Has anyone successfully hooked up a wired doorbell to Schlage RS100HC Door Sensr

Hoping someone can help me out a little please.

I received a Schlage RS100HC yesterday and wired it to my doorbell but when the doorbell rings / the button is pushed, it does nothing. The wires are connected to the screws on the doorbell system, the same screws the 2 wires from the button are connected to. In Vera the sensor shows as not tripped, but if I remove a wire it shows as tripped. There are 2 wires in my doorbell so I basically attached some extra wire that I had to the Schlage and wired it up with the doorbell wire, on the doorbell contact.

Can someone let me know what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks.

I have the Schlage RS100HC and mimo setup. I prefer the Schlage RS100HC as it responded to changes in real time, sub second triggers, both way. Where mimo, has a 10 second window for all new changes. Problem with Schlage RS100HC is that my 16 V will not cause it to trip.

If I use 9 V battery, it will trip, each time I touch the battery. I think its a voltage issue. Has anyone got the Schlage RS100HC Door Sensor working with 16 V Door Bell with and lit door bell button?

[quote=“Mike, post:41, topic:179666”]Hoping someone can help me out a little please.

I received a Schlage RS100HC yesterday and wired it to my doorbell but when the doorbell rings / the button is pushed, it does nothing. The wires are connected to the screws on the doorbell system, the same screws the 2 wires from the button are connected to. In Vera the sensor shows as not tripped, but if I remove a wire it shows as tripped. There are 2 wires in my doorbell so I basically attached some extra wire that I had to the Schlage and wired it up with the doorbell wire, on the doorbell contact.

Thanks.[/quote]

Mike, try it with 9 V battery. See if that can cause it to trip. Just take the wires you have in the Schlage RS100HC and have it connect to 9 V.

It should be noted the 10 second interval you are referring to, which can be updated to as frequent as 2 seconds, via the settings, is strictly the frequency by which the VeraLite web interface is updated with the voltage readings, not the frequency by which SIG1 is triggered. My MIMOLITE updates instantaneously when the doorbell is pressed, and has worked flawlessly, without a single false positive, once I got is properly configured for my environment.

[quote=“kyle.dawson, post:43, topic:179666”][quote=“Mike, post:41, topic:179666”]Hoping someone can help me out a little please.

Thanks.[/quote]

Mike, try it with 9 V battery. See if that can cause it to trip. Just take the wires you have in the Schlage RS100HC and have it connect to 9 V.[/quote]

Kyle,

Connecting the wires to a 9V battery did indeed make the sensor trip.

Thanks.

So, we can trigger it with small voltage, but how can we get Schlage RS100HC to trigger with door bell button? Do we need to add a regulator? I have seen other talk about getting this working but not sure how. Unless they have different voltage.

Again, I have MimoLite but since it has the notify window of 10 seconds (min), they means you can only have someone push the button once every 20 seconds(10 seconds for the first trip, then 10 more to untrip). So having the Schlage RS100HC is a better option for me. Does anyone have process to get this working?

Kyle

thanks for this update, just ordered one of these, wasn’t going to when I though was a ten second delay

Yes, I have same settings but still the mimolight I have 10 second window for each trip on/trip off.

P4: 1 (lower threshold high)
P5: 0 (lower threshold low)
P6: BB (upper threshold high)
P7: BA (upper threshold low)
P8: 00 (trigger when outside the ranges above, analog input).

Plus I have the Jumper (P5) off when I added it to my network, but that is form the relay option.

Pictures attached if setup, Vera settings and wiring.

What am I missing, I would love to have the 2 second window, not the 10 second.

tried to set this up

add mimolite

add mimolite plugin

set “MIMO_Devices” to your mimolite device ID you added in the advanced options of the mimo plugin

then added these options to the actual device options per JsChiSurf post per seeing same numbers below and above 3000

So, in hex 8 bit (1 byte), I set my thresholds in the parameters in my Vera unit for the "appliance module" for the MimoLite to:

P4: 1 (lower threshold high)
P5: 0 (lower threshold low)
P6: BB (upper threshold high)
P7: BA (upper threshold low)
P8: 00 (trigger when outside the ranges above, analog input).

I was not sure what “appliance module” means, I added to “MIMO DEVICE”, the actual device
also do I set that as actually “P4” or just “4” when adding them?

changes must of taken a bit to sink in, is working now :slight_smile:

thanks everyone for the help, now I just got to try and figure out how to hook it up for power as I can not find the transformer, have to go look in the attic in the morning

Parameter doc

I get the delay too, but not sure that is a bad thing after actually playing with it, keeps someone from pushing the button 20 time and getting 20 alerts, but would be interested in option to change that, case need for something in future if someone wants to share :wink:

It should be noted the 10 second interval you are referring to, which can be updated to as frequent as 2 seconds, via the settings, is strictly the frequency by which the VeraLite web interface is updated with the voltage readings, not the frequency by which SIG1 is triggered. My MIMOLITE updates instantaneously when the doorbell is pressed, and has worked flawlessly, without a single false positive, once I got is properly configured for my environment.[/quote]

JsChiSurf,

You mentioned you got yours working to trigger every 2 seconds. I have mine setup like yours, and others I believe as well. But myself and others still have the 10 second trigger window.
Per the mimolight doc, the lowest value it supports is 10 seconds.

Parameter 9
Periodic send interval of Multilevel Sensor Reports (Association Group 2) and/or Pulse Count Reports (Association Group 5) for SIG1. This parameter has a resolution of 10 seconds; for example, 1 = 10 seconds, 2 = 20 seconds, 3 = 30 seconds (Default), ?, 255 = 2550 seconds = 42.5 minutes. A value of 0 disables automatic reporting.

Per you setting, you put 0 on Parameter 9, which per doc, should disable the automatic reporting. And 10 seconds is the lowest. Can you see if you have any other settings you may have forgot to include in you post. You can see my settings via screen shots in earlier post. Any help would be great.

Kylee

Sorry guys, I was not getting notifications that there were responses in this thread though I thought I had the feature turned on.

Firstly, I apologize as I confused myself regarding the reporting period, as I reduced from the default, which as you guys have mentioned, was 30 seconds, down to 10 (not 2). But, again, this is strictly for the “generic sensor” status display in Vera. What I am thinking is, perhaps, you guys are basing your triggers / notifications off of a change in value on the “generic sensor”, rather than triggering on the “binary sensor” instead?

As mentioned, my notifications are virtually instantaneous for when the bell is pressed, and you can watch via the Vera web interface and see the binary sensory being tripped. I’ll post a video later. Below, for what it’s worth, are my settings as well.

thanks for the reply,

mine is set up the same, triggered off the binary sensor, where the delay comes in is after the first press, the first one is instantaneous, but then takes awhile before you get an event from another press

now for a doorbell this is really not a issue to me as I do not want a bunch of alerts for multiple presses, was just curious if was a way to change that via a setting

Ah, well that’s different than what was being conveyed above (up to 10 seconds to trip in the first place). I can’t say that I’ve seen the issue of a second press since it takes at least that long to cycle through the actual door bell ring (an iChime that plays music), followed by another chime over my sonos network, etc.

Yes, my issue is not the first trigger. That happens right away. It happens after that.

Push Button (Triggered)
wait 10 seconds(Untriggered)
wait 10 Seconds
Push Button (Triggered)

Now, if you hit the button before the 20 second wait, it will delay it 10 more seconds for each push. If I wait first 10 seconds to untrigger, then hit the button over and over for 2 min, it will never trigger again. Its like the button resets the timer.

So, if someone is at my door, they look to hit the button every 10 seconds or so, I will here the first door bell, but I will never hear any more after that. That is my issue. Having people only push the button per 20 seconds, not reasonable. I could live with 10 maybe, but having the button reset timer back to 0, that will not work. The 10 second report goes both ways, the trip report and the untrip report and then the next trip report.

[b]Periodic send interval of Multilevel Sensor Reports [/b]

As a test, just hit your door bell every 10 seconds, see what happens. Then hit it every 15 seconds. Both cases, you will only have the trigger set off for the first button push.

Thanks for everyone helping here, I was thinking I was going crazy, until I slowed down and timed each push button trigger.

would be really cool is if some manufacture made something like this

only with the bell part being a zwave device

I did see some other threads about this device, but already bought the mimolite and this is $60 and then the RS100HC cost on top of that, so will stick with the mimolite

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:6, topic:179666”]I have done exactly what you are asking about and it’s really really simple to do.

I didn’t have an existing doorbell and didn’t have any wires running to the location where I wanted it. My house’s front door is actually on the side of the house which is guarded by a gate. I wanted the doorbell at the gate (which we always keep locked since a burglary a few years ago), rather than my front door.

I bought the schlage sensor, a standard doorbell, and a waterproof box that could hold all the stuff and fit in between rungs of the gate. I drilled some holes in the box to install the doorbell, hooked it up with some spare wire to the sensor and paired it. Then I set up a few scenes to run when it was pressed.

The first scene sends me a message to Prowl with a unique sound on it that got my attention. This scene does NOT require the sensor to be armed. The second one sent a command to a freebsd storage array I have that I hooked up a speaker to, and it plays a standard doorbell chime. This one does require it be armed.

The best part of this set up is that when my daughter is sleeping it automatically disables the sensor in turn disabling audible doorbell (so she won’t wake up), but i still get the notification on the phone.

Since I did not have an existing doorbell I didn’t have to worry about any electrical current as the only power came from the battery of the door sensor.

For you, It think you’d have to use a relay in order to avoid things getting fried.[/quote]

This is exactly what I am looking to do. Can you share in detail the modifications to the button/sensor?

Thanks

I recently hooked up the Everspring sensor to my doorbell and created a thread about it here - http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30302.msg216073.html for anyone interested.