Feature requests

Like to add to the list.

When the screensaver activates the screen dims how about instead showing a nice large clock like dynamic notifications. Since installing a 10 inch tablet in my Kitchen and removing the clock I find myself looking for time and staring at a black tablet. Works good when I’m moving in-front of it though :wink:

Maybe a combined door-lock and door/window sensor widget?

I found the Split system icon a little rough and ugly is there a way to edit it myself?

And still pushing for the app to be a “launcher”

Amazing app with lots of great features. One thing I’d like to see (unless I just missed it) is the ability to change the font [size=12pt]size[/size] for the names of tiles. it would be easy to get too big, but there seems to be some room. My wife is visually impaired, so any change would help.

I’m also using background colors to help her distinguish different types of devices, and I love the color selection wheel, but I find it difficult to pick the same color for multiple tiles. Is there a way to pick a color and then use that several times?

Last request on the display readability. Is there an easy way to pick white or black for text color? if I use a light color background, the white text doesn’t give good contrast, and the color picker doesn’t let me find plain black.

Have I mentioned I love this app? Thanks!

Is there a way to set the icon color for the alarm widget to change depending on status?
For example, I’d like it to be green when disarmed and red when armed. Just as a visual indicator that’s easily discerned.

Overall, I love the app. Definitely worth the money.

Future feature

*) Ability to choose a dashboard screen that Imperihome would revert to after X seconds. e.g. to enable a ‘Home’ screen being the default displayed after the screen wake up

[quote=“dmckenna, post:24, topic:178887”]Future feature

*) Ability to choose a dashboard screen that Imperihome would revert to after X seconds. e.g. to enable a ‘Home’ screen being the default displayed after the screen wake up[/quote]

Good idea this can be done with vera and the api just send command to change page after x minutes

[quote=“Javelin, post:25, topic:178887”][quote=“dmckenna, post:24, topic:178887”]Future feature

*) Ability to choose a dashboard screen that Imperihome would revert to after X seconds. e.g. to enable a ‘Home’ screen being the default displayed after the screen wake up[/quote]

Good idea this can be done with vera and the api just send command to change page after x minutes[/quote]

You would have to have the app tell the plugin on vera that the page was changed and that currently doesn’t happen. I don’t always change to a page to do something. sometimes it’s just to check the status of something. In this case there would be no way for the Vera plugin to know to change it back after x minutes (not to mention, you’d really want after X minutes of no interaction, not just X minutes since you switched to it).

[quote=“dmckenna, post:24, topic:178887”]Future feature

+1

One more future feature request please…

An alternative Energy gauge for Solar PV installations that has the Zero point in the top middle that then swings either left (for export, negative Watt use) or right (for import, positive Watt use). It could take the same form factor as the existing energy gauge and I reckon most of the logic has already been programmed, just really requiring support for negative wattage.

By using this new gauge with the Power Arithmetic Vera plugin (support for this in Imperihome would also be appreciated) the user would instantly be able to see what the actually, real time energy use really is in the home.

Would it be possible to home the ‘rooms’ from different sources / systems collapsed into a single list?

For example, I have ‘bedroom’ and ‘home office’ defined as rooms in my vera, netatmo and koubachi. This results in 3x ‘bedroom’ and 3x ‘home office’.

It would be a lot neater if all of the ‘home office’ devices were put into a single list and all of the ‘bedroom’ were together on another list.

Otherwise, loving the ImperiHome !

[quote=“patersom82, post:29, topic:178887”]Would it be possible to home the ‘rooms’ from different sources / systems collapsed into a single list?

For example, I have ‘bedroom’ and ‘home office’ defined as rooms in my vera, netatmo and koubachi. This results in 3x ‘bedroom’ and 3x ‘home office’.

It would be a lot neater if all of the ‘home office’ devices were put into a single list and all of the ‘bedroom’ were together on another list.

Otherwise, loving the ImperiHome ![/quote]

As a workaround, have one screen per physical room and place all the devices for that room on one screen. Then have one screen as in index page that contains a link to each screen/room. You could also dedicate one tile on each screen to be a ‘Home’ or ‘Index’ link - then you can navigate very quickly without any issues.

That’s a great idea…
I have a page per room, camera view and weather http widget and swiping between them is cool…but your idea could definitely speed things along.
Thanks!

Suggestion for Alarm Control:

For Arm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with buttons for “Away”, “Stay”, etc.

For Disarm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with a single button for “Disarm”

[quote=“clippermiami, post:32, topic:178887”]Suggestion for Alarm Control:

For Arm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with buttons for “Away”, “Stay”, etc.

For Disarm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with a single button for “Disarm”[/quote]

That would be awesome!

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:33, topic:178887”][quote=“clippermiami, post:32, topic:178887”]Suggestion for Alarm Control:

For Disarm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with a single button for “Disarm”[/quote]

That would be awesome![/quote]

That’s why i don’t use the latest ImperiHome Alarm Control, additional steps. i’m doing mine with Virtual Switches and stored PINs but at least my family has only to hit a single “button” to ARM AWAY or ARM INSTANT.

I use my Yale Keypad Locks at Garage or Entryway to disarm the alarm. It arms 60 seconds after a hit an exit button and all doors are closed for more than a a minute. Also, I auto arm alarm/lock doors/roll down blinds after no motion detected in the house for an hour (and not bedtime) after a few audible warnings at 30, 50, 55, and 59 minutes prior.

However, it would be nice to use this as an internal home keypad to disarm the Simple Alarm Plugin via Imperihome…and protect it with a PIN(s).

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:35, topic:178887”]I use my Yale Keypad Locks at Garage or Entryway to disarm the alarm. It arms 60 seconds after a hit an exit button is hit and all doors are close for more than a a minute. Also, I auto arm alarm/lock doors/roll down blinds after no motion detected in the house for an hour (and not bedtime).

However, it would be nice to use this as an internal home keypad to disarm the alarm…and protect it with a PIN(s).[/quote]

I’ve debated using the lock keypad to disarm my DSC system and haven’t decided yet. I have configuration in the alarm system PLEG to do it, it’s just a matter of making the decision and turning it on.

[quote=“clippermiami, post:32, topic:178887”]Suggestion for Alarm Control:

That would be great! I’d like to combine with the ability for VERA to make ImperiHome beep / make different sounds.

The scenario I have in mind is like a traditional burglar alarm… front door is tripped, ImperiHome device is triggered by VERA to start beeping, user enters PIN to trigger disarm / ‘at home’ scenes or whatever.

[quote=“patersom82, post:37, topic:178887”][quote=“clippermiami, post:32, topic:178887”]Suggestion for Alarm Control:

That would be great! I’d like to combine with the ability for VERA to make ImperiHome beep / make different sounds.

The scenario I have in mind is like a traditional burglar alarm… front door is tripped, ImperiHome device is triggered by VERA to start beeping, user enters PIN to trigger disarm / ‘at home’ scenes or whatever.[/quote]

I have two tablets running ImperiHome, one in the Kitchen and one in the Master Bedroom. The PLEG that catches the alarm sensors is configured to have both tablets announce where the alarm is violated i.e. Garage, Study, etc.

The Kitchen tablet also announces:

• the type of Arm request “Alarm Arming Away” or “Alarm Arming Instant”,
  • when the “Exit Delay Active”
  • and when the Alarm finally arms after the the exist delay “Alarm Armed”.
    Similarly it announces “Alarm Disarmed” when that cycle is complete.

I’d love to have the voice of HAL … the kids love it when it talks to them “Sorry Dave I can’t do that … just kidding Arming Away”, it would be terrific in the voice of HAL but apparently the only TTS voice available is the generic one :slight_smile:

I’m considering running ImperiHome on an “old” SmartPhone to be mounted inside the Front Door and configured to arming/disarming the alarm, and controlling a few lights. The current ImperiHome mechanism is too cumbersome for this so I’ve been holding off. If they did implement the combined keypad/function button approach then I’ll probably put the phone by the door.

Hello

One thing that I would find usefull is to be able to go directly to camera view (full screen) with an API call.

Eg. when the door bell rings, the tablet(s) will show the full camera page automatically.

Regards
Tommy

Yeah mine currently goes to a page but a direct like option be good aswell