Introducing SceneFlow - Smart Home Re-Imagined

[quote=“simplehat, post:38, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:31, topic:194100”][quote=“simplehat, post:29, topic:194100”]Did a quick first impressions video

Enjoy

[url=https://youtu.be/jGQrIY2mVG8]SceneFlow App - First Impressions - YouTube

Nice app btw.[/quote]

Wow thank you!! Great video! Wasn’t expecting that. I’ll work on fixing the issues you found. Would like to summaries them in case I missed anything:

[ul][li]Manufacturer and Model info missing from the Fan device details screen[/li]
[li]Not handling the Fibaro Multi-sensor correctly[/li]
[li]It looked like the temperature reading on the thermostat device details screen wasn’t formatted correctly. It displayed “15.” on one line and a “.5” on the next[/li]
[li]Missing keypad: Is it controlling a lighting load directly or just scenes? I wasn’t planning to support keypads that just control scenes because you can trigger the scene directly through the scenes list[/li]
[li]Missing siren: What brand and model are you using? Is it a z-wave device or connected via an alarm panel?[/li][/ul]

Anything I missed?

Thanks again for the effort[/quote]

The fan was controlled by a TKB home plug.
Correct on the Fibaro.
The keypad is the zipato mini keypad, it just controls modes.
The siren is an Aeotec z-wave siren.

Cheers[/quote]

Released v1.2.2 today. Should be live in the App Store by now.

I’ve added the ability to connect to Vera via an IP address. This should allow openLuup users to use the app.

Bugs fixed:

• Favorites from hub couldn’t be removed from Home screen
  • Thermostat temperature text wasn’t formatted properly on small screens
  • Thermostat humidity displayed when there’s no value
  • The Fibaro temperature sensor should display the current temperature now

All devices and scenes are there but, i can see only 2 rooms instead 13 rooms

I would love an modern dashboard for my wallmounted android tablet. Imperihome is not that great looking tbh.

Came across this thread today and gave it a go. First impressions very positive, I’d echo some of the thoughts of others that the look and feel are inviting which goes along way to getting others in the house to use. Couple of small observations;

• Vera login - failed for me (possibly the handling of special characters in the password?)
  • local login using IP address did work nicely
  • Hasn’t picked up all rooms, or rather it has and then combined them into 1. I have ‘Bedroom 2’ and Bedroom 3’ defined as separate rooms in Vera, but they have been combined under the ‘Bedroom 2’ definition.
  • Interestingly ‘Guest Bedroom’ has not been picked up at all, but ‘Master Bedroom’ has. ‘Guest Bedroom’ devices have been put in the ‘lounge’
  • ‘Kitchen Utility’ has been subsumed into the ‘Kitchen’ room definition. Not a big problem, in this case, but I’ve later found that my ‘House’ defined activities have been moved into the ‘Lounge’ (e.g. scenes for lowering all the blinds, setting the alarm on )
  • Like an earlier contributor, the alarm sensors have been picked up and allocated to rooms, but the control panel and Alarm siren haven’t, which means I cant set and disarm outside of scenes.
  • The devices that I use for control of scenes haven’t been picked up e.g. Heliotrope hasn’t been recognised, but I assume that is deliberate in that you are expecting those to be handled within the Vera environment and not displayed in this user front end.
  • Is there an option to order the scene list? would be useful just to avoid having to look through complete list.

I’m also in the category of happy to pay (and have done so), when it makes it a better user experience. I’ve just integrated Vera with Echo and finding that that is working wonders in terms of household willingness to embrace the future…

Overall very impressed and will continue to follow and try things out.

I've added the ability to connect to Vera via an IP address.

Thank you very much but how to set the Vera IP ?
My version: 1.2.2.1 on an iPad

[quote=“sceneflow, post:23, topic:194100”][quote=“andrewgarfield, post:8, topic:194100”]I definitely would also appreciate having a local login option. I purposefully do not use vera’s remote access system relying instead on a personal VPN to get into my system remotely. Having a local connection method would go a long way here.

I really like the way the app looks, but without a local connection option I can’t get past the login screen to use it.[/quote]

The update containing login without credentials on a local network is in the App Store (v1.2.1.1). Let me know what you think.[/quote]

I downloaded the update the other day and all is working great! Thank you for building in that request so quickly! You have a great first stab at a great application here. I would say the next things to tackle would be support for more devices, namely alarm systems.

But until then i’ll definitely get some great use out the current app. Thanks!

I just tried to log in through wifi and cell - both worked. I talk directly to the mios servers (ui7). Is your VeraMobile app responding? If it is, mind trying again?[/quote]

Just tried again several times and nothing, and yes both the Vera Mobile app and VeraMate work just fine. Reading the other posts could it be because I have two Vera’s registered and the first one is currently off-line.

Yep, that was it…! I deleted the off-line Vera and it now is working.

Sent you a PM so we can debug the issue and get it fixed asap

I should have the iPad version ready to release in the next day or two. I know that doesn’t help you because you’re on Android, but it will help speed up Android development if I can get feedback on the iPad release.

The one feature that isn’t part of the first iPad release is a floorplan view. Still working on that one…

[quote=“Isablend, post:44, topic:194100”]Came across this thread today and gave it a go. First impressions very positive, I’d echo some of the thoughts of others that the look and feel are inviting which goes along way to getting others in the house to use. Couple of small observations;

• Vera login - failed for me (possibly the handling of special characters in the password?)
  • local login using IP address did work nicely
  • Hasn’t picked up all rooms, or rather it has and then combined them into 1. I have ‘Bedroom 2’ and Bedroom 3’ defined as separate rooms in Vera, but they have been combined under the ‘Bedroom 2’ definition.
  • Interestingly ‘Guest Bedroom’ has not been picked up at all, but ‘Master Bedroom’ has. ‘Guest Bedroom’ devices have been put in the ‘lounge’
  • ‘Kitchen Utility’ has been subsumed into the ‘Kitchen’ room definition. Not a big problem, in this case, but I’ve later found that my ‘House’ defined activities have been moved into the ‘Lounge’ (e.g. scenes for lowering all the blinds, setting the alarm on )
  • Like an earlier contributor, the alarm sensors have been picked up and allocated to rooms, but the control panel and Alarm siren haven’t, which means I cant set and disarm outside of scenes.
  • The devices that I use for control of scenes haven’t been picked up e.g. Heliotrope hasn’t been recognised, but I assume that is deliberate in that you are expecting those to be handled within the Vera environment and not displayed in this user front end.
  • Is there an option to order the scene list? would be useful just to avoid having to look through complete list.

I’m also in the category of happy to pay (and have done so), when it makes it a better user experience. I’ve just integrated Vera with Echo and finding that that is working wonders in terms of household willingness to embrace the future…

Overall very impressed and will continue to follow and try things out.[/quote]

Great feedback, thanks for taking the time to provide it!

1. Wondering if the login issue is similar to what RichardPHarvey discovered. Do you have multiple units associated with one Vera account. I’m not handling this scenario.
  2. The rooms issue is likely the same one that michelhamelin found. I’ll PM to ask for help troubleshooting it. Won’t take you longer than a few minutes.
  3. I haven’t added support for alarm panels yet because I thought most people would use the scenes instead. Bad assumption, as many have asked about alarm panel support! I’ll work on it.
  4. Regarding scene controllers, do you mean devices like keypads or remotes? If yes, then you’re right - I figured you’d use the scenes directly from the scenes screen.
  5. Agreed, the scenes screen needs work. Re-ordering the list and changing the scene image are on the list. I was also planning to make each scene take up a full row, rather than a box because there doesn’t seem to be enough space for the scene name to be displayed. Can you think of anything else?

Echo is really great and I agree that it’s a very natural way to control your home. In fact, I have a feature that allows you to talk to Alexa from SceneFlow - like an Alexa remote when you aren’t close to your Echo. I will likely include this in the paid version of the app.

Thanks for your help

[quote=“lmet, post:45, topic:194100”]

I’ve added the ability to connect to Vera via an IP address.

Thank you very much but how to set the Vera IP ?
My version: 1.2.2.1 on an iPad[/quote]

If you’re setting up the app for the first time:

• On the Vera login screen, tap “If you only access your Vera from your local network, you can skip login”
  • SceneFlow will try to find your Vera using upnp. If found, there’s nothing for you to do. If not, you’ll get an error alert message that asks you if you want to manually enter your IP address

If you’ve already completed setup and logged into your Vera account:

• Delete your Vera account from the Settings tab (This will remove all Vera config from the app)
  • On the Settings tab, click “Add connected devices” and go though the steps above for new set up

Hope that helps

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:46, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:23, topic:194100”][quote=“andrewgarfield, post:8, topic:194100”]I definitely would also appreciate having a local login option. I purposefully do not use vera’s remote access system relying instead on a personal VPN to get into my system remotely. Having a local connection method would go a long way here.

I really like the way the app looks, but without a local connection option I can’t get past the login screen to use it.[/quote]

The update containing login without credentials on a local network is in the App Store (v1.2.1.1). Let me know what you think.[/quote]

I downloaded the update the other day and all is working great! Thank you for building in that request so quickly! You have a great first stab at a great application here. I would say the next things to tackle would be support for more devices, namely alarm systems.

But until then i’ll definitely get some great use out the current app. Thanks![/quote]

Thanks, glad you like it. Alarm panel support is a popular request!

1. Wondering if the login issue is similar to what RichardPHarvey discovered. Do you have multiple units associated with one Vera account. I’m not handling this scenario.

2. The rooms issue is likely the same one that michelhamelin found. I’ll PM to ask for help troubleshooting it. Won’t take you longer than a few minutes.

3. I haven’t added support for alarm panels yet because I thought most people would use the scenes instead. Bad assumption, as many have asked about alarm panel support! I’ll work on it.

4. Regarding scene controllers, do you mean devices like keypads or remotes? If yes, then you’re right - I figured you’d use the scenes directly from the scenes screen.

5. Agreed, the scenes screen needs work. Re-ordering the list and changing the scene image are on the list. I was also planning to make each scene take up a full row, rather than a box because there doesn’t seem to be enough space for the scene name to be displayed. Can you think of anything else?

6. I have 2 Vera devices associated with one Vera account. The first device is the operational device used for controlling the home, the other is my play-pit to allow me to try things out before I commit to something I’m not sure about. With the echo integration, this issue was handled by naming the device in the code. See reference to this issue in http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34527.75.html, page 6. Maybe something which could be handled as a setup item, where the user could select from a list?

7. Have sent you the config data you asked for by direct e-mail.

8. Noted. I use direct access to arm the alarm when I’ve forgotten and am at work, but could be done via a scene.

9. No, I specifically use for instance the ‘Heliotrope’ app to tell the system where the sun is in the sky so that when the lounge is hot and the sun is in a particular position range I know that its shining directly through the front window and so lower the blind to avoid further heat and the furniture being unnecessarily bleached. In Vera I can see the ‘Heliotrope’ device created by the app, which I don’t then see in SceneFlow. A minor thing and more of an observation since I’ve got a logic switch to combine the events that result in the blind needing to be lowered.

10. Good idea, think this will help. I’ve got quit a few scenes defined in my system to account for the things I want automated. Can’t think of anything else over and above what you already have.

The idea of enabling access to Alexa from the app would be a really good idea. Wonder how Amazon would react…would this not effectively kill off their remote as a product?

[quote=“Isablend, post:53, topic:194100”]1. Wondering if the login issue is similar to what RichardPHarvey discovered. Do you have multiple units associated with one Vera account. I’m not handling this scenario.

1. I have 2 Vera devices associated with one Vera account. The first device is the operational device used for controlling the home, the other is my play-pit to allow me to try things out before I commit to something I’m not sure about. With the echo integration, this issue was handled by naming the device in the code. See reference to this issue in http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34527.75.html, page 6. Maybe something which could be handled as a setup item, where the user could select from a list?
  2. Have sent you the config data you asked for by direct e-mail.
  3. Noted. I use direct access to arm the alarm when I’ve forgotten and am at work, but could be done via a scene.
  4. No, I specifically use for instance the ‘Heliotrope’ app to tell the system where the sun is in the sky so that when the lounge is hot and the sun is in a particular position range I know that its shining directly through the front window and so lower the blind to avoid further heat and the furniture being unnecessarily bleached. In Vera I can see the ‘Heliotrope’ device created by the app, which I don’t then see in SceneFlow. A minor thing and more of an observation since I’ve got a logic switch to combine the events that result in the blind needing to be lowered.
  5. Good idea, think this will help. I’ve got quit a few scenes defined in my system to account for the things I want automated. Can’t think of anything else over and above what you already have.

The idea of enabling access to Alexa from the app would be a really good idea. Wonder how Amazon would react…would this not effectively kill off their remote as a product?[/quote]

That post you linked to is helpful. I’ll work on supporting multiple Vera units for a single account. Yes, I’ll let you pick which one you want to use.

Amazon is actually very supportive of anyone using their Alexa Voice Services (the brains behind the Echo device). It’s very easy to use and surprisingly fast. In my testing, I was seeing sub 250ms response times for questions like “What’s the weather like?” or “Turn on the living room lights”. Amazon wants their voice service to be ubiquitous.

SceneFlow now has native iPad support! The app works in both portrait and landscape mode to take advantage of additional screen space. This update also includes a screen rotation lock that’s available under the Settings tab.

This update should be available in the App Store now. Feedback is always welcome.

On the iPad I see all devices but only two rooms (out of 7) is shown. When I look at individual devices the correct room is labeled.

Otherwise it is a nice looking app :slight_smile:

[quote=“Matsohl, post:56, topic:194100”]On the iPad I see all devices but only two rooms (out of 7) is shown. When I look at individual devices the correct room is labeled.

Otherwise it is a nice looking app :)[/quote]

Thanks, working on the rooms bug right now. Hope to have it fixed shortly

Fine, I see its the same on the iPhone :slight_smile:

Fine. Works now on mi iPad. The improvements are very fast. The devices that have a property “invisible” (Often ghosts devices) are unfortunately displayed in the interface.

I dont have an iphone or ipad. Could someone share some screen shots so I can see what it might be like when the android version arrives.

Many thanks