Feature requests

You can go to a page under program control. The normal Start Page on the bedroom tablet is actually Page 1 and has a camera view, alarm controls and status and a few other things. But it also has a Page 0 that is just a single frame with nothing in it.

At 11PM the bedroom PLEG turns off the motion control of the bedroom lights and enables motion control on the ceiling fan. It also commands the ImperiHome to go to Page 0 so there isn’t so much light and activity while we sleep.

At 730 AM the PLEG switches motion control back to the lights and the tablet back to the normal Start Page, Page 1. It also switches in light level controls to prevent the lights from being on if the ambient light level is above a preset value.

Hello

The camera view in full screens gives a much higher update rate of the picture, I guess using your tip would show a big picture but the update rate would be slow.

Tommy

[quote=“TommyE, post:42, topic:178887”]Hello

The camera view in full screens gives a much higher update rate of the picture, I guess using your tip would show a big picture but the update rate would be slow.

Tommy[/quote]

You can actually set the update rate for the camera in the Dashboard by long tapping and selecting Configuration > Refresh Rate (I think). I have all mine set to instant.

Cool, I will try that.

Tommy

That worked great :slight_smile:
The framerate is now constant, I will try to add a large camerascreen, and then flip to it when doorbell or garagedoor is triggered.

Tommy

[quote=“TommyE, post:45, topic:178887”]That worked great :slight_smile:
The framerate is now constant, I will try to add a large camerascreen, and then flip to it when doorbell or garagedoor is triggered.

Tommy[/quote]

That’s exactly what I do utilizing the ImperiHome plugin. Works great.

Hmm found a strange limitiation.

I set it up and it worked great last evening, this morning it didn’t work.

Seems like the Android tab is going into deep sleep of some kind, I can’t even ping the device.

The whole setup worked for the 15-30 minutes I was testing it last night.

I have checked the advanced settings under WiFi to never turn of WiFi.

Any ideas what the device might be doing?

Tommy

I very like this app, thank!

• maybe customizable the “switch on” and “switch off” buttons? (my own selected “on” and “off” png-s)
    …i don’t like this switch button :frowning: (see att.)

• customizable theme background (now only black and white)

This is my IDEA! for the switch on / off buttons :slight_smile:
I maked this screenshot and MODIFICATED with paintshop !
WARNING! This is a fiction, not a real application

The switch on / off butoon modifications:

• custom icon
  • custom on / off text my own language (BE- KI )

How about the Speech/mic icon on the Dashboard view?

I just installed ImperiHome app for first time today and it looks promising, however first real issue is the lack of icons to choose from, still no fan icon for example. Apps like Veramate have loads of icons and extra icon packs so why not this app?

Thanks

Hmm, there are a number of icons available in the app and you can even use your own icons.

I just installed ImperiHome app for first time today and it looks promising, however first real issue is the lack of icons to choose from, still no fan icon for example. Apps like Veramate have loads of icons and extra icon packs so why not this app?

Thanks[/quote]

That is what gets me the most (no fan icon). They added fan support, but there is no icon, and worse, there is no fan widget to control the speed without having to click on it to get the bigger tile!

i’m disappointed in the no weather. A weather radar map, and even a Google maps traffic map would be cool.

I’ve tried the wunderground stickers thing, with not much success. I’m new, so I’m still a-learning

I can’t comment too much about the app as I’ve hardly used it yet, but they should look at how Veramate does icons there are loads of great ones to choose from, the lack of icons in ImperiHome is an initial disappointment for a new user.

Did you saw my reply 51 above?

You can only use “static” icons that are you own. If you want any that change (light on/off, etc), then you are beholden to the ones they have in place. So I can have an image of a “fan”, but not one representing what speed my fan is at. Might sound silly, but it’s not to me.

A better example, They don’t have a image that would allow me to add it to a multiswitch button that allows me to put my house in “sleep mode”. Day light house during the day, turns to night time house when I press it for at night. Since I can’t add my own multi-stage image (I know that’s not the right term…LOL), then I am stuck using a static image which offers very little information about it.

You can only use “static” icons that are you own. If you want any that change (light on/off, etc), then you are beholden to the ones they have in place. So I can have an image of a “fan”, but not one representing what speed my fan is at. Might sound silly, but it’s not to me.

A better example, They don’t have a image that would allow me to add it to a multiswitch button that allows me to put my house in “sleep mode”. Day light house during the day, turns to night time house when I press it for at night. Since I can’t add my own multi-stage image (I know that’s not the right term…LOL), then I am stuck using a static image which offers very little information about it.[/quote]

I don’t use a fan, so no need for the widget… but here’s something else i do that might work for you.

if there is an actual control that does work, just not the appropriate icon, then use that. Then take a picture of your actual fan (or grab web image) and use that as the background, with the control superimposed over the top.

If there isn’t a control for it, then create 4 scenes (e.g.), Off, low, medium and high. Then create four associated dashboard tiles. Remove any icons, use background picture as above, and create the appropriate action text for each. This actually works really well, and looks highly customized. Just takes up more tiles.

A better example, They don’t have a image that would allow me to add it to a multiswitch button that allows me to put my house in “sleep mode”. Day light house during the day, turns to night time house when I press it for at night. Since I can’t add my own multi-stage image (I know that’s not the right term…LOL), then I am stuck using a static image which offers very little information about it.[/quote]

I don’t use a fan, so no need for the widget… but here’s something else i do that might work for you.

if there is an actual control that does work, just not the appropriate icon, then use that. Then take a picture of your actual fan (or grab web image) and use that as the background, with the control superimposed over the top.

If there isn’t a control for it, then create 4 scenes (e.g.), Off, low, medium and high. Then create four associated dashboard tiles. Remove any icons, use background picture as above, and create the appropriate action text for each. This actually works really well, and looks highly customized. Just takes up more tiles.[/quote]

I just use the generic “widget” they have for fan… I just though it was funny that there are like 8 widgets for dimmers, but none for fans. How hard could it REALLY be?!

I did see your reply thanks. However I agree there should be more animated on / off type icons available by default. Veramate for iOS was brilliant for the amount of icons, however most of my devices are Android and I’ve been using and very happy with Authomation app for several years.

But ImperiHome looks just the ticket for even more customisation for say a wall mounted tablet. But if I have to go to the hassle of working out how to put new icons on each tablet and then they are only static, I probably wouldn’t proceed and buy the pro version. I’ll test out the app some more first but the lack of icons really detracts from probably how good the app actually is and how you can create your own dashboards which is why people might prefer it over other apps.

Thank you