Feature requests

1. Have the app act as a launcher. This way pressing home takes you to this app. I’m not sure this is possible, but it would be nice. With the ability to add apps I would use this for my tablets that are dedicated to home controllers.

2. Have the screen saver actually turn the screen off. I’m not sure how possible it is but my nexus 7 2012 just goes to a black screen. Would be nice if it turned it off and the camera could turn it back on (assuming you has the unlock type in android set to “None” otherwise you would still need to unlock it)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I thought I would just add a note. I found a launcher called “Target Home launcher” that launches your app of choice when you click the “home” button. It’s not perfect (for instance it will very quickly reload the app as it tries to load the launcher first). This however, does give me the effect of clicking the home button and going to imerihome.

Thanks for the feedback ! (and for the hint using Target Home Launcher) We’ll look what we can do about that.

About the screensaver, we keep the screen on cause the unlock methods (camera motion or touching the screen) need to have the screen turned on (even if we try to decrease brightness to the minimum). I think there may be a way of managing the Camera Motion without the screen turned on (see alternative method, link below), for ‘touch’ unlocking I think we have to keep it on :s.

If you don’t use the wake up by ‘touch’, perhaps you can try the alternative method using third party app for motion detection : [url=https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201369913]https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201369913[/url]

Best,

Ok, so I was able to accomplish #2 as well. I’m using an app called motion detector (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jastrzab.move&hl=en) to detect motion and then Tasker to turn the screen on. It took me a bit to get it all working out, but it does what I need it to do (it allows the screen to turn off, then be turned back on)

Knowing this, I know that the Imperihome team can accomplish this when they have time (keep the camera on with the screen off). For the touch motion, I’m sure you can’t turn the screen off. Maybe you could add an option for “camera only” activation that turns the screen off and turns it back on with motion.

I’ve also been playing with the new Vera Plugin and I have a few requests for that one.

1)How about some way of sending data back like “turn on screen”. This way if a scene was started I can turn on the screen and go to a specific page (the latter you already allow) (this could be done via #2 below)
2)Allow the user to activate a button on the screen or interact with the UI? Another option is allow me through Vera to send different events to Tasker. I’m not sure how far the tasker integration can go in as I would like to be able to tell TAsker very specific events (like a scene started…and this is the scene) so that I can use tasker to accomplish a lot of this

So, I think with the above, I can easily accomplish the following:

Someone rings the doorbell, vera turns on one or more Tablet screens, and turns to the page with the front door camera on it.

Ok, so this may not be as needed as I thought. Using VeraAlerts and tasker, I am now able to turn on the tablet from Vera.

I set up VeraAlerts on my Nexus 7 for Lan Alerts (it is also set up for the Google ones, but for the Home automation stuff, I will stick to the LAN and use the Google ones for general alerts)
I told tasker to:
1: set %imperihomeRunning = 1 when ImperiHome is the active app
2: set %imperihomeRunning = 0 when ImperiHome is no longer the active app
3: listen for VeraAlert’s notifications. For my tests, I just sent “wake” and with that I turn on the screen, if %imperihomeRunning = 0 tasker opens the app, if 1 i does nothing.

Then I set up a scene on the Vera:
1: Immediately told VeraAlerts to send an alert to that tablet with the text “wake”
2: after 2 seconds I told the imperiHome plugin that is associated with that app to set the app to page “3”

I used a scene for now just as a proof of concept. I plan on doing such things as (using scenes or PLEG ):

1. When someone enters the bathroom and turns on a light, it will turn on the bathroom tablet, make sure the ImperiHome is open, and go to Page 3 (the bathroom Page).
  2. When someone rings the doorbell (I don’t have one yet :frowning: ) turn on all tablets, open Imperihome, and go to the page that has the video feed for the front port
  3. I also have the motion detection working, so some of the tablets will awaken when they sense motion nearby (I will have to test this). This is currently using the tasker implementation and not the IH one since I can turn the screen off with the tasker version

Hi,

Just published 2.0.11 upgrade with improvements to the GoToPage API call (and through vera plugin).
Now the call to GoToPage should do what you want SirMeili : wake-up the tablet from sleep, launch app (or take it to foreground), and go to required page; all with only 1 API call.

Let us know it this fits your need :slight_smile:

That is amazing and I will report back once I’ve tested. The Tasker setup was not the best solution. This is, so I"m happy you were able to do it.

THANKS!!

Quick update, it does in fact do what I wanted. Thanks!

One small issue though. The app auto updated and I noticed that it was updates so I ran to my computer (with tablet in hand) to try it out. It didn’t work at first. I guess the updating of the app closed it out and it never re-opened. I’m curious if this will be an issue in the future with auto updates. I’m not sure its anything the ImperiHome can do about it. Is there a way to autorestart after an update? Also, is there a way to make sure Android doesn’t close the app (or if it does keep a service running to listen for calls from the vera).

It is possible that some of that is already done.

I found a small bug in this functionality.

launch app (or take it to foreground)

On my nexus 7 (2012) it actually will not launch the app if another is in focus and if I’m on the home screen it actually launches the last app opened. So if I had Hulu PLus opened, it reopens hulu plus, not ImperiHome. I’ve tried with other apps.

Thanks a lot for the feedback ! We will look into that to fix this asap :slight_smile:

Best,

I just got started with vera and your app pretty much convinced me that vera was the way to go. I have setup a Nexus 7 in the pogo dock and everything is working as planned. Between camera stills, tasker, nfc, and TTS I feel your app is amazing and near perfection. However, there is just one BIG thing missing IMO. I am not able to see my ad2usb keypad, this is a vital piece of my little HA puzzle and I just assumed it would be there. Is this something you could possibly look into supporting?

Thank you very much for this awesome app,

Is there any known issue with having Imperihome wake up using the camera for the Motorola XOOM tablet ? I have been accomplishing this functionality using the motion detection app and the turn screen as described in the forum, but I find that it is a little flaky at times and stops working. I would ideally like to have this working directly through Imperihome. It doesn’t seem to work on the XOOM tablet…I was just wondering if perhaps this device running Ice Cream Sandwhich is known to not work with this functionality…any ideas or possible configuration or setting I may be missing to have this working correctly ?

Thanks !

Hi,

Erg sorry about that : we do not have this particular device and did not have particular feedback about it. I would say that if the motion detector app (alternative method) does not work well, then the pure imperihome method won’t perform better.
An alternative-alternative method would be to trigger ImperiHome wake-up through the Vera plugin (with the API) + Vera scene when a ZWave motion detector device is triggered ?

Best,

[quote=“kboxvegas, post:11, topic:178887”]I just got started with vera and your app pretty much convinced me that vera was the way to go. I have setup a Nexus 7 in the pogo dock and everything is working as planned. Between camera stills, tasker, nfc, and TTS I feel your app is amazing and near perfection. However, there is just one BIG thing missing IMO. I am not able to see my ad2usb keypad, this is a vital piece of my little HA puzzle and I just assumed it would be there. Is this something you could possibly look into supporting?

Thank you very much for this awesome app,[/quote]

Agree… same problem here. Thought it would be there. VERY MUCH NEEDED

[quote=“tomgru, post:14, topic:178887”](AD2USB alarm plugin support)
Agree… same problem here. Thought it would be there. VERY MUCH NEEDED[/quote]

Dev is currently in progress on the alarm panel subject. Just send you by email a testing version of the app to see if it works with your installation.

Other people interested in testing : just get back to us in PM

After trying Imperihome’s latest version today, I wanted to suggest the following enhancements.

? Plugin - OpenSprinkler
? Plugin - Calculated Power Meter
? Plugin - Wundergorund (Conditions and Wind Directions/Speed…and maybe even graphics of data for day…or animated radar map)
? Plugin - Philips Hue Color Presets (1-6) or full color control
? Change Tablet LCD Brightness depending on Day/Night
? Allow MJPEG streams from Vera Configuration. I currently have to have to add duplicate MJPEG cameras even though the DirectStreamingURL variable is configured correctly (for other remotes like AutHomation and Grasshopper)
? Allow MJPEG streams in dashboard widget/room views (without needing to go full screen). Faster tablets should be able to handle 10 or so MJPEG streams. The JPEG refresh is about once every 3 seconds even though it’s on continues refresh mode.
? Add smaller tiles option (5 x 4) layout option for larger 1080p tablets
? Allow a camera in the dashboard to flash it’s background red when it’s associated motion sensor is tripped.
? Allow optional “link” to another dashboard on a composite sensors (in my instance, "Doors or Windows Open’. This will allow you to create a dashboard page to “drill down” on what sensor is tripped. Another option is opening a menu where you allow you to individually view status/control the associated devices of a composite.
? Show next Google Calendar appointment or task in dashboard widget.

I would like to see a larger collection of icons for greater customization. I like the style of icons included and finding decent HA icons is proving difficult. I’m especially looking for fan icons (ceiling fan and pedestal fan).

Also, it would be nice to have the option to store the alarm PIN in the settings. I know the security risk involved; you could warn users with a pop-up message. But some of us use this on a wall mounted tablet in the home.

+1 for better tiles.

For Thermostat modes of Cooling/Heating/Fan/Off…should also have a different icon

Just noticed that Emperihome (dash view) does not support open Therm plugin; I don’t need all the fancy stuff (in the widget) but I want it seen by Emperihome as a thermostat (setpoint and actual temp) like my ‘old’ on/off zwave one would do. Quite essential and basic functionality.

Can you please look into this and/or tell me how I need to get this working?

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:16, topic:178887”]After trying Imperihome’s latest version today, I wanted to suggest the following enhancements.

? Plugin - OpenSprinkler
? Plugin - Calculated Power Meter
? Plugin - Wundergorund (Conditions and Wind Directions/Speed…and maybe even graphics of data for day…or animated radar map)
? Plugin - Philips Hue Color Presets (1-6) or full color control
? Change Tablet LCD Brightness depending on Day/Night
? Allow MJPEG streams from Vera Configuration. I currently have to have to add duplicate MJPEG cameras even though the DirectStreamingURL variable is configured correctly (for other remotes like AutHomation and Grasshopper)
? Allow MJPEG streams in dashboard widget/room views (without needing to go full screen). Faster tablets should be able to handle 10 or so MJPEG streams. The JPEG refresh is about once every 3 seconds even though it’s on continues refresh mode.
? Add smaller tiles option (5 x 4) layout option for larger 1080p tablets
? Allow a camera in the dashboard to flash it’s background red when it’s associated motion sensor is tripped.
? Allow optional “link” to another dashboard on a composite sensors (in my instance, "Doors or Windows Open’. This will allow you to create a dashboard page to “drill down” on what sensor is tripped. Another option is opening a menu where you allow you to individually view status/control the associated devices of a composite.
? Show next Google Calendar appointment or task in dashboard widget.[/quote]

+1