Introduction to VeraMate (for iPhone and iPad)

@veramate have you seen the new Vera firmware Ui6 is running on a different url http://x.x.x.x/cmh_ui6/ where as before http://x.x.x.x/cmh Is that the reason why my VeraMate app now no longer functions?

Any plans for supporting Ui6 soon ?

@dukejohn - no I didn’t realise this was a breaking change! I’ll get onto that asap.

If anyone would like to give me a bit of access to their vera with Ui6 which would help a bit, please PM me and I can give some details.

UI6 remote access is drastically different from Ui5. It is also way more complex. It will most likely require a good amount of work to integrate. Documentation has not been posted yet.

• Garrett

I’m just looking through some of the posts about the beta testing; looks to be a fair way from being release quality. Thanks - will bare that in mind, so may not have an update ready quickly (or possibly just a temporary pre-release solution).

Let’s just say I will not install it on my production Vera anytime soon. I installed it on my development Vera and needed to do a factory reset to clear up issues and plugin craziness. I would strongly hold off and even wait for UI7. If you have a spare Vera then try it out.

• Garrett

Version 4.1 appears pretty stable … However none of my sensors, ie PIR, and door/window sensors will change from closed (green) to open (red) … They change quite smartly on the mios cp, but no indication on VeraMate … any ideas on what I’m doing wrong? …

BTW - Still the best program out there by far …

/]/]ike

@ardoch - I’ve had a chance now to look at the sensor status, and have a fix for 4.2.

I am still using the free version and considering upgrading soon. I am using both iphone and ipad air. I’m not sure which is which; premium upgrade for $5.99 or iPad upgrade for $3.99. Can you please clue me in. I have purchased Homewave and Automator.App and use them in my iphone and iPad. thanks.

Hi @waltzer11

The iPad upgrade only allows full use of the iPad version (without the upgrade reminder). Premium has no restrictions, and removes the ads. Hope that helps.

How do I login to my Vera ower intranet if I only wanto login ower intranet I dount wanto us micasaverde remote login servic

// Sorry about my spelling I’m dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don’t complain about my English spelling \

Hi Skaven. Theres a bug at the moment that means the intranet (guest) login isn’t appearing. So, sorry for the inconvenience, but if you wait a couple days I have a patch waiting for Apple to release.

It’s already released. Go to http://firmware.getvera.com/ to update your vera. I updated my vera and now Veramate no longer works. There is a free app called MMS Vera which is ok. It’s fast and clean however it doesn’t use rooms so now all my switches and scenes are in one long list. Looking forward to the Veramate update.

It no longer works because the remote access servers for UI6 are completely different from previous firmwares. It is more complex and will require some work for developers to implement into there apps. Documentation is not publicly available on this new system.

• Garrett

I love it. My biggest like is the visibility of the ad2usb alarm status. My biggest dislike is the time it takes to arm the alarm from the time I activate the scene which is supposed to do that and then the time it takes to have the status update. I realize that if I had not started with iVera my expectations would be more in check, but with iVera the reaction to executing the arm or disarm scene is as fast as using the keypad.

I just can’t even imagine all the work you are doing on this and how responsive you have been to the comments and suggestions. Please know how much I appreciate it. I will happily pay for the upgraded version. Does the upgraded version have anything more than just getting rid of the ads?

I want to get my wife onto this app, but right now the timing is going to confuse her and she is already frustrated with my constant changes based upon new ideas and discoveries. Thank you very much! You probably want to put something in the iTunes app description advising it is for ui5 only.

Thanks @pentium :slight_smile: I’m just finishing off the ability to have a button and input box to control the arm/disarm, so hopefully you’ll have a slightly better interface to control the alarm shortly.

For the status updating, I know some users have been having problems with slow updates on some devices… I think this is the code switching between wifi/3g which I’ve alleviated slightly in the last release, but unfortunately I’m having some trouble tracking down/replicating why this doesn’t update as fast as vera. Theoretically this should be the same as I’m following the recommended practice which should actually bring back the update immediately (with an absolute maximum of 1 second delay). Just to let you know, I’m still working on this problem. But check out version 4.3 (which will be released circa 19th Feb) to see if your wife could use it with the new buttons on the alarm panel :slight_smile:

Anyway thanks for the comments :slight_smile: It has definitely consumed a lot more time then I thought… but then again, I didn’t really expect quite as much interest in it. Oh, and the premium gets rid of ads, and gives full access to the iPad version currently - I had plans to add more options that the premium would include in the future, but that may or may not occur while I work on basic features.

First the brilliant news. The speed of interaction is the same as iVera. I am using vera lite, ui5, iPhone 5, and version 4.1 of the app the best I can tell. Arming and disarming the alarm is fast.

A new situation. I have four cameras, each on their own IP address (static) and assigned ports. In my laptop UI, I can see all of the cameras showing what they should be showing. On the iPhone app veramate, the d-link camera was showing the basement, and the 8907 camera which should be showing the office was also showing was the d-link camera was showing. I closed the app and reloaded it, and this time the image from the 8907 (office) was showing on the dlink (basement) camera view. The other two cameras seemed to be normal. Currently the dlink view and the 8907 view are both of the basement which should only be the dlink camera. I don’t know if it could be related, but I upgraded the firmware on the dlink camera yesterday. Again, on my laptop, the UI is showing the correct view for all four cameras.

A bit more feedback. I can’t identify the version of the veramate app on any page that I tried within the app. Being able to view it would most likely allow me to provide more detail when communicating with the forum.

I love the favorites.

I’ll look into that camera switching issue - I know of this bug, but thought it was fixed (!!) :confused: So yes, it’s a problem in VeraMate.

I’ll pop in a setting to show the app version too :slight_smile:

Very good app!

It looks like version 4.3 fixed the camera switching issue I had and I noticed the version line. Very nice touch. I am very grateful for your effort and I hope a lot of people are paying for the app. I actually can’t think of any issues or needs right now. I will switch over to permanently using veramate and see if any suggestions pop up. Good luck with the ui6 conversion.

yes i am also very impressed with veramate. i have been using automator.app, homewave, vera mobile and the free version of veramate. i am almost ready to get the paid version. i have iphone 4S and ipad air. i wonder what the other guys are using: (1) the premium version for $5.99 or (2) ipad upgrade for $3.99. veramate already explained this to me but still undecided which one to get. please pardon me because i am not so sure which one to get.