Issue adding Ezlo Secure as a secondary to Vera Secure

I’m unable to add the Ezlo secure as a secondary controller using the method described here:

Followed the instructions and the ezlo secure device is not showing up inthe UPNP list.
This is a blocker as it appears its the only way to add the ezlo as a secondary to the Vera secure.

Hello Patrick,

Please follow the instructions described:

How to Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (Learn Mode).pdf (531.5 KB)

Keep in mind that Learn mode is not to create an Upnp bridge (LAN) but to send the Z-wave network and the Ezlo is added as a secondary controller for the Vera (through inclusion).

1 Like

this does not work.

1. the instructions do not talk about what you need to do on the primary controller (in my case it’s the vera secure). Am I supposed to use the “add device” mode?
  2. clicking on learn mode on the ezlo secure always immediately returns an error “We having trouble finalizing your setup. It’s possible there are some connection issues. Please try again.”
    BTW - “we having trouble” is “bad” English.

Hello @Patrick_Beauchemin !

To bridge your Vera Secure with your Ezlo Secure, do the following:

1. Go to home.getvera.com and connect to your Vera. Under the Devices tab, click on Add Device. Then, select Generic Z-Wave Device.

2. Go to your Vera App and connect to your Ezlo Secure, go to Settings, select Learning Mode and enable it.

Once the Ezlo enters into Learning Mode, the Vera will recognize and add it to its Z-Wave network.

The guide @Alvaro_Ochoa shared is helpful for bridges with other Ezlo controllers (Ezlo Plus, Atom, or PlugHub) or other Z-Wave smart home systems.

Also, thanks for reporting the grammar error in the app. We really appreciate it!

Let us know how it goes! :mechanical_arm:

I’ve done this 6 times with the same results.
Repro:
1. I went to home.getvera.comand, connected to your Vera. Under the Devices tab, clicked on Add Device. Then, selected Generic Z-Wave Device, Next.
2. Opened the Vera App on my android device, connected to the Ezlo Secure, went Settings, selected Learning Mode and enabled it. Ezlo enters into Learning Mode and then throws the error that I mentioned above.
3. Meanwhile, the vera web ui shows that it finds the ezlo: “Success, please wait, for the device to be configured.” message. I wait 90 seconds and the message disappears from the Vera web ui.
Now Ezlo secure shows red message “please wait, Getting secure classes”

Also this is what happens to my z-wave settings right after the above process.
See screenshot.

This is what it looks like (normal) after I remove the Ezlo device.

Note: this process (above) has had a catastrophic impact on my system.
5 devices disappeared and I needed to re add them and update numerous scenes.
Also - Backing up from a restore point did not bring the devices back.

Hello Patrick,

I just created a Support Ticket to assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

Kind regards.

Can this learning be done e on Ezlo plus?
Or is it only supported on Ezlo Secure?

Thanks,
Nir

Hello @nirgal,
It can be done on both the EzloPlus and EzloSecure. This is a brand new feature so I kindly invite you to let us know if you run into any inconvenience when you try it at support@ezlo.com.
Kind regards!

@Oscar.Morales

I don’t see the learning mode under settings, I am using 2.0.14.1570.3.
I do have two devices which I used for testing, is this what’s causing the learning mode to disappear?

BTW - I also have some other issue which I posted on the firmware release notes thread

How can I reset the unit?

Thanks
Nir

Hi @nirgal,
Learning mode is only visible and available when the unit has no devices paired to it. The moment you pair the first device, the option will disappear.
Press and hold the Reset Button for 15 seconds to do a Factory Reset on the unit. You can also do it remotely by sending the following call through the API:

{
    "id": "_ID_",
    "method": "hub.reset",
    "params": {
        "softReset": false,
        "resetToFactoryDefaults": true
    }
}

I replied to you on the other post too.
Kind regards!

Support - its been several weeks since you created a support ticket and still there is no solution for doing a factory reset on my Ezlo Secure and as such, I cant add it as a secondary controller. I keep seeing your team trying to do remote factory reset but its not working and I keep getting welcome emails from failed resets. I also see the same repetative emails from support agents asking “Do you have any voice assistants or have you tried to associate any voice assistant to the Ezlo controller?” What exaclty does this mean and why would this keep me from doing a factory reset?

Hello Patrick,

I just sent you an email. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards.

I am experiencing the same problem when trying to add my new ezlo plus as a secondary controller to a vera plus, "I’ve done this at least a dozen times with the same results.
Repro:

1. I went to home.getvera.comand, connected to your Vera. Under the Devices tab, clicked on Add Device. Then, selected Generic Z-Wave Device, Next.
  2. Opened the Vera App on my android device, connected to the Ezlo Secure, went Settings, selected Learning Mode and enabled it. Ezlo enters into Learning Mode and then throws the error that I mentioned above.
  3. Meanwhile, the vera web ui shows that it finds the ezlo: “Success, please wait, for the device to be configured.” message. I wait 90 seconds and the message disappears from the Vera web ui.
    Now Ezlo secure shows red message “please wait, Getting secure classes”

Have been unable to get beyond this, have also deleted the new ezlo, did factory reset, readded, also tried adding as an UPnP device, but new controller never shows up in the list generated. Monitoring for your response to the Patrick.

I went through weeks of painful back and forth with support only to have htem tell me my device has a “software defect”. They are sending me a new unit.

Thanks, I guess I need to open a ticket to get a resolution then, don’t suppose they will respond based on forum comments

Hi @wchurchfield,
Here is the manual attached which describes the steps.
How to Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (Learn Mode)(1).pdf (531.4 KB)
Can you share the results please after you go through all steps?

That is the document that I was following in each attempt, only gets to step 4 when it fails each time

The Ezlo Plus is wired attached to network and is sitting alongside my vera plus. With over a dozen attempts, I never get past step 4. On the Vera Plus, started an add device, specifying generic z-wave device, even with the Ezlo Plus stopping at step 4, the Vera would add a new controller after awhile and it would show a red status with “please wait, Getting secure classes” but never resolve.

Did you guys finally get this working ?

I am considering adding my Ezlo Plus as a secondary controller to my production Vera Plus.

Thanks.

Hi Oscar.

Please can you double check with @oleh that this is accurate information?

Do I have to factory reset my Ezlo Plus first?

As I do have some Z-Wave devices and Meshbot rules on there currently.

Thank you.

Hi @cw-kid,
We have noticed Ezlo controllers don’t go into Learning Mode if they have at least one Z-Wave device paired to it. This is something we have tested in the lab. It if helps, you don’t need to factory reset the whole controller, just reset the Z-Wave network. The Learning Mode option should appear under Settings after that.
Kind regards!