Introducing SceneFlow - Smart Home Re-Imagined

SceneFlow (at time of this post) is operating correctly with openLuup controlling z-wave devices using the Z-way plugin. Might I also add that the UI is very responsive…
Can’t wait to see what the future holds for SceneFlow… Keep up the great work…

– Cuda

[quote=“col8eral, post:60, topic:194100”]I dont have an iphone or ipad. Could someone share some screen shots so I can see what it might be like when the android version arrives.

Many thanks[/quote]

You can see a few screenshots and a short video on sceneflow.com

[quote=“CudaNet, post:61, topic:194100”]SceneFlow (at time of this post) is operating correctly with openLuup controlling z-wave devices using the Z-way plugin. Might I also add that the UI is very responsive…
Can’t wait to see what the future holds for SceneFlow… Keep up the great work…

– Cuda[/quote]

Good to hear that it’s working with openLuup. Thanks for testing it. Goal is to keep improving that app, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Version 1.2.5 should be live in the app store shortly. This release fixes a few bugs:

[ul][li]Rooms defined in Vera missing from the Rooms tab. Thanks to everyone who helped troubleshoot this![/li]
[li]Devices appearing in the wrong room[/li]
[li]Multi-sensors not displaying humidity and light readings correctly. The correct info should be displayed now. I’m also working on a better design for multi-sensors that will be released shortly.[/li][/ul]

Additional changes:

[ul][li]Invisible devices are no longer displayed. I didn’t know this was available in Vera until a couple of people mentioned it.[/li]
[li]Improved layout for large screens in landscape mode.[/li][/ul]

In order to see all the rooms correctly, you’ll need to remove your Vera account from the app and re-add it. Wish this could have been avoided. Under the Settings tab, touch your Vera account and click Delete. Then click “Add connected devices” and re-add your Vera hub. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Updated version works well, no drama in the process either. Updated the app, deleted the existing Vera device and added back in, all the rooms now appear correctly and with the devices they should have in each designated room. I took the time to remove my backup Vera from the network and this time the Vera account and password enabled the operational Vera to be seen correctly rather than through the IP address I had to use before.

One other comment. I’m not sure if it existed before, but when you go via the room access the displayed scene’s show the impacted device which is really nice. I have for instance scenes setup to lower and raise the blind in each room so that this activity can be triggered by Amazon Echo and the scene shows the blind icon for each. Nice touch.

Hi,

I have been testing sceneflow against my Openluup installation. After three weeks I felt confident enought to install it also on my wife’s iphone. This was a big step because all my previous attempts to get her to accept any home automation app always caused more frustration than joy. Not so with screenflow, everything is very intuitive and ‘it just works’ :smiley: Big kudos to the developer!

I have only found one bug with the smart virtual thermostat plugin. [url=https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2968]MiOS Apps. Sceneflow doesn’t allow to set the room temperature. This is maybe an ‘old’ plugin but it works fine with openluup/altui.

Finally, here are 2 suggestions for future improvements/development:

• Hide rooms and/or devices
  • Create a Windows 10 / Windows Phone universal app.

Cheers,

Jacques

[quote=“jcsv75, post:66, topic:194100”]Hi,

I have been testing sceneflow against my Openluup installation. After three weeks I felt confident enought to install it also on my wife’s iphone. This was a big step because all my previous attempts to get her to accept any home automation app always caused more frustration than joy. Not so with screenflow, everything is very intuitive and ‘it just works’ :smiley: Big kudos to the developer!

I have only found one bug with the smart virtual thermostat plugin. [url=https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2968]MiOS Apps. Sceneflow doesn’t allow to set the room temperature. This is maybe an ‘old’ plugin but it works fine with openluup/altui.

Finally, here are 2 suggestions for future improvements/development:

• Hide rooms and/or devices
  • Create a Windows 10 / Windows Phone universal app.

Cheers,

Jacques[/quote]

Really happy to hear that your wife likes the app! One of my goals is to make home automation more accessible to every member of the household. Hoping that a great app and voice (echo/google home) will get us there. In my case, it helps get new devices approved when the wife is on board ;D

I took a quick look at the virtual thermostat plugin - does it expose a thermostat interface that can be used to control an underlying device?

Hiding rooms and devices is a common request that I’ll work on soon. For now, I hide any devices that are marked “invisible”. It’s just a stopgap until I add a show/hide feature.

Curious, are you a Windows phone user or are you looking for a desktop app? Can’t promise anything, but I’d consider this after I release on Android.

I should have IP camera support available early next week. This includes RTSP! If anyone wants to beta test it, that would be a big help. Please PM me your email address.

Did someone say RTSP… Nice, I’m definitely interested…

Exactly ;D, not only my wife but also my two daughters are happy screenflow users nowadays.

I am not an expert on how this plugin works exactly but what it allows me to do is to choose the room temperature. Sceneflow does show the current temperature correctly and I can increase or decrease the temperature. However whenever I choose a new temperature, it ‘doesn’t stick’.

Ok cool, looking forward to that option.

Yes, I have a Lumia 950. I just thought it would be cool to use screenflow from any windows device, be it a phone, tablet or desktop.

Cheers.

err… just saw a typo in my previous post. I meant to sing the praises of ‘sceneflow’ not ‘screenflow’ :smiley: (btw: screenflow is actually a great app for making video tutorials -:slight_smile: I will try to make some for Sceneflow if I find the time.

Great App! Are thinking about Multiswitch support? :slight_smile:

Great app. One feature I notice missing unless I just didn’t see it is buttons for Home, Away, Night, and Vacation. Is this planned?

Thanks! I’ll add support for various plugins as requests come in. Virtual Thermostat and Multiswitch are on the list :slight_smile:

I’m looking for a replacement application for VeraMate on two iPhones and two wall mounted iPads. VeraMate has served me well for a couple of years but it’s really lacking support recently and I have a couple of outstanding issues that are causing me to look at alternatives. So I installed SceneFlow and I must admit that I don’t get it yet…! I have a very robust Vera setup which is integrated with my DSC alarm system. I don’t see how SceneFlow can control that for example. Are there thoughts about supporting beacons…? How about Geofencing…? The home screen looks super simplistic and not much in the way of customization from what I can see, just a list of horizontal buttons of sorts. Am I missing something…?

Same here… I left VeraMate a while ago and switched to HomeWave that offers a tremendous level of customization (though there is a real learning curve). I am very happy with it but I decided to give SceneFlow a try… Very nice look and feel, but to me it is a non starter for now due to lack of any real customization options (user defined screens, etc…).

Same here… I left VeraMate a while ago and switched to HomeWave that offers a tremendous level of customization (though there is a real learning curve). I am very happy with it but I decided to give SceneFlow a try… Very nice look and feel, but to me it is a non starter for now due to lack of any real customization options (user defined screens, etc…).[/quote]

It’s still early days for this app, so many of the things you’re looking for will be available in the coming days/weeks/months. Many of the features being built are driven directly by user feedback.

Alarm panels will be added after video cameras (next release).

Development of Home screen customizations are mostly finished, but I’ve given priority to adding support for additional plugins because I’ve seen more demand for it. Can you elaborate on how you customize HomeWave? Screenshot would be great.

Do you have an ETA for the Android version? Really interested in using this based on the video /tutorial

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

@sceneflow,

Thanks for your follow up. I’d recommend you check out the HomeWave website and the app itself for more.

But as per your request, here are some screen shots for a HomeWave setup for my vacation home… The labels are all in French but I guess that does not matter for our purpose.
The home screen is a main switch for the house modes, with buttons on the left that will take you to a set of sub-screens (two are attached) that are totally of my choice (organized by function rather than by rooms, as I felt it was more appropriate for my setup). The nice thing about HomeWave is that you can place any type of object (a label, a device switch, a scene, any variable from any device, etc…) anywhere of you want, with any size or format… You will notice the design is very basic as I am no designer myself, but the possibilities are endless…

Hi, I like your app but I have a big question I was planning on using the imperihome home app but so far I like the looks of yours much better that being said is there any way to make your app the home screen on an iPad like imperihome can on an android device so i can wall mount them around the house? I also would love to Ben able to wake up the device and your app through the front camera.