 - 2.0.1

The new 2.0.1 release supports the migration scenario you’re looking for!

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Brey

We recently rolled out the feature publicly as well under Ezlogic Updates for EZLogic 1.61.1 - 2.0.1
We can have support team assist you during the process since there are some points to consider / pay attention
Right now it can only migrate zwave devices. It will remove all devices on the new hub so you are recommended to do this right after pairing your hub to your account for the first time. Customer team can guide you at all steps. They get in touch with you about it.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @Mark_Brey

A support ticket has been generated for you, and we will be in touch through email. Kindly check your inbox and keep us informed. (Ticket #303007)

Thank you.

finally an upgrade path from my Vera plus. If only elzo was available for Australia.