Coolest Looking Vera Tablet Interface for Wall Mount

This looks like a wall-mount wireless charger that would keep a tablet on a wall.

I hope that this product can become a reality. Amazon indicates that it is “Not yet Released”.

For those that go with the HP 21" Android Slate, here is how I have it mounted on the wall:

Super happy and it looks great!

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:42, topic:179087”]For those that go with the HP 21" Android Slate, here is how I have it mounted on the wall:

Super happy and it looks great![/quote]

MUST HAVE PICs!!!

[quote=“TC1, post:39, topic:179087”]@AgileHumor, I too am considering a large Windows or Android touchscreen for House Automation control on our first floor, but I also want it to double as an HDMI monitor that I can feed whatever is on my main TV (for sports game viewing from any angle in the house). Do you know of any large tablets that also accept an HDMI input?

If I can’t find one then I might go the large 23 - 27" touchscreen monitor route, 1x2 HDMI remote switch, then mount a small Intel NUC mini PC to the back of it. Will then end up running a Windows version of some Vera control software.[/quote]

@TC1, check out the Viewsonic’s. They have HDMI in, but are lacking some features like external volume controls. Make sure to read the reviews. There is a 22" on Woot Computers today that is ok. It’s a few years old, but it is likely good enough to run Authomation or Imerpihome.:

Woot link: http://computers.woot.com/offers/viewsonic-22-full-hd-touch-smart-display?ref=cnt_dly_tl

Viewsonic has some newer ones. There is a white one comparable to the HP, but costs more:

and they have a new one coming out at the end of the month, but I like the “all white” of the one above. IT also has a full HDMI port instead of the mini-HDMI of the 22" version

Edit: the viewsonic’s also can act as Citrix thin clients as well using an app for the android side.

Nice, I like the 24" Viewsonic. Thanks!

Just note that the 23" comes out at the end of this month (I believe) and it has a Tegra4 (instead of Tegra3) and runs a newer version of Jellybean (too bad they didn’t put KitKat on it, but at least you get Project “butter”)

Where’s your man card? Bigger (24") is always better ;D

LOL…the 24" also LOOKS better with the all white case. It is likely what I will get (or the HP like @AgileHumor has), however, I was thinking some might prefer it because the newer specs might mean it will last longer, though honestly, Viewsonic doesn’t seem to want to update the Android versions on these “smart displays”.

[quote=“AgileHumor”]For those that go with the HP 21" Android Slate, here is how I have it mounted on the wall:

Super happy and it looks great![/quote]

Yeah @AgileHumor, give us some pics please (if you have time that is :grin:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of the Android HP Slate 21.

I really like this slim Vesa wall mount and the Passive Power over Cat5 injectors. I prewired a single cat 5 and put a single gang blanking panel at a few spots in the house and use this for powering digital picture frames as well as the Slate.

PS - If anyone knows a way to root the HP Slate, please do share. Can’t figure out a way to reboot it nightly :frowning:

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:50, topic:179087”]Here are some pics of the Android HP Slate 21.

I really like this slim Vesa wall mount and the Passive Power over Cat5 injectors. I prewired a single cat 5 and put a single gang blanking panel at a few spots in the house and use this for powering digital picture frames as well as the Slate.

PS - If anyone knows a way to root the HP Slate, please do share. Can’t figure out a way to reboot it nightly :([/quote]

Interesting. I’m planning on running a 12V distribution around the attic and bringing it out to blank Double Gang plates in the ceiling corner of various rooms to use for internal WiFi cameras attached to my Blue Iris (that way I can control that the internal cameras are active only when the alarm system is active.) I may change that to CAT 5+POE instead and drop some down the walls in key locations after seeing this.

@agilehumor, looks great. But why do you need to reboot the slate nightly?

Once a week it seems to hang running Imperihopme or doing something else. I tried uninstalling most apps. It now only is mostly Imperhome, with occasional grubhub or google maps app.

My other option is to cycle the power supply before the passive POE injector. It’s meant to be a desktop vs portable design so this 21" android “tablet” has no battery.

This might be the best option so I can turn it off to save energy when the home is unoccupied/away mode. It does boot right to Imperihome.

Bummer, I got it hooked to a Z-Wave switchable outlet…but found that there is no “power on after power loss”…and no BIOS to change this setting :wink: I have to then power it on manually.

Does anyone knows of a way to reboot a Android tablet (4.2.2) without rooting?

Nightly heal (or any Vera reboot) causes Imperihome to get “disconnected”. Doesn’t say when it becomes disconnected (looks like the dashboard)…but the data is inaccurate/stale by many hours when I awake each morning.

Did you just try to cycle the network via Tasker (i.e. toggle the WIFI off then on).

I finds that this makes my tablet start communicating with the outside world again!

I’ll try that. Haven’t done too much with Tasker yet.

My Slate 21 has ethernet (which is awesome for running 8 cameras with 1s refreshes). Turning wifi on turns ethernet off…so maybe that will work.

Appreciate the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking installation, Rich1983.

[quote=“Rich1983, post:57, topic:179087”]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Nice install.
What app is that?

[quote=“Jamr”][quote=“Rich1983, post:57, topic:179087”]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Nice install.
What app is that?[/quote]

It’s homewave :slight_smile: