Eternal problems of the Vera app

Exactly the point…you use these kind of tools for realtime communication then take that output and push it internally to Jira or Confluence etc. So the value of skype in the above example as a tool to facilitate realtime communication which then results in internal documents to be created. Ideally internal documents created (with proper ticket numbers etc) would encompass all the discussion therefore historical storage is provided by the internal systems.

And that is what Gabriel said when he mentioned giving access to these…

My point is that impermanent realtime communication is a variant of the telephone. We (modern business) don’t rely on telephone calls alone. That conversation held in real-time is only valuable if it is accurately captured.

The process is calls result in written minutes which are distributed to the attendees and signed off on as accurate. If you don’t have those last two steps, its back to he-said/she-said.

Our ticket system is the start of the process. 'User X needs a thing that does Y." There is a conversation with the user that is captured in the ticket, which the user can see. If the user disagrees with the request as captured, they can document the disputed items in the ticket, which one would hope get addressed prior to scheduling.

There are developer only steps that the user can’t see, but they can tell the tickets status, which usually has a predicted implementation date and/or describes blockers.

Depending on the request, the user may be required to do UAT or provide test cases for validation prior to production deployment.

Release notes will reference the oroginal request ticket when it is deployed.

I have seen some variant of this process as the norm over the past 30yrs.

In my construction engineering days “tickets” were known as “change orders” but its all request tracking, documentation, implementation, and validation.

yup, you are describing the process we follow in the main…

So a developer asks for a thing. They get a ticket number and can log into the system to make sure the ask described is accurate and see the status?

Awesome

2 Likes

I recall the guys over at CyanogenMod (creator of custom ROMs for Android devices, now LineageOS) used precisely such a bug-tracking system, which we beta testers and general users alike could reference.

The value of all that was (a) being able to check whether the bug in question had already been reported, (b) its current status, (c) add notes to clarify parameters, (d) offer workarounds, and (e) receive notification whenever the ticket updates.

Glad to hear ezlo is already using such a thing internally. Now, imagine how many user-hours could be spared by granting access to everyone, instead of us having to root around (often aimlessly) in the Forum for solutions!!

I am still surprised how long it takes for such system-wide workflow upgrades to implement. Surely the two-way flow of information would be of sufficient benefit as to warrant an hours-to-days timeframe instead of months-years? One can see how developers – accustomed to quick turn-arounds – could get frustrated and bolt.

1 Like

Waiiittt… @melih said the process was mainly as I described.

If 3rd party devs don’t have access to any of it, that’s not the process I described. Which of the 9ish steps i described are not available?

1. User adds ticket with request 'User X needs a thing that does Y."

2. Clarifications are captured in the ticket

3. Can amend the ticket

4. Ticket is moved to back office

5-8. ticket status is updated at milestones (e.g. queued, in progress, uat, release)

1. User confirms complete
1 Like

Hi,
good night. the problem happened again. I contacted the technical support, who after a week, told me to install and uninstall the application.

Leave a private message with the serial number and the approx times you encountered the issue. This week we have started optimizing some Alexa related settings and this should have not happened.

Thanks !

@adina.porea need help. the problem happened again. whenever I lose the connection to Wi-Fi and the smartphone changes to 4g, the application stops working. when I leave the house it is problematic because this change is made and the alarms and gates are not activated. I already spoke with the technical support and what they ask me to do delete app ask for the iOS version or the version of the app and then they say they can’t do anything because it’s beyond their capabilities
Ths

Hi everyone,

FYI, the Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker Tracker is here - Public Bug Tracker - Ezlo Community

Feedback is welcome.
Thanks everyone.

1 Like

good afternoon … The problem continues … there were more people with the same problem. With the new update everything remains the same. It is more than a month that technical assistance is unable to solve the problem. The app update was released 2 days ago and everything remains the same … The app cannot switch from wifi to 4G without having to close the application

good evening. my problem remains the same. I already asked for help on the forum, I already opened a ticket on the website jira.mios, I already spoke with the technical support and everything remains the same … the Vera app when switching from 4G to Wi-Fi or from Wi-Fi to 4G, runs out work … more users have reported the problem. a simple thing like opening and closing the entrance gate of the house, it becomes an impossible task … an example: my smartphone is always connected to the Wi-Fi of the house, when I go out I open the gate with the app, when the car leaves and I try to close the gate the app has already switched from Wi-Fi to 4G, it is immediately blocked and I can’t close the gate … can someone help me?

Same problem here. When I change from 4G to WLAN I have to shoot down the app and restart.

1 Like

it is incredible that they cannot solve this problem that causes so much trouble … a problem with more than 2 years!

I have had that issue with a lot of apps with iOS. Are you sure this isn’t a limitation with IOS? Have you ever opened a trouble ticket for this?

I am curious, what does Imperihome do that Vera’s own app doesn’t do?
Years ago, I used a third party app and then switched to Vera’s app. You clearly are passionate about Vera or you wouldn’t be on this forum. I personally feel it would be helpful if you gave constructive criticism so they can add the features to the Vera app.

It appears to me that you are frustrated about the past. There is a new sheriff in town. If you want something, you should ask for it. Frankly, I haven’t see many companies out there where the CEO is on the forums and he is asking for suggestions. Things don’t get turned around overnight. I complained a lot in the past about Vera. Frankly, I have seen a huge improvement on many of my devices since Ezlo took over. This isn’t saying that a lot more needs to be done.

1 Like

Imperihome was a dashboard app where you could create different dashboard pages and customise them to display the devices and scenes and widgets that you wanted.

The Vera mobile app is not that.

Imperihome is dead and EOL now anyway. I am currently using the Home Remote dashboard app.

By any chance, do you have any old screen shots? Maybe if you write it up, it could be added to the wish list of new features that they plan on adding. They have been very open to suggestions. I am hoping that if we keep giving the new company constructive criticism and show them things the community wants, they will add the features.

1 Like

Try here:

1 Like