Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (or to a Vera Controller)

Here are two documents with descriptions of:

• how to add another Z-Wave controller to an Ezlo controller’s network
  • how to Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (Learn Mode)

How to add another Z-Wave controller to an Ezlo controller’s network.pdf (1.0 MB)
How to Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (Learn Mode).pdf (531.4 KB)

1 Like

Would this enable adding the ezlo to an existing Vera and controlling the already paired devices from the ezlo hub, as part off the migration proces?

Hello @jouked,
Vera is primary and SIS. When ezlo controller is included in the network it becomes Inclusion Controller.
In this case, ezlo controller can include/exclude nodes and control them.

Any feedback if these documents need further clarification when connecting lets say Ezlo and Vera controllers together?

Well, I’m missing the use case here. I presume the documentation gives enough info the complete the procedure, but I’m not sure why I’d want to do this.

Then again, this may just be pointing to the fact that this setup is not meant for users like me :slight_smile: .

You can set up Ezlo as a secondary controller to an existing network you might have.
You can either setup another controller into Ezlo or add Ezlo as a secondary controller to another network (like the old Vera controller, so that it provides an easier transition to start the move from Old Vera controllers to Ezlo).

I have been trying to add my VeraPlus to the EzloPlus using the document How to Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (Learn Mode).pdf.

The description in the document doesn’t match with what happens on my Veraplus. I reach step 4 “Learning mode” and after that I just keep a spinning wheel while in learning mode, no DSK code appears.

Next to this I find a different desription in another thread ( Issue adding Ezlo Secure as a secondary to Vera Secure ) on how to do this which also doesn’t work. It is quite unclear how I can add my VeraPlus as a secondary controller to my EzloPlus.

I understand that the development team has this working, can they describe what they do? Do they have a VeraPlus with devices scenes and plugins or just a clean VeraPlus? Maybe a video/tutorial?

What is the plan to get this fixed. The issue seems to exist for more than two months now. I’m willing to start migrating but I can’t as there still is no working solution. The more users you have on the Ezlo platform the more feedback you get on improvements there…

Hi @ranneman,
We are working now on this issue and I will write update asap.

1 Like