Help linking a Tuya device to Vera via Node-Red

In the past I used tuya convert. No soldering required, give it a try.

I remember folks from home assistant using a similar library to get local control

Search for a node red lib using this instead of the cloud.

I usually place all this Chinese things in a vlan and block them from going outside anyway.

I connected an old tuya plugin socket adapter. it has been on and connected all night and is still connected now, 13 hours later.

But still i like local so will attempt to convert to tasmota
using

That’s not the same device as the Star projector I bought off Aliexpress.

I dont know its make. The model number on the box says BL-XK01.

Manufacturer it says Shenzhen Bolong Technology Co Ltd.

It looks like this.

Try tuya convert. Many of them have the same board inside, just open it.

Bloody thing keeps going offline, it lasted about 4 hours last time.

Let’s say I have a look at the board inside and it’s compatible with the Tuya convert.

Will any functionality be lost?

I assume we’d lose these lighting scene affects in the Smart Life app?

But should still have basic control over its light On, Off, Brightness, RGB colour changing etc.

I wonder if it’s my VPN tunnel on the router? I might try excluding this Star Light device as a test.

Only other thing I read in the user manual is they recommend not to use special characters in your WiFi SSID or WiFi access password. I do have special characters in mine.

Cheers

If you are able to spot the commands, you should be able to replicate.

I moved the device back down stairs it’s like 1 metre away from the WiFi router and after about a period of 4 hours it goes offline agsin.

Seems to be about every 4 hours ish it drops off the network.

Is it faulty or a problem with my Tuya account, I have no idea :rage:

I think it’s related to tuya cloud. I really don’t trust hw companies doing software, but that’s another story.

My tuya socket adapter has been connected for nearly 48hr with no issue. I would think it is device related or wifi issue.

Think I will take it apart have a look at the circuit board model and also see if I can improve the WiFi antenna some how.

It’s not my router that’s the problem.

Try connecting via another access point that has no special characters in the SSID. Check if ip is changing every 4 hours. When it disconnects is it still connected to router?

1m from router that would be a poor antenna.

I set its WLAN IP to be static on the router end, so it’s not DHCP anymore and not changing.

When it says Offline in the Smart Life app, I cannot then ping its LAN IP anymore. I have to kill the power turn it back on again and then it more or less instantly becomes Online again and I can ping it again.

Could maybe try connecting it to another AP, maybe the neighbours.

Here are some photos anyways.

I’ve used the Guest WiFi on my router had to modify it so there are No special characters in the SSID or password now.

Had to remove the device from the Smart Life app and pair it again, now connected to the Guest WiFi.

Looking in the Device Information in the Smart Life app it’s IP address is now shown as the same IP as my WAN external IP. Guess this is what happens for devices connected to the Guest WiFi network on my Asus Merlin router.

Had a quick look in the router admin page but couldn’t see how you find out the LAN IP address of a device connected to the Guest WiFi network.

Will see what happens and if it stays connected?

The numbers on the board:

ML002_MB
E250460

WB3S - WIFI and Bluetooth

How do we check if this can be flashed with custom firmware?

Not much coming up on a Google search, so assuming the answer is a NO.

The WB3S is not an ESP82xx. So, tasmota is not possible, unfortunately.

OK that’s a shame.

Some people are changing them with esp-12, that seems to be pin compatible, but it’s more effort than probably needed. It’s a shame they’re starting to use this Soc just to prevent people from flashing them.

How about some eWeLink devices can they be flashed with tasmota?

I have a WiFi essential oils diffuser.

Might have to take that apart as well and have a look at it.

Device has gone offline again. Seems faulty to me.

Wll create a new Tuya account that is not linked also to the iot developer account as a final test.

Not sure what to try after that?

Could maybe use the Tuya app rather than the Smart Life app. Although the user manual suggests you can use either app.

Look for the chipset. I’ve seen all kind of devices with esp* being flashed with tasmota, and there’s even athom (see aliexpress) producing bulbs and switches already flashed with Tasmota.

EDIT look at this, you’ll find known compatible devices here EU Devices

1 Like