Kodi Remote Control

Thanks so much! After upgrading to Kodi I now have my Z-wave lighting automated again. Really appreciate your efforts getting this plugin up and running so quickly.

does this work with xbmc 12 as well ?
use XBMC State now … but it does crash from time to time …

I have this working, I can see the status up/down and I can control my XBMC running on Raspberry PI. Nice Plugin. I use it to alert me if my daughter while in her room, is watching a movie after her bed time and I get alert on my phone. The issue I am seeing is that the dashboard does not display the current playing media. Looking at the advance tab, looks like there are duplicate variables. Does anyone know the issue and how to fix it and show on the dashboard page the current state and what is playing?

I attached the advance view and the Dashboard view to show what I am seeing.

That likely has to do with partially the hardware, and partially how the plugins handles the data. The “playing title” sometimes is not refreshed fast enough so it is sent blank. That causes an error, and a crash for the most part. I commented that out.

I found out my issue on this, user error. I installed the XMBC State on my XBMC but was running Kodi Remote on my Vera. That was causing the XBMC to call the vera with wrong strings. Once I upgraded my KODI to correctly addon, works like a charm… Love this…

Side note: I use this to alert me if my daughter watches movies/youtube after 9 pm. Plus we get log of all titles she watches, so we make sure she is not watching bad stuff…

[quote=“kyle.dawson, post:23, topic:184260”]I have this working, I can see the status up/down and I can control my XBMC running on Raspberry PI. Nice Plugin. I use it to alert me if my daughter while in her room, is watching a movie after her bed time and I get alert on my phone. The issue I am seeing is that the dashboard does not display the current playing media. Looking at the advance tab, looks like there are duplicate variables. Does anyone know the issue and how to fix it and show on the dashboard page the current state and what is playing?

I attached the advance view and the Dashboard view to show what I am seeing.[/quote]

I updated my UI7 version (1.7.513) this morning, then installed the micasaverde.addon and KodiRemote app. Then configured the KODIRemote devicewith KODI IP and device ID’s and set all flags to true.

I get:

Variable Name:Variable Value:
Computer:up
Player:Video_start
Kodi:video

But none of the remote functions work and it constantly says Can’t Detect Device.

Please help

I also have some issues…

Get a “ERROR: Device not ready”-message when I press any of the buttons on the Vera.

I also keeps getting the “KODIRemote : IP Address is required in Device’s Advanced Settings!” error message, even though I have entered Kodi IP under Advanced->Params->ip.

Just checking, but after you add the IP address, you save and reload vera? That is the only think I think that could cause that error.

I think you can just reload LUUP, in UI7 anyway. but yeah, you definitely need to have Vera restart to pick up the IP changes. Just disappointed about not being able to actually control KODI.

Hopefully someone can come up with a suggestion or answer.

Not sure what you mean, I can control all three of my Kodi’s. Stop/Pause/Play, etc… The one thing I with, I could send a move in the library to play. I can only control active movie, nothing new. Would love to turn on TV, Play scene/movie at 8:00 am to wake me up.

UI7?

OH, good point. I have not gone to UI7, too many issues. I am on UI5. Since all my stuff works, did not want to go down that rabbit hole.

perhaps that’s my problem. I had it working in UI5, ugh…

[quote=“amp3d, post:18, topic:184260”]This is very cool, got everything installed and it works as advertised.

However, I’ve been getting the same functionality with a program called eventghost. I’m sure many of you have used it.

Dont you think eventghost is a better option? ANY button you press or action that happens on your computer can trigger a scene or event directly to your controller…so there is no need for any of this?

This plugin only works within kodi, where eventghost is system wide…don’t you think?

Unless there is something you guys are using this plugin for that I didn’t think about?[/quote]

I am a big fan of EventGhost and use it for heaps of automation, as well as XBMC/KODI control, but I still use the XBMC/KODI plugin for Vera, because there’s no extra functionality, as far as lighting is concerned, so you may as well cut out the middleman.

Eventghost = windows = pre-programmed failure :stuck_out_tongue:

Xbmcstate runs within kodi, which makes it alot more solid.

[quote=“fusion600, post:26, topic:184260”]I updated my UI7 version (1.7.513) this morning, then installed the micasaverde.addon and KodiRemote app. Then configured the KODIRemote devicewith KODI IP and device ID’s and set all flags to true.

I get:

Variable Name:Variable Value:
Computer:up
Player:Video_start
Kodi:video

But none of the remote functions work and it constantly says Can’t Detect Device.

Please help[/quote]

Same here! Can anyone confirm this works with UI7 as advertised and also without the “Can’t Detect Device”?

[quote=“nullx8, post:35, topic:184260”]Eventghost = windows = pre-programmed failure :stuck_out_tongue:

Xbmcstate runs within kodi, which makes it alot more solid.[/quote]

A lot of folks are already using Windows to run Kodi, so that failure rate won’t be fixed by eschewing EventGhost.

I didn?t get it to work on my new vera Edge with UI7. Now running the DLNA app instead together with PLEG.

Can you elaborate on what you did, please?

install the add on on kodi 14.1 on Fire TV … I enter the Vera IP … but for XBMC State ID and Day or Night Device ID I can’t enter anything … the keyboard is blank no number no letter at all.

EDIT: I got it all 5 of my XBMC unit working now. It was caused by an incompatible Confluence++ FireTV skin. Upgrade to the Helix version and I can enter the Unit ID for XBMC State and Day or Night devices. Thanks