Kodi Remote Control

Dont know what the difference is but it works perfectly for me on UI7 and Helix.
The UI7 controls need fixing but functions are there.

Can this plugin/kodi differentiate between you playing a movie vs live Tv? Used to use XBMC State until I implemented live TV and couldnā€™t work out how not to trigger a scene when watching TV (when I dont want the lights to be dimmed)

Does anybody know how to use the ā€œIdleā€ function of this plugin in a LUUP script?

would it be something like:
local KODI_SID = ā€œurn:upnp-org:serviceId:XBMCState1ā€
local playerState = luup.variable_get(KODI_SID, ā€œIdleTimeā€, 123)

Does the idle time even work?, I dont see it changing in the Advanced tab.

Is there a way to even do it via the UI? I would like to turn off the power to the TV when Kodi is idle for a certain amount of time.

Nevermind I used a python script to send the command from kodi to the Vera.

Got the idea here:
http://www.jordanhackworth.com/home-automation-with-xbmc/

UPDATE: I got all the functionality working on Amazon Fire TV Stick, with UI7. The button functionality problem was caused by not setting all necessary settings in Kodi to enable remote control. I forgot after I upgraded.

Only outstanding issues are button layout on UI7, and consistently states Canā€™t detect device. but app fully functions.

I cannot get this to work. Iā€™m using UI7 with OpenELEC / KODI 14.2. I get ā€œComputer:upPlayer:ā€“Kodi:ā€“ā€. XBMC state worked perfectly. This will not trigger events, nor do the remote buttons work. I donā€™t care if the remote buttons on the device work, but I would like the lights to dim again. I erased all the XBMCState files prior to install. Iā€™ve tried this install fresh, three times. Any advice?

Hi

So this is a complete replacement for XBMCState? And also gives you some control over the Kodi PC like playback transport controls?

I am currently using XBMCState which I wrote about here on my blog and the DLNA plug-in which I wrote about here.

Think I will have to give Kodi Remote Control a try, I am still on Vera UI5.

Thanks

Iā€™m currently adding UI7 compatibility and a few fixes. I will upload it soon.

Hi

I just installed the Kodi service add-on, but canā€™t see anything in Kodi for this add-on?

Does it not get listed in Kodi under Settings - Addons - Enabled Addons - Services ?

The KodiRemote device in Vera UI web is now connected to Kodi after I put in the IP address, so it appears to have connected to it OK and the up / down buttons are working and making Kodi move around its GUI.

Will try and play some media content in Kodi next see what gets displayed in the KodiRemote device in Vera ?

Thanks

Does it support PVR?
Iā€™m still on xbmcstate, but the vera plugin usally crashes once live tv is used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronluna

This all looks very promising. Iā€™d like to write a setup guide and how-to on The Media Center Blog at some point!

I have guides on there currently for XBMCState and the DNLA plug-in for Vera.

Maybe its overwritten the existing XBMCState service add-on in Kodi? As that was previously installed.

I can see in Kodi the add-on called ā€œMicasaverde XBMC Eventā€ which I thought was the XBMCState one. But when I look at its information it says author ā€œMichael Grenierā€ verison beta

Which is this new add-on right ?

EDIT:

I just looked on one of my other Kodi PCs with XBMCState installed and that ā€œMicasaverde XBMC Eventā€ add-on says the same thing author ā€œMichael Grenierā€ verison beta.

So I am confused now.

I installed this file script.service.micasaverde.zip from the forum poster earlier on here for Helix

So I guess the question is should this replace the XBMCState add-on or work in conjunction with it?

EDIT 2:

OK it seems you should first uninstall the XBMCState add-on for Kodi which is called ā€œMicasaverde XBMC Eventā€.

If I then install as a zip the script.service.micasaverde.zip file I now can see the new add-on called ā€œMicasaverde Kodi Eventā€

I am assuming there are more differences between the two add-ons for Kodi other than the name of it ?

KodiRemote its working now!

Should the XBMC icon in Vera still be present? Or should it be a Kodi one? Please see screen shot attached of the KodiRemote device.

So basically with this KodiRemote we can potentially replace both XBMCState and the DLNA plug-ins for Vera, which combined have similar functionality to KodiRemote.

Although we need Garrett to update the Authomation HD Android app to support KodiRemote devices.
The beta version of the app does support the Vera DLNA plug-in devices which is nice, because you can then have basic playback transport controls over Kodi in the Authomation HD app for Vera on your tablet or phone. But development is on hold now with Authomation HD so probably wonā€™t happen.

Iā€™ve attached a few screen shots of a ā€œDLNA deviceā€ connected to Kodi in the Authomation HD app and also in the Vera web UI, so you can see what I am talking about.

I wonder if any other 3rd party Vera remote control apps would support KodiRemote devices?

I also wonder if it might be possible to have KodiRemote display artwork as well as metadata like the DLNA plug-in devices can?
(Well with the DLNA plug-in artwork is displayed for music albums but not movies or TV shows?).

Looking forward to new updates now for KodiRemote !!

one serious thing !!

every time i start a PVR channel (simple IP CLient)
Lua does crash

06	04/16/15 22:19:26.635	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 14 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:KODIRemote1 variable: IdleTime was: -- now: (null) #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0x12b97f8/NONE duplicate:0 <0x335f0680>

2015-04-16 22:19:26 - LuaUPnP Terminated with Exit Code: 245
2015-04-16 22:19:26 - LuaUPnP crash

this apears to happen only if titles beeing submit to Vera ā€¦ once this turned off ā€¦ it does not crash anymore.

The Kodi PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on?

I use this as well, how can you tell that Lua is crashing? Does it say so at the top of the Vera web UI? Or are you seeing it in the Vera logs?

I just tried to play a TV channel in Kodi from the PVR IPTV Simple Client and it plays the channel and the KodiRemote device instance in Vera is not updated with any new information about what is now playing.

It just shows the movie title I was playing in Kodi prior to starting the Live TV channel playback. If I then reload Vera it still shows the movie title that was previously playing which was ā€œThe 6th Dayā€.

Interestingly the DLNA plug-in that is also connected to Kodi is saying ā€œVH1 Classicā€ so that is picking up the fact that Kodi is playing a Live TV channel.

See attached image

Think you are referring to the Player State ā†’ Video Title: = Yes option in the ā€œMicasaverde Kodi Eventā€ add-on settings.

I also have this turned on currently.

And Iā€™ve just uninstalled XBMCState from my Vera! And changed all my Kodi HTPCs to use KodiRemote insteadā€¦

Hi

In the KodiRemote device in the Vera web UI (UI5) the volume slider appears to be the wrong way round?

My Kodi PC is set to 100% volume, yet the volume slider in the KodiRemote device is always at 0%.

Thanks

volume and Stop does not work at all for me ! (see image)
anything else is just fine

running on Kodi 14.1 (32 bit) and UI5

Excuse me if this has been answered. Does this work in Gotham? Iā€™ve read through the whole thread and didnā€™t see it. Would I have to uninstall XBMCState?

You should uninstall the xbmcstate add-on in Gotham, the one called ā€œMicasaverde XBMC Eventā€ this is in the services area of the enabled add-ons in Kodi.

Then for Gotham install the Kodi add-on zip file (micasaverde.addon.zip) from the first post on this thread. (I think).

You donā€™t need to uninstall xbmcstate from the Vera unit right away though, you can do this once you have changed all your kodi PCs to use KodiRemote.

In Vera add your new KodiRemote Devices for each Kodi PC . Make a note of the KodiRemote device ID in Vera and add this device ID in to the settings of the new add-on called ā€œMicasaverde Kodi Eventā€ in Kodi etc.

If you also have the day / night plug-in installed in Vera make a note of its ID number and also add that In to the kodi add-on settings.