Issue adding Ezlo Secure as a secondary to Vera Secure

This is what happened on my last attempt, lost all of my z-wave network except for cameras and a couple apps, restored from a backup

what’s the status on this?

Any update on this issue?

I ran into similar problems, tried to add the EzloPlus as a secondary controller but keep on getting the “connection” error. A controller device is added to the VeraPlus with the “secure classes” problem. I can unpair the device from the VeraPlus.

I think this problem is wide spread. I have a Vera Secure and no matter how many times I have tried, I have never been successful. Without this option my migration to Ezlo is on hold. I’d like to hear from anyone who has been able to do this without issues.

The support team updated my EzloPlus with version 2.0.22.1803.1 , and I re-tried to add the EzloPlus to my VeraPlus.

It is still not working, the VeraPlus find the new Ezlo device, and assign a device ID to it , but at the same time the EzloPlus say “Connection time has passed”.

On the VeraPlus dashboard I can see “Please wait! Getting secure classes”

The strange thing is that , later when I un-pair the device from the VeraPlus, I can see the device was removed and at the same time the EzloPlus take me to the “Start discovery” page , but as it was already removed it find zero devices.

What’s ironic is that I bought this ezlo more than a year ago and it’s been in the box since this post: EZLO secure feedback
After a year of waiting for a migration path I’m no closer to using this device. it’s obviouse that this is a complete science experiment.
What a huge fail with the product and overall support experience.

where are we with a fix for this??

Alvaro - you said the issue was escalated on Dec 21st. where are we with a fix for this??

Is it possible to use the Ezlo as secondary?
When are you expecting to release this?

Is this actively being worked on, or has it been abandoned? I hate the thought of having to either scrap the EZLO or to rebuild my network on it from scratch. I use a wheelchair so it would not be an easy job accessing all of my existing devices to rebuild from scratch.

Hello wchurchfield,
Sorry for delay in replying you. I’ll get updated from our engineering team and come back with answers.

Just as I suspected, abandoned and ignored hoping we go away.

Hello @wchurchfield
Not at all. It took some time to get the solution ready for our users. I’ll describe it below.
The point is that you can use Ezlo Secure as a secondary to Vera Secure. In this case, you will have limitations. Limitations of secondary controller functionality are:
If we connect Ezlo hub as a secondary controller to another network, we will lose such functionality:

• All the events, that are initiated by any Zwave device won’t be received by the Ezlo controller
    This happens, because Zwave uses Lifeline association groups to identify, which controller should receive all the events from the device.
    according to Zwave standard, only the Primary controller should be added to the Lifeline association group, this happens during the inclusion of Zwave device to the network.

According to this restriction, the best way to migrate devices from Vera to the Ezlo controller is to create a backup on the Vera controller and then restore it on Ezlo one. There are some restrictions with battery-powered devices during this process (the user has to wake up all his battery “sleeping” devices one by one to initiate the interview process on Ezlo hub), but after migration will be fully completed, all zwave devices will have their full functionality in Ezlo environment.

The process of migration is:

1. Create a backup on the Vera controller and download it
  2. Turn off the Vera controller
  3. Download Vera backup on Ezlo controller and initiate backup restore
  4. After the restore is completed, manually “wake up” all the battery devices one by one to make them visible in the application

I took an initial look at performing the process migration you indicated, did the backup, turned off the Vera Controller but after many attempts could not find where to download the Vera Backup and do a backup restore, was frustrated and with vacations coming soon, so put it to bed for awhile, now that I will have some time available. Where is the process for downloading to the EZLO controller documented? Where to download to? I assume that once I get the backup into the proper directory, I will be able to move forward.

Hi @wchurchfield,

We have sent you an email to help you with the process.

We will be attentive to your response there.

Hello, I’m not finding any new e-mails from you other than the 1 telling me that you have sent me an e-mail to help with the process.

Thanks — Wade

Hi @wchurchfield, my colleague Stefany used the email address on your Vera account to send you an email asking for a backup file. Look on the spam folder, if you don’t find her message please send us an email at support@ezlo.com so that we can continue with the troubleshooting process.

Regards!

Hi,
I was trying the above procedure but wasn’t able to find how to restore the VeraPlus backup on the Ezlo?

Is there a hidden menu?

Thanks,
Nir

Hi @nirgal ,

There is a way to restore a backup from Vera to Ezlo, however, Ezlo support assistance is required.
Would you mind sharing with me (via PM) both of your Vera and Ezlo SNs?

Note: Although the process has a high success rate, especially for binary non-powered devices such as switches or lights, there is a chance you need to repair some devices, especially the battery-powered ones (sensors, f.e.)

I’ll be attentive.

one question if after the move from VeraPlus to Ezlo and working with it for a few days, I would like to go back and use the VeraPlus ( assuming I won’t be pleased with Ezlo ) can I just power off the Ezlo and power back the VeraPlus and all of the network will be working normally?