Introducing SceneFlow - Smart Home Re-Imagined

After many months in development and beta testing, I’m happy to announce that SceneFlow is finally available!

SceneFlow is a simple and elegant home automation app that makes it easy for you to manage all your connected devices in one place. Control lights (white and color changing), switches, blinds, thermostats, locks, and sensors.

Features:

[ul][li]It is simple and intuitive ? making home automation seamless for anyone[/li]
[li]An elegant user experience, reflecting the investment you’ve made in your connect home[/li]
[li]Personalized Home screen can display any devices, scenes or rooms for quick access[/li]
[li]Customizable wallpaper, includes beautiful high resolution photography[/li]
[li]Fast and responsive, all processing is local when you’re at home[/li][/ul]

Best of all, it?s available for FREE in the App Store for iPhone. Works with any Vera hub running UI7.

As a firm believer in the connected home, it?s great to finally introduce an app that will help improve the way we interact with our home.

Thanks to everyone who helped beta test! Feedback and feature requests are welcomed.

@sceneflowapp on twitter

Sounds cool. I’ll check it out if an Android version ever becomes available.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[quote=“JasonJoel, post:2, topic:194100”]Sounds cool. I’ll check it out if an Android version ever becomes available.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[/quote]

Working on it :slight_smile:

Pixel XL!! How is it?

Only had it 12 hours, but am pretty darn impressed so far. It’s definitely faster/smoother than any other Android I’ve owned.

Google assistant is pretty cool. Time will tell how much I use it in practice though.

Price is too high (my opinion), and the styling is a little bland (again, my opinion)…

But overall pretty cool.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This app looks great and was very easy to install on my ipod. I like how customizable this is and that real photos can be used of my rooms.

Two questions:

[ul][li]Will there be a larger version for Ipad?[/li]
[li]I am using Openluup which doesn’t use the Vera login page. Would it be possible to provide a login option via a local lan ip address?[/li][/ul]

Thanks a lot,

Jacques

[quote=“jcsv75, post:5, topic:194100”]This app looks great and was very easy to install on my ipod. I like how customizable this is and that real photos can be used of my rooms.

Two questions:

[li]I am using Openluup which doesn’t use the Vera login page. Would it be possible to provide a login option via a local lan ip address?[/li][/ul]

Thanks a lot,

Jacques[/quote]

Appreciate the feedback. iPad is mostly finished, apart from the customizable Home screen. One feature request that I’m still working on for the Home screen is a floor plan view. Once that’s done, I’ll release it. I couldn’t make the floor plan view work in a nice way on a phone because of a lack of screen real estate.

I hadn’t heard of Openluup before…interesting project. Regarding login, I ask for a username/password because it makes the set up process easier for the user and is required for remote access when you’re away from home. If you want to set up SceneFlow on your LAN without a username/password, I can find your hub using upnp but it appears that Openluup doesn’t support that.

Does Openluup have the exact same requests as the Vera? For ex, http://:/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=json

[quote=“JasonJoel, post:4, topic:194100”]Only had it 12 hours, but am pretty darn impressed so far. It’s definitely faster/smoother than any other Android I’ve owned.

Google assistant is pretty cool. Time will tell how much I use it in practice though.

Price is too high (my opinion), and the styling is a little bland (again, my opinion)…

But overall pretty cool.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[/quote]

As an iPhone user, the one reason for buying the Pixel is Google Assistant. Looks really promising - hopefully it lives up to the hype and they open it up like Alexa Voice Services.

I definitely would also appreciate having a local login option. I purposefully do not use vera’s remote access system relying instead on a personal VPN to get into my system remotely. Having a local connection method would go a long way here.

I really like the way the app looks, but without a local connection option I can’t get past the login screen to use it.

I hadn't heard of Openluup before...interesting project. Regarding login, I ask for a username/password because it makes the set up process easier for the user and is required for remote access when you're away from home. If you want to set up SceneFlow on your LAN without a username/password, I can find your hub using upnp but it appears that Openluup doesn't support that.

Does Openluup have the exact same requests as the Vera? For ex, http://:/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=json

Yes, the combination of openluup and altui is really great! Helps to keep my vera lite clean and lean. There is a dedicated forum section on this board where you can find more info.

To access an openluup server you only need to acccess the ip adress, formatted like this: http://:3480. No username or password required.

Thanks,

Jacques

Yes, openLuup supports http://:/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=json. Might be best to reach out to AKbooer for any questions regarding openLuup.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:6, topic:194100”][quote=“jcsv75, post:5, topic:194100”]This app looks great and was very easy to install on my ipod. I like how customizable this is and that real photos can be used of my rooms.

Two questions:

Thanks a lot,

Jacques[/quote]

Appreciate the feedback. iPad is mostly finished, apart from the customizable Home screen. One feature request that I’m still working on for the Home screen is a floor plan view. Once that’s done, I’ll release it. I couldn’t make the floor plan view work in a nice way on a phone because of a lack of screen real estate.

I hadn’t heard of Openluup before…interesting project. Regarding login, I ask for a username/password because it makes the set up process easier for the user and is required for remote access when you’re away from home. If you want to set up SceneFlow on your LAN without a username/password, I can find your hub using upnp but it appears that Openluup doesn’t support that.

Does Openluup have the exact same requests as the Vera? For ex, http://:/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=json[/quote]

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:8, topic:194100”]I definitely would also appreciate having a local login option. I purposefully do not use vera’s remote access system relying instead on a personal VPN to get into my system remotely. Having a local connection method would go a long way here.

I really like the way the app looks, but without a local connection option I can’t get past the login screen to use it.[/quote]

I added the ability to log in without entering a username/password. The hub is automatically discovered using upnp. I forgot that Vera’s upnp can sometimes be a bit flaky, but hopefully the app can find your hub.

The update is waiting for review in the App Store. Review times are usually less than 2 days now. Will let you know when it’s available.

I’ll add the ability to enter a hub IP address in the next release since Openluup doesn’t support upnp. Since I don’t use Openluup at this time and to speed things up, would you mind trying it out to see if it works? jcsv75, maybe you can try it too?

Yes, happy to try it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Very nice clean look! Would love to see integration with harmony and ability to modify room layouts for purposes of wall mounted displays.

I know we have harmony integration but having to define each device and buttons can be tedious. I’m not a huge fan of the harmony app itself as I own multiple hubs and switching between them isn’t the best user experience

Just my thoughts

Just downloaded it and it will not log me into my Vera account.

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:14, topic:194100”]Very nice clean look! Would love to see integration with harmony and ability to modify room layouts for purposes of wall mounted displays.

I know we have harmony integration but having to define each device and buttons can be tedious. I’m not a huge fan of the harmony app itself as I own multiple hubs and switching between them isn’t the best user experience

Just my thoughts[/quote]

Agreed, I also want an interface for my Harmony Hub (either direct or through the Vera plugin), but I haven’t had time to add it yet. A/V support was probably the most requested feature during beta testing (especially Sonos and Harmony Hub), but it’s also the most time consuming!

Changing room order is also on the todo list. Will try to tackle that shortly.

I just tried to log in through wifi and cell - both worked. I talk directly to the mios servers (ui7). Is your VeraMobile app responding? If it is, mind trying again?

Great :smiley:
If you have two Vera(s) the first one appears. It seems to be impossible to add a second, at least I have not found how to do.
Thanks

Looks great! Whenever we have iGuests, I’m at a loss for what easy & nice looking app to point them to, so I usually just give them an old Kindle Fire while they’re here. This looks like the perfect solution.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your motivation or revenue model? It would be reassuring to know that before almost handing over the keys to my home to your app.

[quote=“lmet, post:18, topic:194100”]Great :smiley:
If you have two Vera(s) the first one appears. It seems to be impossible to add a second, at least I have not found how to do.
Thanks[/quote]

Multiple hubs and multiple locations (homes/rentals/businesses) will be paid features. I’ll release the in-app purchase once all the kinks have been ironed out with the free version.