Kodi Remote Control

Kodi Remote Control is based off former XBMCState. This Plugin will report the state of XBMC as well provide basic functionality such as Navigation and player control.

Requirements:
micasaverde.addon (Modified for Kodi Service) installed in kodi
akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)
Day or Night Plugin

1- Install Kodi Remote from the mios app store (of it gets approved) or unzip the plugin attached in this post and upload it into your vera.

2- Once you have place micasaverde.addon inside kodi’s addon folder, open kodi and go to System → settings → Add-Ons → Enabled add-ons → services → Micasaverde Kodi Event

3- Once in there enter the ip of your vera and the device id that was assigned to Kodi Remote when it got installed as well as the id for your Day or Night Plugin, select the states that you would like Kodi to report to your vera.

4-Once your are done configuring the plugin close kodi and reopen it to initialize the new configuration.

5-Go to your vera and enter into the setting of your KODIRemote Plugin then go to the advanced tab and enter your Kodi’s ip address and reload vera.

You should be able to see how Kodi report to vera all the different states, you should also be able to send basic navigation and player commands to Kodi.

[glow=red,2,300]KODIREmote.zip updated (11/22/14)[/glow]

Can you explain what setting the values on the “XMBC state” and “Player State” tabs do in teh XBMC plugin configuration? (I know i"m probably just being daft).

OK, I figured those out. that just defines what events you want to send and if you want it based on if it’s “night” (or to always report it).

Some questions. You mention that you can control Koki from the plugin. Would there be a way to add these buttons in the UI? Maybe via a separate child device? (just curious).

Hey! Thanks for this plugin :slight_smile:

A quick question …
In regards to this - akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/) Can I just go to Apps- Develop Apps- Luup files- and upload from there?

OK, I figured those out. that just defines what events you want to send and if you want it based on if it’s “night” (or to always report it).

Some questions. You mention that you can control Koki from the plugin. Would there be a way to add these buttons in the UI? Maybe via a separate child device? (just curious).[/quote]

Yes, You’ll have Up, Down, Right, Left, Home, Back, Select, Play, Pause, Stop and Volume (Partially working)

I’d like to add many more… Hopefully in the next few days…

It requires to 2 Service Files which I’m not sure if they come built-in but just in case I have attached S_AVTransport1.xml and S_RenderingControl1.xml Please feel free to download in case they are missing in your box.

[quote=“Homer, post:4, topic:184260”]Hey! Thanks for this plugin :slight_smile:

A quick question …
In regards to this - akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/) Can I just go to Apps- Develop Apps- Luup files- and upload from there?[/quote]

No, You’ll have to ssh into your vera.

perhaps scp will be a much easier.

go to your terminal window (Mac or Linux) and run something like this:

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/

[quote=“ronluna, post:5, topic:184260”]Yes, You’ll have Up, Down, Right, Left, Home, Back, Select, Play, Pause, Stop and Volume (Partially working)

It requires to 2 Service Files which I’m not sure if they come built-in but just in case I have attached S_AVTransport1.xml and S_RenderingControl1.xml Please feel free to download in case they are missing in your box.[/quote]

I added those service files, but no UI buttons showed up (not that you were saying they would). I will wait to see if you can add them in later and if not, that’s ok. I was just going to use the UI buttons for testing :slight_smile:

[quote=“ronluna, post:6, topic:184260”]No, You’ll have to ssh into your vera.

perhaps scp will be a much easier.

go to your terminal window (Mac or Linux) and run something like this:

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/[/quote]

Thanks heaps for your help mate!! Very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

[quote=“SirMeili, post:7, topic:184260”][quote=“ronluna, post:5, topic:184260”]Yes, You’ll have Up, Down, Right, Left, Home, Back, Select, Play, Pause, Stop and Volume (Partially working)

It requires to 2 Service Files which I’m not sure if they come built-in but just in case I have attached S_AVTransport1.xml and S_RenderingControl1.xml Please feel free to download in case they are missing in your box.[/quote]

I added those service files, but no UI buttons showed up (not that you were saying they would). I will wait to see if you can add them in later and if not, that’s ok. I was just going to use the UI buttons for testing :)[/quote]

Reupload this files “D_KODIRemote.json S_KODIRemote.xml” (Attached) or redownload the zip file from the main post… You will see the entire player in your “Player State” Tab.

I will try to add more features in the upcoming days…

ronluna
I have installed the Plugin on both XBMC (Gotham) and Vera… though it is not communicating 100%. The remote portion on the Vera UI is not working… but the UI is showing the PC ‘up’ and the proper current folder navigation

I did not see any place to put in a user/pw for XBMC … which most apps require?

Also, I suggest you specify users install your puling into the ADDON folder under the User’s data folder… there is another addon folder in the root of Kodi and that did not seem to work properly for me.

thanks!

It works alot better if you get rid of the :8080 for the port in the implementation file. The control port should be in Advanced so it can be modified. Not all users use 8080, and by default now(just installed a new Rasberry Pi) it’s port 80.

Just upgraded to Helix and attempted to install the add-on in Kodi and get the following:

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

Am I missing something? I attempted to install the add-on like all others: Install from zip file

[quote=“macrho, post:12, topic:184260”]Just upgraded to Helix and attempted to install the add-on in Kodi and get the following:

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

Am I missing something? I attempted to install the add-on like all others: Install from zip file[/quote]

Hey, I’m having the same problem

Same problem here.

Helix forced the new directory structure. The attached should work for you having the problem w/ the structure not being ok.

That fixed the install issue, but I still can’t get the Vera to see it. I got XBMC State to work without an issue, but I can’t get this to work for the life of me. I have Raspbmc and a Vera 3 if anyone has any suggestions. Both have the latest software versions.

The only problem I have had w/ mine is the current XBMC plugin has a few problems. First off, the method that is uses to update the “video playing” does not work 100% of the time. It’s blank. So when it goes to send the “current playing” video name to the vera it fails. I am working through this now, as I have the exact setup you have. I think it has to do with the Pi not having the balls to get that processing done before the play is started as the issue doesn’t happen w/ my Linux based XBMC.

I don’t see the author replying, so I’m not sure of the status of this plugin, but if I get it working a little more solid I will reply back w/ new attached plugins. (both of them).

This is very cool, got everything installed and it works as advertised.

However, I’ve been getting the same functionality with a program called eventghost. I’m sure many of you have used it.

Dont you think eventghost is a better option? ANY button you press or action that happens on your computer can trigger a scene or event directly to your controller…so there is no need for any of this?

This plugin only works within kodi, where eventghost is system wide…don’t you think?

Unless there is something you guys are using this plugin for that I didn’t think about?

I use it so I don’t need to have a PC running 24/7. Eventghost requires a PC.

I simply have a Raspberry Pi running w/ a bunch of external drives on it.

[quote=“amp3d, post:18, topic:184260”]This is very cool, got everything installed and it works as advertised.

However, I’ve been getting the same functionality with a program called eventghost. I’m sure many of you have used it.

Dont you think eventghost is a better option? ANY button you press or action that happens on your computer can trigger a scene or event directly to your controller…so there is no need for any of this?

This plugin only works within kodi, where eventghost is system wide…don’t you think?

Unless there is something you guys are using this plugin for that I didn’t think about?[/quote]

Can you post the details of how you used EventGhost and XBMC to achieve these results? I’ve looked at EventGhost a number of times but never really jumped in, this seems like an interesting way to use it