Introduction to VeraMate (for iPhone and iPad)

I cant find Vera in App Store :frowning: Whats wrong? can i still download the application?

Well if you mean VeraMate, they’re still there:

Lite: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veramate-lite/id681969033?mt=8
Premium: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veramate-premium/id714453401?mt=8

:slight_smile:

Hi,
I just downloaded VeraMate lite. I like the way the app looks and seems pretty stable so far.

I have 2 AEON Labs SmartSwitch devices and one GE Switch 45603 Appliance module switch.
Under “Lights” only one of the Smart Switches shows up, but all the switches show up properly under the respective room.

How is it determined what shows up under “Lights” ?

UPDATE:
It seems the switch shows up under “lights” only when it is turned on. As soon as I turn it off, it is no longer shown under “Lights”. Is that the way it’s supposed to work?

Thanks,
Mike

That’s correct, Mike. I need to put some popup info in these screens/rename that button, but yes, that only shows active lights. I have a planned future version will allow you to group by rooms or the device type as well, which will actually have a button for all lights.

Hi,

How do you change the room icon ?
mine only look like chairs or all rooms

It currently tries to guess what the room is… which doesn’t work at all for different languages etc. Can you give me a list of the rooms you use?

I am working on some changes now that will allow the icon to be chosen - so this can’t be done with the current version. You can expect these changes soon after the new year.

[quote=“veramate, post:26, topic:177355”]It currently tries to guess what the room is… which doesn’t work at all for different languages etc. Can you give me a list of the rooms you use?

I am working on some changes now that will allow the icon to be chosen - so this can’t be done with the current version. You can expect these changes soon after the new year.[/quote]

i have named my rooms in french language so there are called :
“Salon” ( which is living room)
“Chambre enfant” (children’s bedroom)
“chambre parent” (parent’s bedroom)
“cuisine” (kitchen)
etc…

Now I haven’t used this before, but for this situation VeraMate can download a list of keywords, which Ive just updated with your room names. If you close VeraMate down (you’ll need to restart it, so double tap the iPhone home button, and swipe away VeraMate), it should refresh the list on next start.

Any other rooms, you’ll have to give me a list, and I can map them easily enough.

i’ve just updated to the new version.

i noticed my icons have changed, thank you ! it’s just cosmetics, but i appreciate a lot !

just one issue, since i updated, when i open veramate, the screen becomes all black. so i need to close the app and relaunch it.

No problems - I know it detracts considerably without nice icons.

And yes I’ve just found that bug with the blank screen. Restarting/relogging in fixes it. I’ll have to get out an update asap for that.

Nice software! Very easy to use. Hooked up to my Vera and gave me control of it immediately! I would love the option to be able to hide some objects so I can create simpler interfaces for the kids.

I tried to use the in-app upgrade on my ipad but it charged me, and errored out. Now the option is no longer available and I’m stuck with the lite version with the banner ads still. Any idea how to get the ipad update? :wink:

Can you provide the complete list for the impressive function that maps an icon to the room name.
I’m mostly lacking yard, front yard and back yard since they end up with the ladder icon.

@kitstube

Thanks :slight_smile: The options to hide objects etc will be in a future version (I’m hoping for January).

The in-app purchase also has a timing/crash bug which I hope I’ve fixed in version 3.3. If the purchase has gone through and you’re not seeing it, click on one of the other in-app purchases, and then the “restore” button. After a couple minutes it should update properly, otherwise, the purchase wasn’t completed. (If you have to do it again, don’t worry, Apple will only charge it once).

@HouseBot

There are some areas which I struggled to do an icon for - I don’t have something perfect for Yard for example. The list is a mapping to my internal icon list, so, if you give me the list of rooms you have, I’ll whip in a mapping that should be more likeable.

Where can I find information on the icon sets and what room names each icon responds to.

The room icons are based on an internal algorithm using the room names, and an internal icon set. If you let me know the room names, I can add them to the algorithm now.

However, I have an update coming out (I hope) towards the end of next week which will allow you to choose the room icon… so that will solve the problem if you are seeing just a default icon :slight_smile:

That’s sounds great, I’ll wait for the update.

It cloud be very nice if We got the option to see feedback info via text like “command sent” “command received ok” “status on/off” etc.

I purchased the app a few weeks ago. However, I have placed it on hold because it does not let me login, no matter what I try. My iphone is running IOS7 and Jalibroken

Have pinged you a PM, Metiche, to try and get some more details.