Issue adding Ezlo Secure as a secondary to Vera Secure

Thanks, so after resetting the Z-Wave network rather than the whole controller, are the existing paired Z-Wave devices still present ?

No, never get beyond step 4 of that document

OK thanks I will tell the developers that.

No, they will be gone. The controller will keep everything else except for the Z-Wave devices. They would need to be repaired after.

OK thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Folks,
I just received my replacement unit today and it has the same issue!
Note: controllers are close to each other (within 3 to 5 feet).

1. Set the Vera into inclusion with the Generic Z-Wave option and enabled Learning Mode on the Ezlo.

2. Slave Ezlo did not have devices because it was “new: Clicked on Learning Mode option in the app.

3. Clicked on learning mode button and received the following error on the Ezlo.

4. Then noticed that the Ezlo was added to the Vera Secure but showing the error “Please Wait! Getting secure Classes”
    Untitled picture
    Has anyone at Ezlo/Vera actually been able to get this to work? I feel like I’m wasting my time on this science experiment.
    How did this get certified if you can’t add it as a secondary?

-Patrick

I think the Devs have been able to see and replicate the problem I was told.

They are currently looking into it apparently.

Hi, @Patrick_Beauchemin,
We are investigating this issue now and will back with a response asap.

Álvaro Ochoa** (Vera) - you sent me an email stating that you were able to add an ezlo on your end as a secondary. you told me to try again with my decvice.
I just tried again. Why is smart things being added as a device. As I said, this is a new replacement and all I did is try to add this as a secondary controller to Vera secure and it failed.
See screenshot.

Hello Patrick,

We verified the process a couple of times, and it worked properly from our end. Steps:

1. Set the Vera controller into the inclusion mode (using the Generic Z-Wave device)
  2. Enable Learning mode on the Ezlo controller.
  • Make sure that the Ezlo controller doesn’t have any devices.
  • Controllers should be close to each other.
  • To remove the bridge, set the Vera controller into the unpairing/exclusion mode and enable Learning mode on the Ezlo controller.

A generic device is generated on each side.

We noticed that the process takes a while. Please try it one more time making sure to leave the controller and mobile app to finish the whole process and let us know.

Regarding the SmartThings device, we will take some more time to verify it since it’s likely related to the Vera controller.

Best.

this has failed again. I sent an email to support with a link to the video of me attempting.

I think it fails do to Vera code (inside the old Vera)…
we are trying to get to the bottom of it.

Hi Patrick,

The issue is related to your Vera hub and it has been escalated. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Adding Ezlo as a secondary controller didn’t work for me as well, first attempt I saw that the VeraPlus added the device but the Ezlo always reported timeout, only when I unpaired the Ezlo suddenly move to the second phase ( discovery ) but than it found zero devices as the VeraPlus already removed it. This happened twice.
In the third attempt the VeraPlus lost all z-wave devices disappeared !!!
I had to do a full restore from backup.

This is what happened on my last attempt, lost all of my z-wave network except for cameras and a couple apps, restored from a backup

what’s the status on this?

Any update on this issue?

I ran into similar problems, tried to add the EzloPlus as a secondary controller but keep on getting the “connection” error. A controller device is added to the VeraPlus with the “secure classes” problem. I can unpair the device from the VeraPlus.

I think this problem is wide spread. I have a Vera Secure and no matter how many times I have tried, I have never been successful. Without this option my migration to Ezlo is on hold. I’d like to hear from anyone who has been able to do this without issues.

The support team updated my EzloPlus with version 2.0.22.1803.1 , and I re-tried to add the EzloPlus to my VeraPlus.

It is still not working, the VeraPlus find the new Ezlo device, and assign a device ID to it , but at the same time the EzloPlus say “Connection time has passed”.

On the VeraPlus dashboard I can see “Please wait! Getting secure classes”

The strange thing is that , later when I un-pair the device from the VeraPlus, I can see the device was removed and at the same time the EzloPlus take me to the “Start discovery” page , but as it was already removed it find zero devices.

What’s ironic is that I bought this ezlo more than a year ago and it’s been in the box since this post: EZLO secure feedback
After a year of waiting for a migration path I’m no closer to using this device. it’s obviouse that this is a complete science experiment.
What a huge fail with the product and overall support experience.