Introducing SceneFlow - Smart Home Re-Imagined

[quote=“battars, post:19, topic:194100”]Looks great! Whenever we have iGuests, I’m at a loss for what easy & nice looking app to point them to, so I usually just give them an old Kindle Fire while they’re here. This looks like the perfect solution.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your motivation or revenue model? It would be reassuring to know that before almost handing over the keys to my home to your app.[/quote]

Thanks, glad you like it.

I wanted to create a “mostly free” version that works for the typical home automation set up. I see myself competing with the stock VeraMobile app and some other apps that aren’t for power users.

I also have a paid version that will have features like multiple hubs and multiple features.

I think this is a reasonable balance between paid and free features. Hope that clarifies things.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:16, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:14, topic:194100”]Very nice clean look! Would love to see integration with harmony and ability to modify room layouts for purposes of wall mounted displays.

I know we have harmony integration but having to define each device and buttons can be tedious. I’m not a huge fan of the harmony app itself as I own multiple hubs and switching between them isn’t the best user experience

Just my thoughts[/quote]

Agreed, I also want an interface for my Harmony Hub (either direct or through the Vera plugin), but I haven’t had time to add it yet. A/V support was probably the most requested feature during beta testing (especially Sonos and Harmony Hub), but it’s also the most time consuming!

Changing room order is also on the todo list. Will try to tackle that shortly.[/quote]

Awesome! The ideal implementation would be you start a harmony activity and takes you to the remote similar to the harmony app but with the ability to go back to home controls all within the same app.

I’d have no issue paying for features, one such feature that’s interesting is complete control of the visualization. See http://thehomeremote.com/ for inspiration, great solution but the designer app is not the greatest.

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:8, topic:194100”]I definitely would also appreciate having a local login option. I purposefully do not use vera’s remote access system relying instead on a personal VPN to get into my system remotely. Having a local connection method would go a long way here.

I really like the way the app looks, but without a local connection option I can’t get past the login screen to use it.[/quote]

The update containing login without credentials on a local network is in the App Store (v1.2.1.1). Let me know what you think.

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:22, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:16, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:14, topic:194100”]Very nice clean look! Would love to see integration with harmony and ability to modify room layouts for purposes of wall mounted displays.

I know we have harmony integration but having to define each device and buttons can be tedious. I’m not a huge fan of the harmony app itself as I own multiple hubs and switching between them isn’t the best user experience

Just my thoughts[/quote]

Agreed, I also want an interface for my Harmony Hub (either direct or through the Vera plugin), but I haven’t had time to add it yet. A/V support was probably the most requested feature during beta testing (especially Sonos and Harmony Hub), but it’s also the most time consuming!

Changing room order is also on the todo list. Will try to tackle that shortly.[/quote]

Awesome! The ideal implementation would be you start a harmony activity and takes you to the remote similar to the harmony app but with the ability to go back to home controls all within the same app.

I’d have no issue paying for features, one such feature that’s interesting is complete control of the visualization. See http://thehomeremote.com/ for inspiration, great solution but the designer app is not the greatest.[/quote]

That’s a really great idea - Run the “Watch Kodi” scene (harmony activity) and launch the A/V controls (full screen) immediately. I think ideas like that will considerably improve home automation usability.

Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

I have plenty of devices and possible integration points that I’d be interested in and plenty of suggestions!

1. Vera Alarm Functionality - Currently integrated with GE Caddx eg virtual keypad to disarm from device
  2. Ability to define custom devices with rest services - eg New device > Rest API > Get/Pull/Post/ etc… > Enter URL> Map to button
  3. Shortcuts to launch other apps
  4. Support for IP Cameras (vera’s is not the greatest with MJPEG, maybe RTSP
  5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:25, topic:194100”]Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

I have plenty of devices and possible integration points that I’d be interested in and plenty of suggestions!

1. Vera Alarm Functionality - Currently integrated with GE Caddx eg virtual keypad to disarm from device
  2. Ability to define custom devices with rest services - eg New device > Rest API > Get/Pull/Post/ etc… > Enter URL> Map to button
  5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll hit you up for beta testing in the future :slight_smile:

All good ideas, but a couple of questions:

Can you elaborate on #3? Not sure what your’re trying to do

Also, I tried the intercom thing but had issues getting the receiving phone/tablet to instantly announce because the app has to be running all the time. If you have dedicated devices running in kiosk mode, then it works, but kiosk mode brings a new set of issues. Otherwise, the best you can do is send a notification to the receiving device - not exactly intercom-like functionality. Maybe you have a better solution. Perhaps Android gives you more control over something like this, but I’m not an expert.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:26, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:25, topic:194100”]Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote]

Also, I tried the intercom thing but had issues getting the receiving phone/tablet to instantly announce because the app has to be running all the time. If you have dedicated devices running in kiosk mode, then it works, but kiosk mode brings a new set of issues. Otherwise, the best you can do is send a notification to the receiving device - not exactly intercom-like functionality. Maybe you have a better solution. Perhaps Android gives you more control over something like this, but I’m not an expert.[/quote]

#3 is very simple, just launch another app that’s installed. Not sure if that’s possible in iOS but should def. be doable in android.

Very simply this would be the go to app for everything. No having to go to the home screen, everything is organized in one place and easy to find.

Agreed, RTSP support would be greatly appreciated… This is one feature that is greatly lacking in HomeWave ATM…

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:25, topic:194100”]Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote]

Did a quick first impressions video

Enjoy

[url=https://youtu.be/jGQrIY2mVG8]SceneFlow App - First Impressions - YouTube

Nice app btw.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:20, topic:194100”][quote=“lmet, post:18, topic:194100”]Great :smiley:
If you have two Vera(s) the first one appears. It seems to be impossible to add a second, at least I have not found how to do.
Thanks[/quote]

Multiple hubs and multiple locations (homes/rentals/businesses) will be paid features. I’ll release the in-app purchase once all the kinks have been ironed out with the free version.[/quote]

Okay, but if I have to test one hub I would choose the one I want to test not the first in Vera account list

[quote=“simplehat, post:29, topic:194100”]Did a quick first impressions video

Enjoy

Nice app btw.[/quote]

Wow thank you!! Great video! Wasn’t expecting that. I’ll work on fixing the issues you found. Would like to summaries them in case I missed anything:

[ul][li]Manufacturer and Model info missing from the Fan device details screen[/li]
[li]Not handling the Fibaro Multi-sensor correctly[/li]
[li]It looked like the temperature reading on the thermostat device details screen wasn’t formatted correctly. It displayed “15.” on one line and a “.5” on the next[/li]
[li]Missing keypad: Is it controlling a lighting load directly or just scenes? I wasn’t planning to support keypads that just control scenes because you can trigger the scene directly through the scenes list[/li]
[li]Missing siren: What brand and model are you using? Is it a z-wave device or connected via an alarm panel?[/li][/ul]

Anything I missed?

Thanks again for the effort

[quote=“lmet, post:30, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:20, topic:194100”][quote=“lmet, post:18, topic:194100”]Great :smiley:
If you have two Vera(s) the first one appears. It seems to be impossible to add a second, at least I have not found how to do.
Thanks[/quote]

Multiple hubs and multiple locations (homes/rentals/businesses) will be paid features. I’ll release the in-app purchase once all the kinks have been ironed out with the free version.[/quote]

Okay, but if I have to test one hub I would choose the one I want to test not the first in Vera account list[/quote]

Are you saying you have more than one hub associated with an account? I didn’t know that was possible. If that’s the case, I’ll fix it.

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:27, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:26, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:25, topic:194100”]Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote]

Also, I tried the intercom thing but had issues getting the receiving phone/tablet to instantly announce because the app has to be running all the time. If you have dedicated devices running in kiosk mode, then it works, but kiosk mode brings a new set of issues. Otherwise, the best you can do is send a notification to the receiving device - not exactly intercom-like functionality. Maybe you have a better solution. Perhaps Android gives you more control over something like this, but I’m not an expert.[/quote]

#3 is very simple, just launch another app that’s installed. Not sure if that’s possible in iOS but should def. be doable in android.

Very simply this would be the go to app for everything. No having to go to the home screen, everything is organized in one place and easy to find.[/quote]

Ok I see. Yes that’s no problem, I can launch another app. I think that would make sense from the Home screen of the app. Is that what you had in mind?

[quote=“sceneflow, post:33, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:27, topic:194100”][quote=“sceneflow, post:26, topic:194100”][quote=“jokeman3000, post:25, topic:194100”]Sure, let me know if you need/want a beta tester. I’d be a willing participant.

5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote]

Very simply this would be the go to app for everything. No having to go to the home screen, everything is organized in one place and easy to find.[/quote]

Ok I see. Yes that’s no problem, I can launch another app. I think that would make sense from the Home screen of the app. Is that what you had in mind?[/quote]

I would think it would be better as a generic item that can be placed wherever. For example, if there is an IoT item that is only in one room you may just want to have the icon for their app in that room. In an ideal would, everyone would have rest services available but unfortunately new devices seem to be as closed as ever.

[quote=“CudaNet, post:28, topic:194100”]Agreed, RTSP support would be greatly appreciated… This is one feature that is greatly lacking in HomeWave ATM…

5. Intercom…

I’ll stop , lol.[/quote][/quote]

RTSP isn’t supported in the core video libs on either iOS and Android (unless Android has changed since I last looked). I think I can make it work with ffmpeg. When I build camera support, it’ll be on my requirements list.

Out of curiosity, which camera makes and models are you using?

7x Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I and 2x Dahua PTZ’s.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:35, topic:194100”][quote=“CudaNet, post:28, topic:194100”]Agreed, RTSP support would be greatly appreciated… This is one feature that is greatly lacking in HomeWave ATM…

5. Intercom…

RTSP isn’t supported in the core video libs on either iOS and Android (unless Android has changed since I last looked). I think I can make it work with ffmpeg. When I build camera support, it’ll be on my requirements list.

Out of curiosity, which camera makes and models are you using?[/quote]

[quote=“sceneflow, post:35, topic:194100”][quote=“CudaNet, post:28, topic:194100”]Agreed, RTSP support would be greatly appreciated… This is one feature that is greatly lacking in HomeWave ATM…

5. Intercom…

Out of curiosity, which camera makes and models are you using?[/quote]

2x Hikvision 2cd2032 and 1x Dlink for the dog. All through Blue Iris.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:31, topic:194100”][quote=“simplehat, post:29, topic:194100”]Did a quick first impressions video

Enjoy

Nice app btw.[/quote]

Wow thank you!! Great video! Wasn’t expecting that. I’ll work on fixing the issues you found. Would like to summaries them in case I missed anything:

[ul][li]Manufacturer and Model info missing from the Fan device details screen[/li]
[li]Not handling the Fibaro Multi-sensor correctly[/li]
[li]It looked like the temperature reading on the thermostat device details screen wasn’t formatted correctly. It displayed “15.” on one line and a “.5” on the next[/li]
[li]Missing keypad: Is it controlling a lighting load directly or just scenes? I wasn’t planning to support keypads that just control scenes because you can trigger the scene directly through the scenes list[/li]
[li]Missing siren: What brand and model are you using? Is it a z-wave device or connected via an alarm panel?[/li][/ul]

Anything I missed?

Thanks again for the effort[/quote]

The fan was controlled by a TKB home plug.
Correct on the Fibaro.
The keypad is the zipato mini keypad, it just controls modes.
The siren is an Aeotec z-wave siren.

Cheers

When is the android version due for release?

I’m still working on it. Will mostly likely release the iPad version next, then Android after that.