Has anyone successfully hooked up a wired doorbell to Schlage RS100HC Door Sensr

After much playing around, I prefer my method :slight_smile:

Mimolite powered by door bell transformer. Used input +/- just like the garage door hookup, and connected the end to a magnetic sensor. Slid the sensor inside where the coils are. Created a scene that checks for when motion stops. Now when my door bell rings, the coils energize closing the circuit on the sensor. Infact its instant with no delay, no parameter changes, plus during hollowed with the constant doorbell ringing I can unarm the sensor to deactivate the scene

I am seeing mixed options on this.

I have easy access to my doorbell chime. I can wire the mimolite to the chime itself for power, it gets power but only when the doorbell button is pressed.

When this happens it sends a few things that get logged in the Vera logs, but so far nothing I can build a trigger from.

Is there a way to draw power from the door chime and not use the wall wart and get this to work?

My door bell transformer is sort of accessible, but not really. Would have to remove a recessed light can, and even then not sure my hands would fit.

[quote=“Ramias, post:62, topic:179666”]I am seeing mixed options on this.

I have easy access to my doorbell chime. I can wire the mimolite to the chime itself for power, it gets power but only when the doorbell button is pressed.

When this happens it sends a few things that get logged in the Vera logs, but so far nothing I can build a trigger from.

Is there a way to draw power from the door chime and not use the wall wart and get this to work?

My door bell transformer is sort of accessible, but not really. Would have to remove a recessed light can, and even then not sure my hands would fit.[/quote]

I suspect you will need constant power to the Mimolite for this to work properly. You may just have to find a way to run an additional wire from the transformer. If that isn’t possible, you are back to needing a battery-powered door sensor.