Introduction to VeraMate (for iPhone and iPad)

“i wonder what the other guys are using: (1) the premium version for $5.99 or (2) ipad upgrade for $3.99. veramate already explained this to me but still undecided which one to get. please pardon me because i am not so sure which one to get.”

Yea, I couldn’t figure it out either. So I just picked the 5.99 to show my best support. Having access to my alarm panel from my iPhone is so great I couldn’t continue to use the free app. Actually I think the app store has made it easier now, because I don’t think I saw the 3.99 still there. I’m ready to show it to my wife now, so there will be another donation soon.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: And very much appreciate the support.

Yes the premium is the ultimate so the iPad upgrade is already included and won’t be shown again.

I will add… although I’m keeping to my original idea that there needs to be a better free version for Vera (VeraMate :wink: ), as I continue to add all the features I’ve been wanting, I will add a couple limitations to nudge a bit more support for the premium. I’m just finishing the touches of a (larger then expected) 5.0 release which will allow devices to be anchored to the main page and accessed/viewed directly - this will be limited to only 3 devices unless on premium. Bit of blatant in-app marketing, but, need to make a living :slight_smile:

I don’t leave the house very much, so I have some observations from today’s jaunt.

I realized that being able to control pan and tilt would be very nice for the cameras.

While at the office, I started veramate and received a message saying that it was not current and would update. I didn’t write down the exact wording. Showed the moving circle as if it were doing something. What is this doing?

Response for arming the alarm was about a minute. The buttons on the alarm panel screen are very small. Can they be enlarged or moved farther apart from each other?

Thanks again.

If it was the blue window that appears and says updating it is checking to make sure it has the latest scene and switch information. Developer can probably elaborate more on exactly what all it’s doing but it’s checking to make sure it’s up-to-date with Vera. This helps user from having to tell it to reload the data, it’s doing it for you.

@pentium - I’ll be looking to enhance the webcam experience in the coming releases (scheduled behind some more customisation work planned). So yes, camera control, better refresh rate etc.

And @aaronsquire is correct re the notice message. If you haven’t opened VeraMate for a while, for example, it’ll need to refresh the screen - previously it just did this in the background, which meant you may not realise… so now I’m just informing you that it may be out of date. I think I’ll change this to just an hourglass, or a “last updated” (like apples mail app) note or something for the future - but I just wanted to get something there for now (in response to a previous message).

Are you talking about the buttons on the alarm panel in the device list, or the “generic device screen” (that only shows that devices available buttons)? (The buttons from the device list are only on latest version).

The alarm screen that I am talking about shows up when you hit the side arrow on the ademco vista partition device. When you hit the right arrow, it shows a screen with all of the arm modes, lettered keys, bypass zones, and pin code. These buttons are very small and close together so it is difficult to hit the right button.

I like how the favorites picks up on what we use. Are we going to be able to manage that to possibly take something back off that was only used for a brief period?

Thanks for the response. Just trying to provide feedback and get stuff on the list.

Yep looking for any feedback to make it more usable :slight_smile:

Are you on 4.3? You should see the arm/stay/disarm buttons in a much more usable format. But yes, the screen you’re talking about needs quite a bit of work - I’m using settings optimized for the web to get a usable screen out quickly, which don’t translate to a phone well at all. It’s definitely on my list to optimize.

For favourites, I’ll also be adding this sort of functionality as well. I’ve just queued 5.0 (check out twitter #VeraMateApp for a sneak peek of some of the UI changes) which will allow you to anchor some favourites to the main page - not what you’re asking for, but, might also be of use. So yes, noted, and will make sure these are on my list.

[quote=“veramate, post:62, topic:177355”]Thanks guys :slight_smile: And very much appreciate the support.

Yes the premium is the ultimate so the iPad upgrade is already included and won’t be shown again.

I will add… although I’m keeping to my original idea that there needs to be a better free version for Vera (VeraMate :wink: ), as I continue to add all the features I’ve been wanting, I will add a couple limitations to nudge a bit more support for the premium. I’m just finishing the touches of a (larger then expected) 5.0 release which will allow devices to be anchored to the main page and accessed/viewed directly - this will be limited to only 3 devices unless on premium. Bit of blatant in-app marketing, but, need to make a living :)[/quote]

thanks for your help. i just bought the premium for $5.99.

I’m not certain where we should post feedback. I have ui5, and the latest update of veramate. 5.1 On an iPhone 5. After upgrading to 5.1, when i start the app, I get a red box across the top stating that there is a network problem and doing retrys. It won’t load a camera view, and probably isn’t updating anything else. I uninstalled and installed the app with no difference. I am in the same room as my router.

I’ve posted a note in the updates thread, but yes - I’ve managed to get a slightly out of date binary into iTunes for the 5.1 version for UI5 :frowning: Really not sure how it happened, but 5.1 is broken for UI5 for connecting to devices. I’m getting emergency patches pushed out, and Apple are seeming to do it. Please check for 5.2 to fix this - I’m hoping all versions will have this very soon.

And just a quick follow up in case my other note was missed, Apple have helped out this time and pushed out the emergency, so 5.2 is ready to upgrade, and will fix this problem.

Is there any way to pin a sensor (door/window) as a favorite?

Sent from my iPhone

No at the moment. Due to having to effectively re-implement the code to do this, I only elected to do the most common items. The plan is to refactor the code so that any devices (where applicable) will be automatically available. Which is a long winded way of saying I’ll be supported anchoring any other applicable device in one of the future (soon, I hope) releases :slight_smile:

Awesome, thank you and the app is really nice

Sent from my iPhone

So, I really like the app. I have the premium version. Wanted to support the effort and get rid of the ads. Just pulled down the latest version and I like that the section for 5 stars/twitter/facebook has been moved to the bottom so it’s not so in-your-face. However, I would really like an option to get rid of that section completely.

I agree, the paid app shouldn’t need to be prompting me to do something (that a person would only do once) every time we open the app.

On another front? Is it technically possible to have the pan tilt capabilities for the cameras? If it is on the list, that is great but since nobody offers it I am wondering if it is something to hope for one day.

Yes I’ll be adding an option to more easily hide those options, however, you only need to click on the button and press GO AWAY to have it disappear. Are you saying you’ve clicked on them when they appear, and the GO AWAY isn’t making it go away? It’s a common request for apps to ask for a rating, VeraMate just uses a button that needs to be clicked rather then having a popup.

For pan/tilt capabilities I’ll be looking at this in the future.

I didn’t know about the ‘go away’ option. that will probably take care of it. so if I rate it, then that button will go away as well? I don’t use facebook, or twitter, so those kinds of things are just annoying but I am probably an exception.

Great about the cameras. I mostly wondered if it was even possible. So I will watch for it.

I am jumping into the arduino world, so I shouldn’t be much of a bother for a while.

Thanks for doing all of this.

Thanks for the info. I also did not know about the ‘go away’ function. And since I don’t use those services, and had already put a rating in the store, I never clicked on them.

No problems. I’ll try and do something to make it clearer in the future - wasn’t intended to annoy people :slight_smile: