Kodi Remote Control

[quote=“nullx8, post:58, topic:184260”]volume and Stop does not work at all for me ! (see image)
anything else is just fine

running on Kodi 14.1 (32 bit) and UI5[/quote]

Stop works fine for me on Openelec 5.0.8 Kodi 14.2 and VeraLite UI5

I’ve not tested all the transport control buttons yet, but will do.

Volume also works for me but the slider starting posision is inverted as I already mentioned.

Hi

OK I have written the first part of a setup guide for KodiRemote, based on Vera UI5 and Kodi Helix 14.2.

You can see it here on my blog.

Perhaps Ronluna you would like to add this to your first post in the thread?

In Part two I will be looking at creating scenes in Vera and using the KodiRemote device(s) as triggers to do stuff. For example if it is night time and if my curtains are still open, when I start playing a movie in Kodi it will automatically close the curtains and then dim the living room lamps down to 25%. And if I pause or stop the movie it will automatically brighten up the lamps to 100%.

I’ve got the kodi remote and addon installed and running but the Kodi Open and Kodi Close triggers don’t work. Also, I noticed that the state on the device says XBMC_close and XBMC_Open. Not sure if that matters or not but all the other triggers seem to match what the device state reports. Video resuem, video pause, etc… My scenes work fine with those. Just not the open and close.

Any one else experience this?

that is you ?
NICE !! i know your blog for quite some time already … great to know on who is who

that is you ?
NICE !! i know your blog for quite some time already … great to know on who is who[/quote]

Yes that’s me!

I’ll be doing part two soon and looking at using some Vera scenes with KodiRemote and maybe a short video clip.

you basically responsible for me finally buying a Harmony Remote … which was by far the best addition to the automated life,
in combination with a IR Reciever on the Raspberry to control the vera

even my wife loves it, and THAT means somethings … haha
well wrong topic … just wanted to trow some flowers :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cw-kid, post:60, topic:184260”]You should uninstall the xbmcstate add-on in Gotham, the one called “Micasaverde XBMC Event” this is in the services area of the enabled add-ons in Kodi.

Then for Gotham install the Kodi add-on zip file (micasaverde.addon.zip) from the first post on this thread. (I think).

You don’t need to uninstall xbmcstate from the Vera unit right away though, you can do this once you have changed all your kodi PCs to use KodiRemote.

In Vera add your new KodiRemote Devices for each Kodi PC . Make a note of the KodiRemote device ID in Vera and add this device ID in to the settings of the new add-on called “Micasaverde Kodi Event” in Kodi etc.

If you also have the day / night plug-in installed in Vera make a note of its ID number and also add that In to the kodi add-on settings.[/quote]

Nice, I may give this a try. Thanks for the info!

[quote=“jjwalker, post:68, topic:184260”][quote=“cw-kid, post:60, topic:184260”]You should uninstall the xbmcstate add-on in Gotham, the one called “Micasaverde XBMC Event” this is in the services area of the enabled add-ons in Kodi.

Then for Gotham install the Kodi add-on zip file (micasaverde.addon.zip) from the first post on this thread. (I think).

You don’t need to uninstall xbmcstate from the Vera unit right away though, you can do this once you have changed all your kodi PCs to use KodiRemote.

In Vera add your new KodiRemote Devices for each Kodi PC . Make a note of the KodiRemote device ID in Vera and add this device ID in to the settings of the new add-on called “Micasaverde Kodi Event” in Kodi etc.

If you also have the day / night plug-in installed in Vera make a note of its ID number and also add that In to the kodi add-on settings.[/quote]

Nice, I may give this a try. Thanks for the info![/quote]

Full setup instructions here

Part two of the setup guide here, looks at Vera scenes / the triggers / Luup code and using a Virtual Switch so you can turn on and off the integration between Kodi and Vera when you don’t want to use it.

Hope this helps new Vera / KodiRemote users wanting to setup it up! :wink:

I just installed this plugin and unfortunately, the media controls do not work. I uninstalled XBMC State on XBMC Gotham and installed the zip file from this thread (actually the script zip file as the regular zip file didn’t work because of the structure error). Entered device ids of Kodi and Day or Night. On Vera end I installed the plugin and the akb-json.lua in the lua folder. Reloaded Vera and restarted XBMC. The Kodi plugin shows the player state with no issues. Not sure why the media buttons don’t work.

make sure the port is correct
if you access the web interface of xbmc via another port … make sure to set it to this one.

if you access the web interface of xbmc via another port … make sure to set it to this one.[/quote]

Duh! I didn’t even think of that. That’s exactly my issue. Thanks

Is it possible to determain if you play a TV episode or a movie?

No not currently.

But upon entering the Videos area of Kodi e.g. the Movies or TV Shows library you can have KodiRemote detect this, using the Kodi State Change trigger of “Menu Video”

See the comments at the end of this article, we have just been discussing this today.

if you access the web interface of xbmc via another port … make sure to set it to this one.[/quote]

Duh! I didn’t even think of that. That’s exactly my issue. Thanks[/quote]

What is the default port number in Kodi for the Webserver 80? I always change it to 8080 on my HTPCs, it still works OK with the buttons on the KodiRemote device instances.

If I look in the advanced tab in Vera I can see the port number field is still set to 80.

Seems to work regardless as long as you have the Kodi Webserver enabled in the Kodi Settings - Services - Webserver - Allow control of Kodi via HTTP.

EDIT: I just changed it to 8080 in Vera on the KodiRemote device and saved and reloaded Vera. Buttons still work OK LOL.

Is there any way in the Vera Plugin to allow Custom Menu events to be used as triggers in scenes?

I have set a custom menu event for when I access the EPG. I can see in the Vera plugin that it is working, but I am not able to trigger anything from it.

[quote=“richgodfrey, post:77, topic:184260”]Is there any way in the Vera Plugin to allow Custom Menu events to be used as triggers in scenes?

I have set a custom menu event for when I access the EPG. I can see in the Vera plugin that it is working, but I am not able to trigger anything from it.[/quote]

+1

Think we need this!

And you are limited to only two custom events currently?

Thanks

And could more default Menu state items be added? For the Live TV areas of Kodi?

These are the ones we have currently

Kodi Open
Menu Home
Menu Program
Menu Picture
Menu Setting
Menu Video
Menu Music
Menu Weather
Kodi Close

Trying to work out a way not to have the lights dimmed or brightened when watching liveTV but only for movies.

@richgodfrey

Ok I can also confirm that the custom events in the Kodi add-on work and when I enter the EPG (Window ID 10617) the KodiRemote device in Vera changes to event_1

However looking in the scene triggers in Vera there appears to be no way to select event_1 as a trigger.