Feature requests

Hi

OK I’ve been through each room in list view and assigned what icons I could to devices and scenes etc.

Below are the types of icons that are missing and need adding to the app IMHO.

Security Cameras

Outdoor Dome
Indoor PTZ

HVAC

Fireplace
Free standing Fan
Ceiling Fan
Air Conditioner
Water / Tap

Lighting

Outdoor Wall Light
Outdoor Lawn Lights
Outdoor Security Light

Ceiling Light(s)
Table Lamp
LED Lights (RGBW)
Bulb icon multiple
Some wall light switches
Christmas Tree

AV Equipment

Games Consoles
HTPC XBMC/Kodi icon
AVR
Sonos / Squeezebox
Set top box (Cable/SAT)
TV
Projector
Amplifier
Ceiling Speakers
File Server / NAS

Home / Rooms

Some house icons
Bed / Sleep
Some room type icons? Dinning / Lounge / Sofa / Kitchen etc
More door types and windows / curtains icons?
Garage Door
Patio Door / Window
Lawn Sprinkler
Door bell button
Electrical wall socket
At home or away icons

I think most of these icons were available in Veramate I no longer have an iOS device so can’t look at them now. Can they not just use the same icon packs?

For each room in list view under the name / title of the room, I have added in that box there an actual photo of each of my rooms which looks good. And I love the “Define Camera as icon” for my front / back garden (rooms).

Thanks

[quote=“NickTheGreat, post:54, topic:178887”]i’m disappointed in the no weather. A weather radar map, and even a Google maps traffic map would be cool.

I’ve tried the wunderground stickers thing, with not much success. I’m new, so I’m still a-learning[/quote]

Yes I agree, I’m looking at the dashboards now and I’d also like some basic weather information.

Also I don’t like the fact that in the free version there is not one dashboard layout page that has all the place holders available for use. Which makes evaluating the dashboard feature more difficult.

I’m sure the app is worth the money that they are asking for it and I probably will buy the pro version, but you’d expect at least one fully working page layout?

Also there doesn’t appear to be a Devices Widget for the Android home screen? Only Scenes. I can see there is also a dashboard shortcut widget and camera and voice widgets but no devices widget?

However apart from the real lack of icons and these few points, I really like the app so far. But I would like to see some support for the mios 3rd Party add-ons like the Squeezebox one. This is where Authomation excels as they support several mios add-ons.

Hi

There seems to be a few more icons when adding dashboard devices, for example I added my fan and could see a tornado icon. However when in list view as opposed to dashboard view you cannot see the same tornado icon. So there are some more icons available for dashboard but they cannot be seen or selected in list view for some reason, either way the app needs more default icons.

Likewise when in dashboard mode there is a cloud icon with ZZZ in it (sleep). Yet in list view mode I can’t see or select this icon.

Iam liking the dashboards so far, I’ve setup two pages and can really start to see the apps advantages!

Thanks

I hope everyone understands that this is a Vera not ImperiHome forum. Most of your complaints/requests will go unanswered here unless it’s something one of us can fix. ImperiHome has a Google+ group that you can join, and they seem very responsive to requests from their beta testers.

Also you can submit icons here to be included in upcoming releases: http://www.imperihome.com/icons-submission/

https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203063998-How-can-I-join-ImperiHome-BETA-testing-program-

I emailed their support and gave them some links to this thread already. First reply from them was what you just said about submitting icons to them, but I want to know when their devs will be adding some more default icons as suggested.

"Hello,

The list of suggested icons is indeed very interesting and be sure we would love to be able to add more icons more frequently.
However, we need to adjust development priorities and can not always match with everyone’s requirements.
This is the reason why we offered an alternative to our users through the icons submission form.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

The ImperiHome Team"

That sounds like a no then!

I’ve emailed James at Veramate see if we can use their icons if they are open source?

[quote=“joey52685, post:64, topic:178887”]I hope everyone understands that this is a Vera not ImperiHome forum. Most of your complaints/requests will go unanswered here unless it’s something one of us can fix. ImperiHome has a Google+ group that you can join, and they seem very responsive to requests from their beta testers.

Also you can submit icons here to be included in upcoming releases: http://www.imperihome.com/icons-submission/

https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203063998-How-can-I-join-ImperiHome-BETA-testing-program-[/quote]

When I started this thread Imperihome was much MUCH more active on these forums. They have sense stopped visiting so often. So when I did start this thread, I thought it was a good place to do it since they visited so often. It’s sad that they don’t visit that much anymore.

edit: you’ll also notice that the “moderator” of this subforum is “Imperihome”, while sure, perhaps their g+ group is now a better place, I can easily see how people think it’s appropriate to post here.

[quote=“SirMeili, post:67, topic:178887”][quote=“joey52685, post:64, topic:178887”]I hope everyone understands that this is a Vera not ImperiHome forum. Most of your complaints/requests will go unanswered here unless it’s something one of us can fix. ImperiHome has a Google+ group that you can join, and they seem very responsive to requests from their beta testers.

https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203063998-How-can-I-join-ImperiHome-BETA-testing-program-[/quote]

When I started this thread Imperihome was much MUCH more active on these forums. They have sense stopped visiting so often. So when I did start this thread, I thought it was a good place to do it since they visited so often. It’s sad that they don’t visit that much anymore.

edit: you’ll also notice that the “moderator” of this subforum is “Imperihome”, while sure, perhaps their g+ group is now a better place, I can easily see how people think it’s appropriate to post here.[/quote]

I think this was inevitable now that they support so many other hubs and devices. They can’t be on every forum at once.