Coolest Looking Vera Tablet Interface for Wall Mount

Since you mentioned LCARS and tablet wall mounts, I wanted to share my tablet mount solution.

http://www.controlmypad.com/projects.html

The picture just shows the LCARS clock that someone made for WebOS, but the tablet also boots Android ICS so I could run the iRule LCARS skin too.

The only disadvantage I see with the Bright Switches is that all of my switch boxes are too low on the wall for me to be able to access any information on the screen, but with a simple interface (dimmer slider and a couple status indicators) I guess it could work as they have shown it. I tried doing something similar with iPod touches when I realized my project linked above instead.

Drool…very nice setup too…no wires showing.

Live long and prosper my friend.

I bought a cheap snap on back for my Nexus 7 and mounted a Qi (wireless) charger to it. I then cut a hole in the wall, ran electrical to place an outlet in the wall, then used that to power the USB adapter for the Qi charger. I then used 3M tape to adhere the back to my wall. I can easily remove the Nexus 7 for normal use.

Very clean mount!

I wish there was some good mounts for a Microsoft Surface. I want to upgrade to a Nokia tablet (with built in internet via cellular) and would love to mount this on the wall.

Sadly, I haven’t seen an interface that has tempted me to move on an iPad or Android after playing with them for a bit on my Fiance’s ipad and kindle fire.

Just a heads up, don’t mix up Android tablets and the Kindle Fire. While the Fire is indeed based on Android, the interface is different (OS interface). Granted, if you’re talking about the app interfaces, then they would be the same. I would give a Nexus tablet a try if you can. I find I like the base Android experience. And if you are looking for a tablet jsut for HA, then check out the 2012 Nexus 7. Not the best, but good enough for HA and even watching Hulu, Netflix, etc.

Check this thing out. It looks pretty nice.

http://www.flow7.co.uk/

Can’t seem to actually buy it anywhere though.

[quote=“S-F, post:26, topic:179087”]Check this thing out. It looks pretty nice.

http://www.flow7.co.uk/

Can’t seem to actually buy it anywhere though.[/quote]

Now that is slick!

It seems to be new. I couldn’t find any purchasing information either.

I sent an email to Habitech asking for purchasing options and pricing. I will let you know.

Here is what I got back.

We do not advertise prices or anything as we are a Trade-Only organisation.
If you wish to purchase these units, you would need to set up a Proforma Account which requires the attached forms filled in.

Once the account is on our system you will be able to buy the units. Shipping would need to be organised by you I?m afraid as we can only do UK shipments and I believe you are US based is that correct?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Graham Nash

Tel: 01420 540054
Email: graham.nash@habitech.co.uk
www.habitech.co.uk
Tel. 01420 54 00 54
21 Caker Stream Road, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QA

That flow7 thing is pretty sweet looking. I wonder if it’s US 120V standard?

I bought one of these recently and am trying it with Imperihome.
http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-WFTT07-WiFi-Tabletop-Touchscreen-with-HSTouch-P1742.aspx

I love Grashopper App interface on my PC, Phone and Surface tablet.

It was a hard toss up between AutoHomation and Imperihome for my first foray into Android…but I need an HTTP API for dashboards and backup TTS alerts (if my Russound or TV alerts were not working).

I have noticed a lot of crashes with Imperihome. For those that use Android, is there way to restart a crashed app. For a always on interface, I king of wanted always on :slight_smile:

PS - Still haven’t found the perfect wall interface to show off.

I use Tasker to periodically check if the imperihome is running and if not to load that app… I also use another app the makes the imperihome the home app… meaning it always defaults to the imperihome interface…

The only thing I haven’t yet figured out is how to clear the annoying imperihome lost connection screen… if I reboot my vera

If you need to name of the app… I’ll check when I get home

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:30, topic:179087”]That flow7 thing is pretty sweet looking. I wonder if it’s US 120V standard?

I bought one of these recently and am trying it with Imperihome.
http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-WFTT07-WiFi-Tabletop-Touchscreen-with-HSTouch-P1742.aspx

I love Grashopper App interface on my PC, Phone and Surface tablet.

It was a hard toss up between AutoHomation and Imperihome for my first foray into Android…but I need an HTTP API for dashboards and backup TTS alerts (if my Russound or TV alerts were not working).

I have noticed a lot of crashes with Imperihome. For those that use Android, is there way to restart a crashed app. For a always on interface, I king of wanted always on :slight_smile:

PS - Still haven’t found the perfect wall interface to show off.[/quote]

How has that HomeSeer touchscreen been working out for you? Was it difficult to get Imperihome running on that instead of the HS software? I’m considering Imperihome as my frontend for a pending VeraLite install and it looks like it could be a pretty nice option for touchscreen control if it works.

I’ve been running ImperiHome for several months on my Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2 and have not had it crash.

So here is the latest update, while i tried the WFTT07 near the front door…I’ve decided to move in another direction. The WFTT07 was just too small and a tad too slow. The WiFi updates were a little too spotty in my crowded WiFi spectrum so I was really looking for a ethernet tablet. I think I’ll move the WFTT07 to the bedroom and give my fiance my Evolve LCD bedside (for it’s simplicity).

My new path is a wall mounted, 21" HP Android Touchscreen with Ethernet and AutHomation. I ordered these tonight:

I plan to build a wood “frame” or crown molding around it once I have it settled.

I anyone knows the power barrel size HP Slate 21-k100 power adapter…that would be super helpful. I would like to use the Cat 5 location I already have at that wall location with a passive POE injector like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RE3QS0 Or, I can just be patient and measure it myself :wink:

Wow. I guess I went the other way. I bought two Acer 7"'s today to mount on the wall. I already have a 23" AIO HP (older model) in my Kitchen running Win8.1 that i’m about to upgrade to a newer Dell. Still Win8.1, so i’ll run Grasshopper and/or Bluestacks with AutHomation.

I also have a 27" Acer Touchscreen in the Kitchen that allows access to Central WMC Server (8 way HDMI and USB come to this TV).

However, I need a dashboard view of the home and grasshopper doesn’t provide things like showing the camera in the tile view. Also, I pre-ran a Cat5 behind that area, so I’m limited by my wattage that I can put over POE (about 50 watts).

Let me know how your setup works out.

that’s a lot of screen in the kitchen ;D

I was just about to pull the trigger on the Evolves… but decided to try a couple of tablets first for the price. I like Garrett’s card view a lot, although I don’t seem the camera live in that view. I assume what you are going for is a large dashboard view of everything important going on without having to swipe through screens?

Yes, at a glance. I wonder how AutoHomation handdles 1080p screen?

I known there is a “small card view”, but if I get even more tiles with the extra space…I was planning to add some Highway/Traffic cameras too.

@AgileHumor, I too am considering a large Windows or Android touchscreen for House Automation control on our first floor, but I also want it to double as an HDMI monitor that I can feed whatever is on my main TV (for sports game viewing from any angle in the house). Do you know of any large tablets that also accept an HDMI input?

If I can’t find one then I might go the large 23 - 27" touchscreen monitor route, 1x2 HDMI remote switch, then mount a small Intel NUC mini PC to the back of it. Will then end up running a Windows version of some Vera control software.

Sorry TC1, I don’t know a combined one. I know a lot of computer monitors have 2 Video Inputs if you use a PC (acer makes a 23" and a 27" touchscreen). Don’t know if you can get Android on a external box.

I would have preferred Windows, but Grasshopper is the only remote…and it’s awesome as a remote on my phone/tablet…doesn’t have the “glace view” i’m looking for.